The Mark Robinson Award for Lazy Stupid AFL Reporting

Remove this Banner Ad

After reading yet another nonsense trade week article I think its about time we have a thread dedicated to calling out AFL journos who are writing stupid nonsense that would never be tolerated in any other journalistic field. This isn't a thread for opinion pieces that you disagree with, but rather stupid or lazy pieces of journalism that are either factually incorrect, rumour mongering based on nothing but fanciful imaginings, or reports of "breaking" news that had previously been reported weeks ago.

My first nomination for the Award is Jake Niall for his recent article on rumours of Matthew Kreuzer leaving Carlton via Free Agency to Collingwood.
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...carltons-matthew-kreuzer-20150912-gjl89l.html

The major issue for Collingwood is the question of how recruiting Kreuzer would impact on their younger rucks, given that they have the promising Brodie Grundy and Jarrod Witts, plus the huge American Mason Cox, whom the Pies believe could eventually play as a forward/ruck.

So he's basically claiming that Collingwood are so stupid that they didn't know which players they have on their own list. Is he for real?

he doesn't say collingwood didn't know they already had 3 rucks, he said their interest has cooled and then goes on to mention the ruck stocks and how they would have to get rid of one (ie. Witts).

Wait what is this about lol
Patrick called Gunston out for being a little bitch cause he's not playing this week - and the media jumped all over it - turns out they are all mates and were all in on it. #bants

Patrick called Gunston out for being a little bitch cause he's not playing this week - and the media jumped all over it - turns out they are all mates and were all in on it. #bants
My favourite part is when Danger called them out the Hun edited the article to say "haha, good one jokes on us." Should have just left it as a reminder of how low that paper has sunk.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After reading yet another nonsense trade week article I think its about time we have a thread dedicated to calling out AFL journos who are writing stupid nonsense that would never be tolerated in any other journalistic field. This isn't a thread for opinion pieces that you disagree with, but rather stupid or lazy pieces of journalism that are either factually incorrect, rumour mongering based on nothing but fanciful imaginings, or reports of "breaking" news that had previously been reported weeks ago.
Hmm, so basically a lifetime achievement award for Slobbo.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Mark Robinson Award for Lazy Stupid AFL Reporting

Remove this Banner Ad

Back