The Lego Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Just starting the Retro Radio. Must say, there's a satisfying amount of Technic in here, it even includes one of the supercar gear box pieces ;).

PS London Phone Box and Orient Express are $150 off as a bundle at the Stores tomorrow. Not sure even that kind of discount makes the latter set attractive. Would definitely be my vote as the most disappointing recent set :(.

The radio was great fun. A bit repetitive on the final stages building the front and side panels but hard to avoid that. Clever functionality, I do think they could have done more with the sound brick though. The tuning button turns the dial the wrong way to how I remember it, but that could be just me.

You could put a Bluetooth speaker in the space at the back (or the insides of a real radio) - IKEA used toake one that was a perfect fit but sadly it is no longer available. There is a clip designed to take your mobile phone.

About 10 times the cost of a pocket transistor radio though ;). Another one that you should keep an eye out for on special but is a bit rich at RRP.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

heath ledger joker GIF
1000007308.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

The Lego Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back