The Lego Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

When is the book GWP? I am holding off getting Notre Dame until that drops
According to one Lego leak site, this is due from 21/6 to 30/6, so imminently. May not be the same in Lego Australia though.

I ordered Notre Dame from Big W - $279 less 10% everyday extra (this is definitely worth having if you spend more than $600 a year at Big W regardless of whether you shop at Woolworths) and a few $ in everyday rewards. Worked out at about 40% off. Figured I'd forgo a GWP for that.

According to one Lego leak site, this is due from 21/6 to 30/6, so imminently. May not be the same in Lego Australia though.

I ordered Notre Dame from Big W - $279 less 10% everyday extra (this is definitely worth having if you spend more than $600 a year at Big W regardless of whether you shop at Woolworths) and a few $ in everyday rewards. Worked out at about 40% off. Figured I'd forgo a GWP for that.

Was disappointed they’ve put a $500 limit on purchases, definitely wasn’t there last month when I was looking at Millenium Falcon for May 4th.

Was disappointed they’ve put a $500 limit on purchases, definitely wasn’t there last month when I was looking at Millenium Falcon for May 4th.
I thought they'd always had a maximum discount of $50 at each of Big W and Woolworths each month, but that may be a new thing. Still good value though at $70 a year.

The Botanicals collection - although it has the occasional miss imo - is doing it yet again. These look terrific and likely priced at under $50 each.

I've seen the Chrysanthemum described online as "the banana battle pack". Most appropriate ;). I don't think either of these looks as good as the orchid, but they will be more keenly priced and again manage a good level of realism with existing Lego pieces.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Neese the Jules Verne GWP is live now on lego.com, threshold is only $240 so Notre Dame easily qualifies.

There's also a mini Trophy GWP for purchase of $105 from certain themes.

Talking of that, I ordered Notre Dame but for 20% off from David Jones.

The Jules Verne GWP looks okay, but it doesn't close up and sort of a bit of all over the place.

I've seen the Chrysanthemum described online as "the banana battle pack". Most appropriate ;). I don't think either of these looks as good as the orchid, but they will be more keenly priced and again manage a good level of realism with existing Lego pieces.

I hate the pot on both of these. Don't think I need them. I would love more insects though.

I hate the pot on both of these. Don't think I need them. I would love more insects though.

For me, it's actually better as it means the piece count (and price) is lower and I am not too fussed that it looks a bit too small as it's easier to display.

The orchid though is definitely still the best Botanicals set as of yet.

20% off at Target for OnePass members. I think this is their usual school holiday sale with early access for members, so could be available for everyone later in the week.

Includes Tuxedo Cat, which I don't think I've seen anywhere else.

EDIT : Yep it seems to be an Early Access for OnePass members, with general availability from Thursday.

Last edited:
20% off at Target for OnePass members. I think this is their usual school holiday sale with early access for members, so could be available for everyone later in the week.

Includes Tuxedo Cat, which I don't think I've seen anywhere else.

EDIT : Yep it seems to be an Early Access for OnePass members, with general availability from Thursday.

Thank you for the heads up, finally took the plunge and bought the Millennium Falcon, too good a price to resist.

Now to quit my job to build it…😂😂😂

ive stayed out of here so i dont spend money
ended up grabbing some of the smallish potter and stashing it away for when the house is done in about 6 or so weeks

its been a long time coming
hope to start setting something up at least over xmas
have so ****ing much to rebuild and new stuff to actually build for a first time its not funny

Remove this Banner Ad

The Lego Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back