The Last Champions Trophy (Infographic)

Remove this Banner Ad

i read on fox sports that the next world cup will only have 10 teams in it.

2019 in England/Wales will have 10 teams. basically top 8 ODI sides qualify and the rest will go into a qualifying competition for the last 2 spots.

at 14 countries, there will be so many 'dead rubbers' in the opening rounds in 2015. Very unlikely that Bangladesh/Zimbabwe/Ireland will upset enough teams to be an issue. But its great that for 2019 Zimbabwe and Bangladesh will have some accountabilty. If Ireland or Afghanistan are any good around that time then they should get their chance.

2019 in England/Wales will have 10 teams. basically top 8 ODI sides qualify and the rest will go into a qualifying competition for the last 2 spots.

at 14 countries, there will be so many 'dead rubbers' in the opening rounds in 2015. Very unlikely that Bangladesh/Zimbabwe/Ireland will upset enough teams to be an issue. But its great that for 2019 Zimbabwe and Bangladesh will have some accountabilty. If Ireland or Afghanistan are any good around that time then they should get their chance.

i didnt mind the format of the last WC, longer group stages so everyone played 6 games and then elimination meaning every game after it mattered.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the top 4 will be Australia, New Zealand, Pakistan & West Indies. A lot of people would probably expect England & South Africa to be in there but i can't see it.

South Africa have lost Smith & Kallis who are massive outs & when it comes to big games they just don't get the job done.
England have there own worries with Broad & Finn both with injury doubts on them. And for mine with Pieterson not playing they just lack that firepower in the batting & would struggle to chase down big targets.

Most runs- Shane Watson
Most wickets- Junaid Khan

For mine Australia has the most balanced squad out of everyone & we all know how they perform in ODI tournaments. Our one weakness which is spin, will not get shown up in English conditions anywhere near as much if it was played in the sub-contininent.

It's still cricket, and gives a good distraction during the footy season. Won't notice it's gone, but certainly not fussed either way.

I think the top 4 will be Australia, New Zealand, Pakistan & West Indies. A lot of people would probably expect England & South Africa to be in there but i can't see it.

South Africa have lost Smith & Kallis who are massive outs & when it comes to big games they just don't get the job done.
England have there own worries with Broad & Finn both with injury doubts on them. And for mine with Pieterson not playing they just lack that firepower in the batting & would struggle to chase down big targets.

Most runs- Shane Watson
Most wickets- Junaid Khan

For mine Australia has the most balanced squad out of everyone & we all know how they perform in ODI tournaments. Our one weakness which is spin, will not get shown up in English conditions anywhere near as much if it was played in the sub-contininent.

Sri Lanka>>>>>>>Australia>>>>>>>>>>>>>West Indies in ODI's

Sri Lanka will make the final 4 in this. They'd almost be favourites

Maybe i am underrating them a little, pretty open tournament really, no clear standout team. I'm just glad it's not being played in the sub-continent, looking forward to seeing a bit of bounce & swing hopefully.

Maybe i am underrating them a little, pretty open tournament really, no clear standout team. I'm just glad it's not being played in the sub-continent, looking forward to seeing a bit of bounce & swing hopefully.

they beat us, what, 3-1? And we then destroyed the WIndies 5-0, who also had just lost an ODI serie to Bangladesh

they beat us, what, 3-1? And we then destroyed the WIndies 5-0, who also had just lost an ODI serie to Bangladesh

Yeah i can't even remember all these ODI series between countries but there you go. Just my opinion on the top 4 anyway, i could be right or i could be wrong we'll find out soon i guess. Who would your top 4 be out of interest?

Yeah i can't even remember all these ODI series between countries but there you go. Just my opinion on the top 4 anyway, i could be right or i could be wrong we'll find out soon i guess. Who would your top 4 be out of interest?

Sri Lanka obviously. New Zealand are a very strong ODI team, especialy in English conditions. I like South Africa's squad. And we're the defending champs for a reason

Remove this Banner Ad

The Last Champions Trophy (Infographic)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back