The Melbourne City Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

If you are correct, even better result for us
If Wellington were sharper on goal we could have lost by a few. We were hanging on in the end.

If Wellington were sharper on goal we could have lost by a few. We were hanging on in the end.
How often have we been in the reverse position?
What goes around ...
We kept a clean sheet in NZ. I can live with that this week after the Derby; and we are so depleted. Koren looks in need of a rest, Duff will have one for sure; did Hoffy play today?

How often have we been in the reverse position?
What goes around ...
We kept a clean sheet in NZ. I can live with that this week after the Derby; and we are so depleted. Koren looks in need of a rest, Duff will have one for sure; did Hoffy play today?
I'm happy with the result. Its a tough trip and we didn't lose.

Hoffman was on the bench.

Pity we are out of the six.

How was Baharudin at RB? He has good pace so I thought he'd be okay there. Next week I think we go with:

Velaphi
Baharudin - Chapman - Kisnorbo - Clisby
Paartalu - Melling
Dugandzic - Mooy - Williams
Kennedy​

How was Baharudin at RB? He has good pace so I thought he'd be okay there. Next week I think we go with:

Velaphi
Paartalu - Melling
Dugandzic - Mooy - Williams
Kennedy​
No Koren?

I thought you or somebody said that he looked like he needed a break
I'm going on his age and he hasn't had a break for a while. But he had a delayed start, so I'm no expert on this.

So Duff looks done for the season, maybe done for good. Injury is pretty bad but waiting on second scans.

Why on earth do they keep naming Redmayne, I'm sure he's a nice kid, but he's barely competent between the sticks, and that's being kind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's everyone's thoughts on us picking up Kew Jaliens? I reckon its a smart idea, good CB depth.

Good to see Paartalu back from injury, underrated player IMO.

Predicted line up?

What's everyone's thoughts on us picking up Kew Jaliens? I reckon its a smart idea, good CB depth.

Good to see Paartalu back from injury, underrated player IMO.

Predicted line up?
Hoping for:

Velaphi
Melling - Mooy - Paartalu
Dugandzic - Kennedy - Koren​

Hoping for:

Velaphi
Melling - Mooy - Paartalu
Dugandzic - Kennedy - Koren​

Dugandzic is still injured.

Williams will start. Koren goes missing as a winger. Need him in the midfield. Wouldn't mind playing a 4-4-2 with Kennedy and Willisms up front.

Dugandzic is still injured.

Williams will start. Koren goes missing as a winger. Need him in the midfield. Wouldn't mind playing a 4-4-2 with Kennedy and Willisms up front.
A 4-4-2 doesn't really suit our midfield.

We deserved to win today and should have. Still good signs. It'll click.
Balances last week's result and game.
Today was a dreary heat affected slog. The boys on both teams were clearly stuffed. Wasn't it 12m ago we played Perth in Albury at 45 odd degrees?

Balances last week's result and game.
Today was a dreary heat affected slog. The boys on both teams were clearly stuffed. Wasn't it 12m ago we played Perth in Albury at 45 odd degrees?
Something like that. We were lucky last week and unlucky this. Still I'm liking the signs of the side. Kennedy will start scoring soon.

Good win. Baharudin is definitely our best RB. Williams is playing much better on a wing. If Jesus plays his best football he'd be close to the best striker in the A-League. Maybe behind Berisha and Burns, but that's it. I'm coming around to the 4-3-3, I think we should go with this next game:

Velaphi
Mooy - Paartalu - Retre
Williams - Kennedy - Koren
Although I wouldn't object to seeing Mauk get a few minutes.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Melbourne City Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back