The Melbourne City Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

He was, dunno if he is. Can't see how Sutton could do a worse job than Glover is currently doing.

I accept Glover is better on paper. But we need another goal keeper. He is done. Would be happy to not see him in the team next year.
he is still young and learning- give him 2 years- remember Redmayne

he is still young and learning- give him 2 years- remember Redmayne

Maybe we should build a whole team of players who might be good in 3 years time. That will go well.

He has had one good year. I don't know why you have so much confidence that the last year wasn't a fluke and his actual skill level is that he has shown the rest of his career.

Nice meltdown at the end of the season. Victory in to this.

Seriously need to get our shit together next Monday.

Our formation sucked tonight. Leckie Nabbot Tilio all wide don't work as individuals. They need to get our connection back up front create better chances for each other, than the solo efforts alone

Victory proving they are THE TEAM to beat this season.
Clean sweep?
FFA, yes, ALW yes.
? Premiers Plate
? GF

Good. I'm glad we have to go out and earn the premiership on Monday night. If we can't get up, at home, premiership on the line, against a Trans Tasman with either nothing to play for, or practically nothing (pending the AU v WU match) and with anything less than a win handing the plate to our most bitter rival... if we can't be up for that, given all those circumstances, then we deserve to lose it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think City, WU and Victory have all been "the team to beat" at different points in the year. WU near the start of the season, City in the middle and Victory storming home (minus a few draws to Brisbane).

I think in the end whichever team that wins deserves it, and the other two have had solid seasons.

Hopefully with finally more than 3 days break and being back at home can get us across the line against Wellington. We will have earnt our premiers plate just like Victory would if they win it.

Will be at the match hoping for the best. Still living on last year's wins so won't be too crushed if at all falls apart. I started following this club because I didn't want the constant expectation of winning like the pies have. Just gotta remember that before these last two seasons we were still a bit of a joke of a club. A bit of whiplash now we are a semi successful club.

Good. I'm glad we have to go out and earn the premiership on Monday night. If we can't get up, at home, premiership on the line, against a Trans Tasman with either nothing to play for, or practically nothing (pending the AU v WU match) and with anything less than a win handing the plate to our most bitter rival... if we can't be up for that, given all those circumstances, then we deserve to lose it.
Don't know about deserve, but the circumstances are as big a test as any team has ever had to experience in A-League history. I know we missed players in finals last year, but this year is monumental- our 3 best players this season will not play v Wellington. And will not bring up what we have just been through OS.

Monday night will be MASSIVE!!!!! I've already asked for Tues off.

Word on the street is that there might be more than a few Vuck supporters rock up to cheer on the Nix

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

Geez I am nervous about tonight. At least my boys Forest Green Rovers managed to sneak in a league win and promotion.

No matter the result I have had a great time so far this year. Just gotta keep that mindset and enjoy the experience. Tonight is what sports are all about. If we can win it it will be such a good experience.

Geez I am nervous about tonight. At least my boys Forest Green Rovers managed to sneak in a league win and promotion.

No matter the result I have had a great time so far this year. Just gotta keep that mindset and enjoy the experience. Tonight is what sports are all about. If we can win it it will be such a good experience.

There's of course something to be said for the lowered (or non-existent) risk had we been able to get anything against Perth, or Sydney had got a stalemate against Victory... but bloody hell, it'll be pretty amazing (and wonderful) if we gave Victory top spot for 48 hours in the last round, only to rip it back from them with a comprehensive dismantling of the Nix tonight.

Outside of a final probably the clubs biggest game.

Probably the highest stakes league game easy. It's all on the line tonight!

Really it's about the plate, and getting the lower opponent in the semi finals (one away leg).

All other spots in the 6 are set.

Week One of the finals match ups - these are pretty tight match ups. Could go either way.

3 WU v 6 WEL
4 Ade v CCM

Probably the highest stakes league game easy. It's all on the line tonight!

Really it's about the plate, and getting the lower opponent in the semi finals (one away leg).

All other spots in the 6 are set.

Week One of the finals match ups - these are pretty tight match ups. Could go either way.

3 WU v 6 WEL
4 Ade v CCM

Couldn't be higher stakes for a league game... unless it had been a derby. Biggest game outside of the two grand finals for me and even That's debatable.

It's a really interesting situation and in a way, it may even be preferable playing sixth place than a team that was out of finals contention. If we hit them first, they're stuck in sixth, can't improve their spot, but have to front up again for an away final first week, they wouldn't be going hammer and tongs to comeback from an early deficit. We get two goals up and there's a pretty good chance they fold and switch their focus to the elimination final.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Melbourne City Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back