Border Gavaskar Trophy, India v Australia, 4th Test 9-13 March, 1430hrs at Ahmedabad

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Just another example on why Test need to change to 4 days.
How would that have fixed the fiasco we saw in this Test?

If a road is produced, even 5 days isn't long enough, as we witnessed here.

What a horrendous Test to finish the series.
Matches of this nature do absolutely nothing to enhance Test cricket and will, in fact, do precisely the opposite.

I forgot Indian cricket has 7000 awards for their players in every match

It’s not bad enough that they so shamelessly produced the flattest Indian wicket in 1000 years because they were scared we might draw the series…… but then they give awards out and just give them to all their players. Ffs. No wonder I hate that country so much….the most corrupt shithole in the world.

How would that have fixed the fiasco we saw in this Test?

If a road is produced, even 5 days isn't long enough, as we witnessed here.

Well one, we don't have to watch another day of it and two, It would encourage captains to be more aggressive with their game plans. I just think it would help Test cricket greatly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well one, we don't have to watch another day of it and two, It would encourage captains to be more aggressive with their game plans. I just think it would help Test cricket greatly.
What would stop teams from shutting up shop and either bowl or bat extremely defensively to secure a draw? Add in rain and you'd have more draws than ****ing soccer.

India basically got nothing all series out of Rahul, Pujara, Iyer, Bharat and the second pacemen.

They beat us with half a side....
Same can be said about us with Carey (Bharat contributed more than him), Cummins, Starc and Boland (Shami and Yadav contributed more than them), Smith, Warner and Labuschagne (Pujara contributed more than them).

So where are all geniuses on this thread that said that this pitch would break down from day 3 onwards because of the heat?

Pretty clear from the first session that India had prepared an absolute dead road for a draw ..... and I got called out for saying as much
They usually do especially with 35+ degree in the first 3 days, I guess they added more "clay" this time.......

Y'know, I would've taken 2-1 before the tour. I definitely would've taken it after the first Test. We essentially self immolated at Delhi, and this was just a hot, 5 day net.

We've done a lot, lot worse in an Indian tour
We really cooked ourselves in the second test, had a good chance that we gave up faster than un wanted child

A big **** you to India, for ruining what should've been one of the best Test series in years.

Selecting the last pitch purely to prevent the chance of us squaring up the series is a disgrace - the players should be ashamed of themselves for winning the series under such pathetic, contrived circumstances.

A big * you to India, for ruining what should've been one of the best Test series in years.

Selecting the last pitch purely to prevent the chance of us squaring up the series is a disgrace - the players should be ashamed of themselves for winning the series under such pathetic, contrived circumstances.
Nah nothing against the players what so ever, they can’t control it.

Y'know, I would've taken 2-1 before the tour. I definitely would've taken it after the first Test. We essentially self immolated at Delhi, and this was just a hot, 5 day net.

We've done a lot, lot worse in an Indian tour

Think it presents as a huge missed opportunity ultimately. Just one less horrendous session in the second test and India may have been needing to push for a win to draw the series here.

I don't think it's surprising that the team got more comfortable as they played more cricket - as others have commented it speaks to the lack of preparation leading into Nagpur. There are positives in the way they picked themselves up and forced their way back into the series. It's just a shame that we were never going to get a result wicket in the 4th test the way things panned out.

Credit to India though. They were better for longer and deserved winners in the end.

After we went 2-0 tests down my interest faded.

The win, while great, was just a bit whoopy doo. like junk time goals in a 10 goal loss.

2-1 series loss isn't terrible. It's hard to win there.

Move on.

I think it could be a similar story in England. Poms 2-1

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Border Gavaskar Trophy, India v Australia, 4th Test 9-13 March, 1430hrs at Ahmedabad

Back