The Lego Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

$700 (not including postage).

I've spent $$$$ on far worse items over the years - I can justify expenses to myself but others would go BUT WHY ?

In the case of Lego Voltron I've always wanted it but never pulled the trigger. I decided to go for it on a whim (while looking at the Lego Bumblebee online last week I saw it, checked ebay and ummed and ahhed).

I'm looking at the purchase as though it's either the last or one of the last sets that I'll ever buy. Other than another spur of the moment splurge on the UCS Millenium Falcon lol. So it's a good "end" of my lego journey, I'd be content with admiring other people's builds via photos from then on.

I get that... I kind of like that they've started releasing a bunch of F1 cars, it's a way to stay engaged with the hobby while also saving money and space by limiting what I'm buying.

F1 cars are all that I've bought since the big Mercedes was released. I've built the orange McLaren, the Senna McLaren has annoying been half built for a month (my foster dog doesn't love lego playing), and I've been saving the Technic McLaren. I also have the Aston Martin F1 + safety car that's not even out of the shipping box.

$700 (not including postage).

I've spent $$$$ on far worse items over the years - I can justify expenses to myself but others would go BUT WHY ?

In the case of Lego Voltron I've always wanted it but never pulled the trigger. I decided to go for it on a whim (while looking at the Lego Bumblebee online last week I saw it, checked ebay and ummed and ahhed).

I'm looking at the purchase as though it's either the last or one of the last sets that I'll ever buy. Other than another spur of the moment splurge on the UCS Millenium Falcon lol. So it's a good "end" of my lego journey, I'd be content with admiring other people's builds via photos from then on.
Sounds like a challenge for the rest of us to find new sets that you'll be tempted by. Never say never :p

Sounds like a challenge for the rest of us to find new sets that you'll be tempted by. Never say never :p

I'm always going to be tempted (I want JAWS for example) but I'll need to move into a bigger house or convert another room into a boys toys / Lego room if I want to go all out on Lego.

Milky Way finished and on display. It looks awesome from a distance and the 3D effect is very well done. It did get a bit monotous towards the end (but I've also done the original world map so knew more or less what to expect) but it's something a bit different and being a space nerd it fits perfectly. Recommended.

Did the new Plum Blossom botanical set at the weekend too, it's a pretty simple build but again very effective. It seems that around two thirds of the parts are the pot, but it's an attractive display piece and should be available at around 20-25% off. Not sure about the Chrysanthemum (aka the banana battle pack) as it looks like adjusting all those bananas to line up would drive me nuts, and my OCD won't allow unevenness ;).

Some new Christmas sets, Wreath and Table Candle look cool (these usually dont get to the other retail channels so you generally have to pay RRP). Advent Calendars also been released but please don't pay $60 for these - there will be discounts at places like Big W and amazon. I think I paid about $35 for last year's.

Next build might be the Lunar Rover or Notre Dame. I suspect the former, as I haven't done Technic in anger for a little while, but Neese's review of the latter has me really looking forward to it.

Am I A Joke To You GIF

Started this one 2-3 months ago and haven’t had a chance to finish. Today I went to a local footy final but wasn’t that enthused about the teams. So when it started raining and there was lots of cars, I turned around and came home and had a more productive day.

Bought 2 as it suggests making a double long one, but I did like someone’s effort to do the second one the opposite way so it’s one long corridor instead of the suggested option in the book.

IMG_4581.jpeg

So the one I saw is to make it one long wall on one side instead of this way. We’ll see how many more months till I tackle it…

image.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've got cup week off so that's when I'll aim to build SOMETHING (whether it's something old or the Bumblebee/Voltron purchases).
Voltron is a great set. I was lucky my partner gave me this set as a gift when first released. Xtreme you inspired me to build it soon.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Lego Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back