Star Wars The Mandalorian

Remove this Banner Ad

The Ashoka tv series trailer was leaked

That show is going to be awesome feels like a live action Rebels so excited for it

Yeah heard there's a clip that's a live action version of the last scene in Rebels.

Wonder if that means Ahsoka show is for kids and people won't watch it. :think:;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't watch Rebels, but is the ghost crew potentially the same as the new Jude Law Skeleton Crew show?

Nah very different. Ghost crew were an adult rebel cell, Skeleton Crew is about a group of 10 year olds.

Yeah heard there's a clip that's a live action version of the last scene in Rebels.

Wonder if that means Ahsoka show is for kids and people won't watch it. :think:;)
No, it means people either have to do 'homework' ahead of watching it, or try to catch up on the run. Give some of the criticisms directed at Dr Strange 2 over a similar situation (and that's based on watching one season, not 4, of a show aimed at the same audience), I don't think it will work out as well as they hope. i watched Rebels season 1 and it is 100 per cent a kids cartoon. It doesn't matter if by season 4, it was more complex, a hell of a lot of people aren't sitting through those first few seasons just to get ready for a live action show.

No, it means people either have to do 'homework' ahead of watching it, or try to catch up on the run. Give some of the criticisms directed at Dr Strange 2 over a similar situation (and that's based on watching one season, not 4, of a show aimed at the same audience), I don't think it will work out as well as they hope. i watched Rebels season 1 and it is 100 per cent a kids cartoon. It doesn't matter if by season 4, it was more complex, a hell of a lot of people aren't sitting through those first few seasons just to get ready for a live action show.

I think the majority of the audience will cope just fine.

I think the majority of the audience will cope just fine.
Just as I'm sure most coped fine with Dr Strange 2; that's not to say it hasn't received a bit of criticism for not walking that line between accommodating people who had seen it and people who hadn't, or attracted a lower rating (that, of course, not being the only reason). If Ahsoka doesn't do a first-rate job of bringing people up to speed, those same people will mark it down. This isn't just a few plot points here and there, it's the driving storyline and major characters.

I'm a big Star Wars fan, I watched the first season of Rebels, if I couldn't be bothered watching it all the way through, i would suggest I'm not Robinson Crusoe on that front.

Just as I'm sure most coped fine with Dr Strange 2; that's not to say it hasn't received a bit of criticism for not walking that line between accommodating people who had seen it and people who hadn't, or attracted a lower rating (that, of course, not being the only reason). If Ahsoka doesn't do a first-rate job of bringing people up to speed, those same people will mark it down. This isn't just a few plot points here and there, it's the driving storyline and major characters.

I'm a big Star Wars fan, I watched the first season of Rebels, if I couldn't be bothered watching it all the way through, i would suggest I'm not Robinson Crusoe on that front.

If people seriously struggled with Dr Strange 2 because it had some minor plot elements from another Marvel production then I dunno what to say. They know it's a cinematic universe yes?

Rebels is not for kids

It was great. Ezra can be annoying but the death of Kanan, the dark saber, Thrawn, Maul, Obi Wan it was cool as ****. Even the arc on Rex following clone wars was great.

The notion of sitting through seasons of whatever to link two movies has thrown me off Marvel. I read a site that chronologically listed every entry years back, with the grand plan of watching everything in order, but when it's a case of "watch three seasons of Shield" between entry 33 to 35, it's too much! Watched the four movies up to Endgame back to back on an international flight...saw Wandavision...burnt out...! On top of that, it worries me that SW isn't going for quality, it's going for fan wanking. Destroyed the sequels, and Boba. Ironically, OW will be the one which can get away with it.

The notion of sitting through seasons of whatever to link two movies has thrown me off Marvel. I read a site that chronologically listed every entry years back, with the grand plan of watching everything in order, but when it's a case of "watch three seasons of Shield" between entry 33 to 35, it's too much! Watched the four movies up to Endgame back to back on an international flight...saw Wandavision...burnt out...! On top of that, it worries me that SW isn't going for quality, it's going for fan wanking. Destroyed the sequels, and Boba. Ironically, OW will be the one which can get away with it.

Shield never linked to the movies nor was a requirement though. It was always quite distinct.

Wandavision is pretty short and not needed for Dr Strange 2, it's a two minute catch up within the movie and then you're up to speed and don't need to have seen it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Star Wars The Mandalorian

Remove this Banner Ad

Back