Roast The leadership of the Port Adelaide FC

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry - big time!! Your forgot the CEO who runs/manages the entire system.
And that is what makes a good CEO.

Someone who sees that the person responsible has not done their job correctly and sacks them. We will see.

It is still the head of the football department who has cracked up. Then Thomas if he does act at the end of the year.

It started when they changed what the club existed for to include ‘and make our community proud’. This, whilst something we want to do, should never have been put up as important as winning premierships. It’s taken the heat off our on-field performances for those off-field. Because, hey, we’re hitting our other equally important goal all the time.

I live in Melb, curious to know if either ken or Travis go to the after game function and face the fans? Or do they do media commitments and leave?

Would i be correct in assuming that we agree that our Club cannot afford to wait 3+ years to rectify the error of giving KH 3 more years ? , if so how do we members go about forcing change ? , without destroying our Club in the process.

KT does the department review and he has stated that the coaches speak to much technical speak for him to understand and yet he still decided not to let someone with the know how to fix the situation take over a review , clear as ****ing day he's got no proper answers for our predicament

True , wont be KH though , and now that Dewy has been snapped up , what do we do ?
Well I would say throw money at someone like Clarkson, but it's not an option when we're at the beginning of the Hinkley mega deal. I'd like us to perhaps lure Jarrad Schofield over from WA as an assistant, and if he's as talented as he's meant to be, set up a succession plan. It's playing the long game I guess.

KT, Koch, Kevin Osborn are all in with Ken for the next 3 years. Nothing is going to change. As I wrote in the Members Convention thread the basic strategy is that we are all in over the next 3 seasons to win a flag with thi group of coaches leading the way. When Koch came on board we had the triumvirate of Koch, Kevin Osborn and KT locked in for 6 years until 2018. Ken was locked in until 2016 but it was soon 2018. Then Koch talked about sticking around to 2020 and the 150th anniversary and the 3 K's will all be there until then with Ken getting an extension until 2021. Burgo was also locked in for 6 years as well. He started on 3 years but was stitched up to end of 2014.

In this post in that Members Convention thread I went thru our senior footy department staff and you can see from the list most of them aren't going anywhere.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...mber-convention.1182311/page-19#post-54309584

And the footy department soft cap means its harder to sack coaches early unless there are some sort of out performance clauses and you dont have to pay them out early.

It is a case of 3.67 more years, 3.67 more years, 3.67 more years.

KT, Koch, Kevin Osborn are all in with Ken for the next 3 years. Nothing is going to change. As I wrote in the Members Convention thread the basic strategy is that we are all in over the next 3 seasons to win a flag with thi group of coaches leading the way. When Koch came on board we had the triumvirate of Koch, Kevin Osborn and KT locked in for 6 years until 2018. Ken was locked in until 2016 but it was soon 2018. Then Koch talked about sticking around to 2020 and the 150th anniversary and the 3 K's will all be there until then with Ken getting an extension until 2021. Burgo was also locked in for 6 years as well. He started on 3 years but was stitched up to end of 2014.

In this post in that Members Convention thread I went thru our senior footy department staff and you can see from the list most of them aren't going anywhere.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...mber-convention.1182311/page-19#post-54309584

And the footy department soft cap means its harder to sack coaches early unless there are some sort of out performance clauses and you dont have to pay them out early.

so time to cancel memberships then ??????

so time to cancel memberships then ??????
Nope time to stick fat and go and hassle management to make some changes to football philosophy.

As KT once said, make everybody who is failing, get comfortable with feeling uncomfortable.

Nope time to stick fat and go and hassle management to make some changes to football philosophy.

As KT once said, make everybody who is failing, get comfortable with feeling uncomfortable.

we did and they resigned him , were out of options now , our club is as good as dead unless we doe something major quick , blood must be split

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boak...sigh.

If it wasn't for that 1 and half years he would be an absolute bust.

Ken I have officially given up on for the next 4 years.

We will have good wins we will have the obvious loses but I am sure this coach will not take us to the promised Land.

Finally and officially checked out of the Ken regime with 4 more years to go.

Boak was okay today - the gameplan stinks like shit.

fourmoreyears

we could have been in the game early on if boak had kicked for goal rather than a hospital hand pass

and the later in the game he kicked when he could of hand balled.

sadly as he has slowed down, his poor disposal and poor decision making is becoming a massive liability

we did and they resigned him , were out of options now , our club is as good as dead unless we doe something major quick , blood must be split
Just like Choco and the dopey recruiters bludged off the greatness of Warren Tredrea, Ken is going to have depend on the potential greatness of Todd Marshall.

Choco had some bad luck, Lockwood's back injury was a major disappointment, White breaking his ankle meant he couldn't even become a solid support type player, Toby couldn't sustain playing as the 2nd or 3rd tall and lots of duds were drafted until we got Schulz and rather than 2 or 3 years with Tredders they got 7 games together before Tredders ankle injury finished his career.

Dixon is too flaky in big moments with set shots in big games and Watts is just mentally too flaky to consistently deliverer in the big moments. Todd Marshall will have to carry a Warren Tredrea like suitcase to help Ken survive.

Would i be correct in assuming that we agree that our Club cannot afford to wait 3+ years to rectify the error of giving KH 3 more years ? , if so how do we members go about forcing change ? , without destroying our Club in the process.
We will win 55%, maybe 60% of our games under Ken. That means we are there abouts but never gonna be a major threat. That means management will say, stay the course, we will get there.

Will Boak do the Presser on Monday and radio rounds to explain our poor effort and take some responsibility.

Or will it be left to the usual suspects - Jasper, Jack Hombsch, Ebo etc. Hammer probably would have had to do it if he wasn't injured.

Sorry mate, disagree.
How can we wait one year let alone four?
In the meantime memberships fall, merchandise sales fall, pressure mounts on key staff until they leave, the brand becomes unsaleable in China and everywhere else.
No bloody way can anything that is inevitable wait four years, by which time nothing will be left.
We put a chair next to the one marked ‘senior coach’ and put a sign on it that reads ‘ex senior coach charged with assisting the next senior coach’ and Hinkley sits in it and contributes as long as he wants to. Bear in mnd he is contributing nothing at present as he just can’t keep up with the modern game and modern coaching. He is an old man. Not as old as me but old nonetheless, like Malthouse was too old when he greedily sat in the chair at Carlton.
Footy is a game for young minds, for fearless minds, less fearful than those of, sadly, KT. But KT’s fearfulness can be fixed, while Hinkley’s faults are immovable.

if you were a new coach, would you take this job? This is a Primus like handball with so many old players and so many broken spirits
No it's not.
We have lots of assistant coaches, and a fitness department second to none.
Primus had ... had ... had.. oh yeah almost forgot, he had Skype.

EDIT: He may have had google and Wikipedia as well but I'm not sure if they count.

Will Boak do the Presser on Monday and radio rounds to explain our poor effort and take some responsibility.

Or will it be left to the usual suspects - Jasper, Jack Hombsch, Ebo etc. Hammer probably would have had to do it if he wasn't injured.
Lmao, does Boak still not front the media? What is going on?

Sorry mate, disagree.
How can we wait one year let alone four?
In the meantime memberships fall, merchandise sales fall, pressure mounts on key staff until they leave, the brand becomes unsaleable in China and everywhere else.
No bloody way can anything that is inevitable wait four years, by which time nothing will be left.
We put a chair next to the one marked ‘senior coach’ and put a sign on it that reads ‘ex senior coach charged with assisting the next senior coach’ and Hinkley sits in it and contributes as long as he wants to. Bear in mnd he is contributing nothing at present as he just can’t keep up with the modern game and modern coaching. He is an old man. Not as old as me but old nonetheless, like Malthouse was too old when he greedily sat in the chair at Carlton.
Footy is a game for young minds, for fearless minds, less fearful than those of, sadly, KT. But KT’s fearfulness can be fixed, while Hinkley’s faults are immovable.
Unfortunately I cant see KT and/or Koch getting rid of Ken. Are they going to get CD to do it instead?

Unfortunately we are locked and loaded until maybe mid 2021 at the earliest unless there is a very flexible performance out clause. They know as long as we win enough games - mainly against the cellar dwellers - there wont be change.

If it was up to me I wouldn't have rushed to his place to resign after we lost to WCE in the EF. I am still pissed off we played Impey instead of Trengove, we got rid of both, we gave Marshall no coverage in the EF and we made another massive donation to the Jeremy McGovern Foundation - again. We should not have lost at home to the WCE even kicking like shit for goal. We could have beaten GWS with Jonas back IMO. We stuffed up massively.

I would have said, Ken your moves didnt work. You play too many short people. You are coaching until the end of 2018 for now and if the media speculate for 12 months bad luck. You have a contract, fullfil it and get us to where you said we would get to and you get an extension.

Marshall is the one player who might save Ken as I wrote above.

We dont have a ruthless, blood and guts mentality. If we did we wouldnt have resigned Ken yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast The leadership of the Port Adelaide FC

Remove this Banner Ad

Back