The Lego Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The Ideas Botanic Garden has been released for November 1 availability. Not sure about it TBH, especially at $500. You can buy the Friends one for $90 now, and three of those make an equally impressive Botanic Garden build. I guess it has new roof pieces, but that price point for a non-licensed set is steep.

I think I might get the Mario Kart sets instead :p.

The Ideas Botanic Garden has been released for November 1 availability. Not sure about it TBH, especially at $500. You can buy the Friends one for $90 now, and three of those make an equally impressive Botanic Garden build. I guess it has new roof pieces, but that price point for a non-licensed set is steep.

I think I might get the Mario Kart sets instead :p.

I do like that the botanic garden isn’t just a frontage with an open back of the set.

My Mum got my Dad the Titanic for their 40th wedding anniversary last year.

He has yet to open the box 🤣 "I need to buy a table or something big enough to display it on first" 🤣
I bought shelving specifically with open cube type spacing to fit a few sets. The Titanic sits on top of the shelf. Measures around 1.3m. Truly a magnificent set.

I bought shelving specifically with open cube type spacing to fit a few sets. The Titanic sits on top of the shelf. Measures around 1.3m. Truly a magnificent set.
Yeah, I have a 2x4 Ikea KALLAX cube unit awaiting this very use. It's 145cm long. Unfortunately I'm not sure it'll ever fulfil its intended purpose ;).

We have a small tradition now where we go to the post-Christmas sales with credit card rewards points and the like and pick up one or two big sets to build together on Boxing Day or the day after.

View attachment 2150810

Every time I see this beauty on my shelf I wish I could go back in time to tell 10 year old me I'll own something like this one day 😍
I had the original one - I think it was in yellow?

Bits are scattered around a bunch of Lego buckets at various places.

We have a small tradition now where we go to the post-Christmas sales with credit card rewards points and the like and pick up one or two big sets to build together on Boxing Day or the day after.
Brilliant! Usually after Black Friday the Lego budget is completely blown, but there are sets to be built so Boxing Day becomes Unboxing Day ;).

I had the original one - I think it was in yellow?

Bits are scattered around a bunch of Lego buckets at various places.
Yes, it was. Much revered by Castle fans too, would definitely be worth something if you wanted to sell it. Which of course you don't ;). It was yellow because Lego executives weren't sure the line would be a success, and didn't want to embark on producing a lot of recoloured pieces should it fail. Yellow was the colour that most of the pieces already existed in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loved the pirate Lego (Googling the below image brought back memories), always wanted a ship, but never got one. Had this instead:

6270_Forbidden_Island.jpg

Had a lot more of this dragon type lego, it wasn't as fun though:

6076_lego_dragon_cave_by_galaxine-d45u7ac.jpg
How's your Lego these days, Starburns_ ?

Remove this Banner Ad

The Lego Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back