Star Wars The Mandalorian

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes was trying to figure this out, if one has actually got a poster on ignore then how do they get alerted/read posts from the ignored poster? I’m confused. Anyway.
You still see the poster has posted, and can click on a link which exposes the ignored posters post

Because the other people posting the clip were doing it to mock you..

Just don't understand why anyone would think that's trolling when someone posted a trailer someone else had posted two posts up from theirs. Anyway meh he won't read this, but dunno why he's so trigger-happy with the ignore. This whole discussion has been rather pointless.

Now deleted the post, wonder why he did that if he didn't see my response.

Last edited:
I saw this on FB and thought it was amusing...

OlmVjVa.jpg

Last edited:
I mean even just from a production value. That shot of the guy in the speeder on Coruscant in the Mando trailer looks so cheap compared to Andor's similar scenes.
A lot of Andor took place within the same sets and locations and stuff. Wouldn't surprise me if it was cheaper, but because of its structure, it left more room in the budget for effects, etc.

Whereas shows like Mando, each episode has to be more like a mini movie, adventure of the week stuff.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

A lot of Andor took place within the same sets and locations and stuff. Wouldn't surprise me if it was cheaper, but because of its structure, it left more room in the budget for effects, etc.

Whereas shows like Mando, each episode has to be more like a mini movie, adventure of the week stuff.

Mando is the definition of using the same set though - it uses the Volume. Andor was on location which is far more expensive. Just don't buy that excuse.

Look at the prison scenes. One set sustaining three episodes.

Look at the volume. Sustaining an entire season.

The prison episodes also contained scenes elsewhere in multiple locations.

This is a really bad argument.

Look at the volume. Sustaining an entire season.

The prison episodes also contained scenes elsewhere in multiple locations.

This is a really bad argument.
It is

I caught a series on Binge the other day on the original 6 movies

From 1983 to 1999 are referred in the show as to the Dark Years where next to nothing visual emerged

I feel blessed that Lucas sold the rights and we get to see the excellent to average content of the sequels and streaming content because living through those Dark Years was the pits

It is

I caught a series on Binge the other day on the original 6 movies

From 1983 to 1999 are referred in the show as to the Dark Years where next to nothing visual emerged

I feel blessed that Lucas sold the rights and we get to see the excellent to average content of the sequels and streaming content because living through those Dark Years was the pits
Maybe if you didn't like expanded universe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t really consider 83-99 the dark years because it was a time when you didn’t expect endless content. We had the movies, they were great, we didn’t expect any more. The books filled that gap and I loved them.

That said, I’m now glad we do get to see more content. And just like the books, I’m willing to accept there will be some average content because you can’t hit a home run every time. But there will also be some amazing content.

The difference is back then bad content could be ignored and not considered official or canon.

Now it all is and all of it becomes part of this make believe universe that all the other media needs to be consistent with.

The difference is back then bad content could be ignored and not considered official or canon.

Now it all is and all of it becomes part of this make believe universe that all the other media needs to be consistent with.

Not really; all the books had to be consistent, even with the bad books. So you had the same issue. I can easily dismiss bad content and enjoy good content, particularly when there's always new content. It makes things so much more enjoyable not to get too hung up on canon and just enjoy what you enjoy, while moving on from what you don't.

Not really; all the books had to be consistent, even with the bad books. So you had the same issue. I can easily dismiss bad content and enjoy good content, particularly when there's always new content. It makes things so much more enjoyable not to get too hung up on canon and just enjoy what you enjoy, while moving on from what you don't.
You couldn't even dismiss Luke Skywalker turning up in Boba Fett!

You couldn't even dismiss Luke Skywalker turning up in Boba Fett!
You mistake disliking something for being unable to move on. I watched Boba Fett, didn't much care for it, will say so if someone asks, will likely never watch it again. Something like Andor, I may watch again in the future. The canon is what it is.

Last edited:
I don’t really consider 83-99 the dark years because it was a time when you didn’t expect endless content. We had the movies, they were great, we didn’t expect any more. The books filled that gap and I loved them.

That said, I’m now glad we do get to see more content. And just like the books, I’m willing to accept there will be some average content because you can’t hit a home run every time. But there will also be some amazing content.

1983 (15 years old) to 1999 (31 years old) weren’t times for reading Star Wars books

johnny storm GIF

1983 (15 years old) to 1999 (31 years old) weren’t times for reading Star Wars books

johnny storm GIF

I still can't believe how young I was when I started reading SW books, think I read the Thrawn Trilogy when I was 7 or 8 which seems absurdly young, but I was 8 in 2000 and I'm sure I was already well into reading SW books by then.

I still can't believe how young I was when I started reading SW books, think I read the Thrawn Trilogy when I was 7 or 8 which seems absurdly young, but I was 8 in 2000 and I'm sure I was already well into reading SW books by then.
Well that’s a bit different

You weren’t at pubs clubs Grand Finals falling in love getting a licence driving here there doing year 12 university and getting married travelling overseas and interstate amongst everything else

Well that’s a bit different

You weren’t at pubs clubs Grand Finals falling in love getting a licence driving here there doing year 12 university and getting married travelling overseas and interstate amongst everything else

Eh even when I was that age I still read a fair bit. Train to and from school and uni each day was reading time as well as before bed before streaming services took over.

Remove this Banner Ad

Star Wars The Mandalorian

Remove this Banner Ad

Back