Star Wars The Mandalorian

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve never seen an episode of Agents of Shield, it’s not essential viewing at all for the coherency of the MCU.
You're missing out, it was quite great at times. That said, it was never really promoted as essential viewing, just complementary, which is what TV should be to movies (and books to TV and so on).

WandaVision is more important to Dr Strange 2 than just complementary even if you can muddle through without it. Loki introduced what is going to be one of the big bads but I guess we will see if he gets a reintroduction of sorts in Ant Man 3. These big franchises have to be very careful with how they balance their multiple media because they can easily overestimate how much time people are willing to dedicate to them. Three movies a year for Marvel is six hours, four series (WandaVision, F&TWS, Loki and Hawkeye) is 20 plus.

You're missing out, it was quite great at times. That said, it was never really promoted as essential viewing, just complementary, which is what TV should be to movies (and books to TV and so on).

WandaVision is more important to Dr Strange 2 than just complementary even if you can muddle through without it. Loki introduced what is going to be one of the big bads but I guess we will see if he gets a reintroduction of sorts in Ant Man 3. These big franchises have to be very careful with how they balance their multiple media because they can easily overestimate how much time people are willing to dedicate to them. Three movies a year for Marvel is six hours, four series (WandaVision, F&TWS, Loki and Hawkeye) is 20 plus.

Yes there’s definitely going to be a reintroduction for him in the next Ant Man film. He Who Remains, Immortus, Kang etc, they’re all seperate iterations. That will take care of itself over time.

Sam Raimi stating publicly that he hadn’t seen all of WandaVision wasn’t a great look, from an optics point of view. There were some jarring elements of Dr Strange 2 for someone who has gone straight from watching WandaVision and then into the film itself. Anyway, as you said this does need to be balanced correctly.

Last edited:
Why should Sam Raimi have to watch a TV show if he's making a movie?

The best HP movie was made by a guy who never read a book. Nobody cared at the time. The fandom didn't blow up over it. It was a completely neutral look.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Because of the inconsistency of her arc from the series to the film. Not sure the fandom is “blowing up” about it (whatever that means), just saying it’s an unusual thing to state publicly. Particularly for such a well established universe with multiple narratives weaved through quite seamlessly.

Because of the inconsistency of her arc from the series to the film. Not sure the fandom is “blowing up” about it (whatever that means), just saying it’s an unusual thing to state publicly. Particularly for such a well established universe with multiple narratives weaved through quite seamlessly.

And especially if you want people to watch your show, having a director of one of your movies say even he didn't have to watch it doesn't really drive views.

Shield never linked to the movies nor was a requirement though. It was always quite distinct.

Wandavision is pretty short and not needed for Dr Strange 2, it's a two minute catch up within the movie and then you're up to speed and don't need to have seen it.

It did for a time in that it coincided with whatever was happening in the MCU and it was all same universe related, then they split it because everyone saw how horrible an idea it was.

That is to say, Wandavision is a direct character story snippet, that's vastly different to "these things existed in the same universe just different locations" when you're looking at perspective things.

Anywho,

haven't seen rebels, struggling though TCW as hell, even running it through work it feels like naruto with just filler shit in each episode, so doubt I'll get to rebels or anything thing else in that space.

Still DGAF about the why, is a contiuation of WTF she's doing in Mando and where the shit she came from anyway so WGAF about the other shit. Overblown in this case IMO.

It did for a time in that it coincided with whatever was happening in the MCU and it was all same universe related, then they split it because everyone saw how horrible an idea it was.

That is to say, Wandavision is a direct character story snippet, that's vastly different to "these things existed in the same universe just different locations" when you're looking at perspective things.

Anywho,

haven't seen rebels, struggling though TCW as hell, even running it through work it feels like naruto with just filler shit in each episode, so doubt I'll get to rebels or anything thing else in that space.

Still DGAF about the why, is a contiuation of WTF she's doing in Mando and where the shit she came from anyway so WGAF about the other shit. Overblown in this case IMO.

Interesting perspective on TCW since by definition there isn't 'filler' as there's no overall story arc to have things 'filled' in between.. it's literally a show of arc story telling, where 3-4 eps will form a cohesive story.

Nah very different. Ghost crew were an adult rebel cell, Skeleton Crew is about a group of 10 year olds.
Really? I hadn't heard anything about it until I posted the previous comment, but didn't bother looking into it either.
I guess there's always going to be some content aimed directly at the younger audience, but I guess most of it has been in cartoon format up until now.

Really? I hadn't heard anything about it until I posted the previous comment, but didn't bother looking into it either.
I guess there's always going to be some content aimed directly at the younger audience, but I guess most of it has been in cartoon format up until now.

Yeah not quite sure what tone it will take but seems a weird demographic for a show.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's the danger of back stories, destroying your illusions. I've lost my faith in Alien and Predator, although Prey was good. The problem with SW is that the OT itself is weak in character development, meaning that anything restoring or even creating a bit of logical sequence gets villified, and then we're stuck with this "SW values" bullshit. Alternatively, they then overly draw on what is in those movies, and it still looks silly.

SW just doesn't have the freedom that the MU or DC do to play around with the characters...Boba Fett was totally f###ed, Obi Wan was good but limited in what it could do...that's why I'm really looking forward to Andor, they can go nuts with that...

Last edited:
Probably a dumb question, and may have missed it being explained in the show, but the whole, you took your helmet off, you are not a mando anymore, how come Bo Katarn can have her helmet off and still want to be the leader of the Mandalorians? Or have i got this worng?

Probably a dumb question, and may have missed it being explained in the show, but the whole, you took your helmet off, you are not a mando anymore, how come Bo Katarn can have her helmet off and still want to be the leader of the Mandalorians? Or have i got this worng?

Din is from a stricter, more puritanical section of Mandalorian society.

Like Sydney supporters who call them Bloods.

Remove this Banner Ad

Star Wars The Mandalorian

Remove this Banner Ad

Back