Star Wars The Mandalorian

Remove this Banner Ad

I always found the spacecraft odd. Odd shape and its landing and flying manner. Sitting parallel to the ground at take off and landing.

Odd or cool?

Unless I’m mistaken, the words “Slave 1” have never been said in any of the films etc right? It’s just always been known as Slave 1. So whether it’s official or unofficial, or Firespray or not, I guess I’ll always know it as Slave 1.
I honestly cant remember if it was from buying the ship itself or it was on one of the cards you used to get when you bought star wars chewies but it was always Slave 1

The latest episode of ‘The Gallery’ is released now, showing the making of the season 2 finale. Excellent insight into how they even first approached Mark Hamill, and then how his voice was synthesised to sound younger.

Highly recommended.

The latest episode of ‘The Gallery’ is released now, showing the making of the season 2 finale. Excellent insight into how they even first approached Mark Hamill, and then how his voice was synthesised to sound younger.

Highly recommended.

Watching now. Very cool. Still don't get how the CGI on Hamill's face looked better on that dude's Youtube video though.

Watching now. Very cool. Still don't get how the CGI on Hamill's face looked better on that dude's Youtube video though.
I'm no expert but sometimes less is more... Disney with all the power of their tech and effects people might've gone too far, too much attention to detail. Too in to the uncanny valley.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

I'm no expert but sometimes less is more... Disney with all the power of their tech and effects people might've gone too far, too much attention to detail. Too in to the uncanny valley.

I can't imagine when recreating a face with CGI that less could be more haha.

Honestly how good was that finale though?

That feeling after seeing the X-Wing come in and the sheer variety of emotions that followed over the next few minutes is unforgettable.

I think its easily the most moving thing I watched in a very long time.

That feeling after seeing the X-Wing come in and the sheer variety of emotions that followed over the next few minutes is unforgettable.

Yep, watching that special brought back all those emotions and memories again.

When the X Wing came in you say to yourself THATS LUKE...but the tactic majors used these days "misdirection" is now entrenched in our psyche. So you immediately think nah it cant be. Then it is.

giphy.gif

I have a friend, life long SW fan totally torched by the final abomination that when I told him that this was my reaction to the finale of Mando, looked at me disbelieving. I said you have to believe again and start watching this.

Yep, watching that special brought back all those emotions and memories again.
For me I think there can be no doubt the disappointment of the sequels amplified it, it was such a unique scenario and it made lemonade with lemons, to a new memory and emotions.

When the X Wing came in you say to yourself THATS LUKE...but the tactic majors used these days "misdirection" is now entrenched in our psyche. So you immediately think nah it cant be. Then it is.

giphy.gif
I didn't think of Luke straightaway, actually my first thought was maybe it's Poe lol. Then the whole time we see a hooded Jedi I was expecting more misdirection and subversion, but the hope inside me was building in spite of the pessimism. When the hood finally came off it was almost indescribable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

giphy.gif

Your gif though reminded me how you can show an OT character kicking arse and not have it overwhelm the rest of the story, despite all the Luke awesomeness, we remained invested in the Mandalorian and baby Yoda. That shouldn't be forgotten.

Your gif though reminded me how you can show an OT character kicking arse and not have it overwhelm the rest of the story, despite all the Luke awesomeness, we remained invested in the Mandalorian and baby Yoda. That shouldn't be forgotten.
excellent point mate. Luke simply supplemented the scene

Last edited:
Very very keen for this. I often forget how good that episode featuring Boba’s return/redemption (The Tragedy) was given the amazing finale and how emotional the last few minutes of that finale was.

Every now and then though I revisit the Boba Fett episode, where he dismantles stormtroopers with a gaffi stick prior to getting his armour back from the Razor Crest. Sensational stuff.

And holy shit, just as I couldn’t get anymore excited. Robert Rodriguez, the director of the aforementioned episode The Tragedy, is not only an executive produce of The Book of Boba Fett but has also directed several of the new episodes himself. Along with Favreau and Filoni.

Magnificent.

And holy sh*t, just as I couldn’t get anymore excited. Robert Rodriguez, the director of the aforementioned episode The Tragedy, is not only an executive produce of The Book of Boba Fett but has also directed several of the new episodes himself. Along with Favreau and Filoni.

Magnificent.

I thought that was announced to begin with? But yeah should be good.

I thought that was announced to begin with? But yeah should be good.

Yes I must have completely missed it, probably old news for most others! I only just looked it up. It’s continually reassuring who they’ve handed the keys to after the abomination of a sequel trilogy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Star Wars The Mandalorian

Remove this Banner Ad

Back