Star Wars The Mandalorian

Remove this Banner Ad

Great episode again.

Very shiny.
Love that rifle.
Want to know so much more about mandalorian and the covert.
Never knew how much I wanted to see multiple Mandos in different gear fighting.
"I gotta get me one of those" wasn't as ridiculously cheesy as I thought it would be.

Thought Disney had a no adult content thing going in the app?
Those stormies get taken out in some pretty interesting ways.

Still same issues of being way to short and only 8 episodes for the season.

Sensational stuff. Now that was something.

Got real John Wick vibes the way the the other bounty hunters were alerted and then followed him. Excellent shootout scenes too.

I also got Jem H’Dar “that is the order of things” vibes from the way the Mandos repeatedly said “this is the way”.

Question about little Gizmo, when he’s been traveling along in that little crib, is it the Mando controlling it? I assume so.

I also note that on several occasions, the Mando refers to Gizmo as “it”. ie, an object. Not recognising their individuality as yet. Am fully expecting, perhaps even in the next episode or two, that he will start saying “he” or “she”, or perhaps even refer to by name.

Great episode though, really enjoying this.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The show goes for a bit longer than that and the first two episodes torrented well!
the torrent i found was a fake after all.
have to give it a little while longer before a trusted uploader happens.
going on last week, it should happen around 11pm to midnight tonight.

Really can't fathom how anyone can not be liking this show. It's the best Star Wars content I think I've ever seen. Has the right blend of comedy, action, and heart.

Only thing missing at this point to make it perfect is a really strong cast of characters. At the moment it almost feels like there's only two characters in the show - and no one has a name! When Carano comes in next ep and presumably IG-11 comes back, we'll have a bit more of a stable cast.

As others have said, this episode is everything why we'd all originally been so excited for The Mandalorian, reaching its potential.

What's also great is Baby Yoda's many facial expressions from scene to scene, but also how he's often just in some small corner of the frame of the shot, doing little things.

Anyway...after a fairly slow start, TM is picking up steam.

Has the right blend of comedy, action, and heart

100%.

I think they've understood that all those themes are presented in a subtle and organic way, and that's what SW is at it's core. This has a slightly darker tone (props to the poster who mentioned John Wick) that gives it a distinct flavor.

There's not copious amounts of dialogue but I think now that's suits the style of the show and Mando.

For those of us highly critical of the ST, it's not because we want to see it fail, it's because we know Star Wars has such a deep and rich mythology that's capable of producing some really good stories. They've delivered here.

Funny how a popular opinion was Disney could produce SW in the manner they did with the ST, whilst having Marvel under their umbrella. As soon as they get someone who's been with Marvel, we get the Mandalorian.

Goes to show as long as you have the right people in charge, you can produce quality entertainment, no matter the source material.

I'm not a big Star Wars fan, but i'm loving this series. Always liked the mandalorians, love westerns and for someone who doesn't usually go gaga for 'cute' things, baby yoda is killing my heart.

Question and hopeful theory.... Mandalorians are essentially just orphans who are raised in their way right? It's not like a particular species or anything in this era?

If it's only humans, ignore, but i really want Bubba Yoda to become a short little Mandalorian.

Remove this Banner Ad

Star Wars The Mandalorian

Remove this Banner Ad

Back