The Lego Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Loved this build :thumbsu: . It's so cleverly put together and looks awesome. Probably my favourite build from last year. Enjoy!
I'm enjoying it. The front wall and top of it are finicky though. I'm finding some of the flat pieces not quite lining up. Bloody stickers too!

Bags 10 to 12 see the western end (ie the more famous bits) take shape.

PXL_20240703_031104141.jpg PXL_20240703_060347425.MP.jpg PXL_20240703_072447543.jpg

Three fairly short bags, but they add greatly to the detail involved. The second photo I tried to take a blurry shot of the interior - which will inevitably get covered up by the mass of the rest of the cathedral. Of note, the model is probably smaller than you think ('only' 41cm long) and the name plate is printed - yes, no stickers! I read that some intricate parts later on are also printed. The construction of key parts in these past three bags was great - in the words of Gordon Ramsay...

Season 11 Love GIF by Masterchef

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bags 13 to 15 as follows - I managed to get great lighting angles for bags 13 and 14, yay.

PXL_20240704_014020687.jpg PXL_20240704_020419783.jpg PXL_20240704_053918285.jpg

Yes, a simple build up of the western end from the ground up. The manual, if I forgot to mention, also outlines the significance of certain steps and how the whole thing was built gradually over many many years, and how they kept it operational while major works were being conducted. Although tedious, I appreciated the perfect symmetry in this portion so far which makes it a lot easier - the other end had a few asymmetrical building portions.

Loved building this.
Pretty sure this was delivered today. Next day is a shock.
In saying that, the postie rang the doorbell camera with a big lego shaped package and walked off, so could be at Aus post. 🙄
Girlfriend was home too, lazy bastards will get a spray if it's at the P.O

Last edited:
Pretty sure this was delivered today. Next day is a shock.
In saying that, the postie rang the doorbell camera with a big lego shaped package and walked off, so could be at Aus post. 🙄
Girlfriend was home too, lazy bastards will get a spray if it's at the P.O

Rude. Mine always knocks on the door.

Bags 16 to 18 and now a bit over halfway (out of 34 bags), and it is truly starting to take shape now.

PXL_20240705_004719809.jpg PXL_20240705_011436295.jpg PXL_20240705_015925753.jpg

The second photo shows detail that I suspect will be covered up when the roof goes on and will have limited visibility even if it is detachable. Glad that the last bag happened during this particular time of morning as the sun rays really emphasised the windows on the northern and southern faces of the cathedral. Of course, the details are printed on the window pieces. Great stuff even if things like the pillars and windows you can see in the photos are tedious at times.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Lego Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back