The Melbourne City Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

This has to put the spotlight on JVS doesn't it?
The same coach that got MH 5-0 v Wellington in NZ last season?
They will and should give him this season at least to show what this team CAN do with Koren and Kennedy if they get fit enough. Murdocca's pace would be handy. But our defence is deplorable.

5-1 is a disgusting scoreline against Wellington. Wellington ffs.

Get rid of JVS and let City take over things.
City are already in charge.

5-1 is a disgusting scoreline against Wellington. Wellington ffs.

Get rid of JVS and let City take over things.
We have scored in EVERY match so far this season, the ONLY positive.
We are the most heavily scored against teem in the A-league- is that a coaching issue, or a personnel issue??

We have scored in EVERY match so far this season, the ONLY positive.
We are the most heavily scored against teem in the A-league- is that a coaching issue, or a personnel issue??

Both, just look at Liverpool this season.

As I say every week, we're going nowhere with Redmayne as keeper and a defence of Hoffman, Ramsay and Weirleart.

Jesus can't come into our strike force soon enough, Williams and Dugandzic were disgraceful today, really bottled golden chances to put scoreboard pressure on Welly when we had all the run of play before PHX scored. JVS built a fair majority of the plodders ob our squad, all should be shown the door at season's end

I'm so over this. We had reasonable expectations that things would change this season. I don't think any of us were expecting miracles or a title push, but these performances have been absolutely disgraceful and I reckon we've gone backwards.

How much longer do we have to put up with this before some changes are made? We can't use the same excuses we did while we were Heart.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our defence is a shambles.
We need a new GK, RB, LB and CB.

Few good defenders and a good goalkeeper with this team would be great:
Kisnorbo, Murdocca, Mooy, Koren, Duff, Williams, Kennedy

Depth: Paartalu, Dugandzic, Hoffman, The kids.

We actually have an insanely good run coming up. 3 Home games back to back and then two away games against the other shamble clubs (Newcastle and Central Coast).

Why do we play a 4-3-3 every bloody week? We're weak on the defensive flanks ffs.

Archibald was pretty good though.

surely anybody that watches us week in, week out couldn't possibly suggest we are a better team with murdocca in it.
Great bloke yes, but he is detrimental to the way we play.

And btw, Archibald was horrifically bad yesterday, at fault for both the second and third goals directly. Should never have been played in front of Hoffman who, despite his obvious limitations, is probably our most consistent and reliable defender. Ramsay on the other hand o_O

surely anybody that watches us week in, week out couldn't possibly suggest we are a better team with murdocca in it.
Great bloke yes, but he is detrimental to the way we play.

And btw, Archibald was horrifically bad yesterday, at fault for both the second and third goals directly. Should never have been played in front of Hoffman who, despite his obvious limitations, is probably our most consistent and reliable defender. Ramsay on the other hand o_O

The team plays better with Murdocca in it, we've been real bad since he hasn't played.

The team plays better with Murdocca in it, we've been real bad since he hasn't played.
How?
We beat Brisbane away, dominated against CCM for 80 minutes before blowing it at the death and then put in shabby performances against Sydney and Wellington (which I might add was not because of a lack of shots but shot on target and shoddy defending).
Compared to a 1-1 against a weakened Sydney, an unimpressive 1-1 against Newcastle who suck and a derby flogging.

Look ive got plenty of time for mass as a bloke, but he has no creativity and passes sideways or backwards every single time, only finding a target when its within 10 m, he is part of the problem.

How?
We beat Brisbane away, dominated against CCM for 80 minutes before blowing it at the death and then put in shabby performances against Sydney and Wellington (which I might add was not because of a lack of shots but shot on target and shoddy defending).
Compared to a 1-1 against a weakened Sydney, an unimpressive 1-1 against Newcastle who suck and a derby flogging.

Look ive got plenty of time for mass as a bloke, but he has no creativity and passes sideways or backwards every single time, only finding a target when its within 10 m, he is part of the problem.

More talking about the last two games. Saying that at the moment our best is not but better than our worst.

So many duds that we have to get rid off.

Wielart and Williams need to go and so do Ramsey and Murdocca. Wielart is just dumb and slow in the deffence. I understand he is old and slow but then you need to have another asset that minimizes your deficiencies which for him would be to be smart and be creative with his passing but he cant pass to save his life. Cabbage!

As for Williams, I know he was second on the goal tally last season but he scores a goal for every ten shots he has and that's not good enough. If we had a decent striker we would be competing a lot more and would have had better results. Funnily enough though I love the guy and he is my favorite player because I have met him on several occasions and he is great lad but he is not a good player.

Ramsey, he is just rubbish, nothing else to add.

Murdocca is another one that people either love or hate him and I am on the like but to go train. He is no good, he looks like he is trying and he is trying but that's all he has for him, he is not damaging at all. The word "passenger" is the correct word to describe him. You feel bad to drop him because he tries so hard but he adds absolutely nothing to the team.

The only shining light this season for us is Mooy but he will be gone soon along with Duff and we will be stuck with nothing. We are a team full of old players and just continue to replace players with old players. It's going to be a tough season again but I think we should be fine in avoiding 10 spot again. 8-9 is where we will finish IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Melbourne City Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back