The Melbourne City Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Bunch of chokers. Rado also got the team selection wrong. Reis was skinned by the Mariners winger. No way should a bloke the wrong side of 30 be asked to keep up with a bloke bombing down the wing like Silvera has done.

The ref has been shite as well, but it comes down to the fact that the Mariners have taken their chances and City hasn't.

And this coverage is ****ing shite. So clearly barracking for Mariners. Harper so clearly hates City and McBreen played for the Mariners so isn't neutral at all.

**** the APL.

I don't expect anyone at the club to be mates with Glover once he's out the door. Mouths off at the rest of the team at every opportunity, often when he stuffed up. Just not a team player.

Heaps of goalkeepers yell at their defenders. He isn't on his Pat Malone there.

Script was written two weeks ago.

It was written when the APL decided to render winning the premiership meaningless by selling the hosting rights to NSW government. No way would they let a non NSW team win a grand final against a club from NSW.

Going to be a different looking team next season. No Bos, probably no Tilio or Glover. Maybe no O'Neil. Jamieson retiring. Wonder how long Reis has to go.

Rado won a title with the women's team when he had a heap of international players on his roster but the following season when they had mostly left was very disappointing. Hope history doesn't repeat.

I've been saying all season that the Premier's Plate is the one that had top priority with the Sydney grand final deal, but geez it puts a dampener on the amazing three year run that not only did we complete the double just once - with, by far the strongest squad in the league, IMHO - but they've been basically embarrassed in the two grand final losses.

Can't say they've underachieved considering what they've filled the cabinet with over those three years compared with the rest of the club's history, but it's bloody disappointing.

Looked like a great atmosphere at the ground, parking the disappointment that it should have been our home game. Probably a fantastic outcome for the league, all things considered.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well a big old trip to Sydney for this ahaha. I knew a loss was on the cards but didn't expect this kind of loss.

Oh well this is why I rate premiers plate more than the championship.

Questions need to be raised about Rado. I don't think he is the man for the job to be honest.

Also the atmosphere pre game and during the game was great. Hurts that it wasn't in Melbourne as we may have stood a better chance. Oh well you just enjoy the moment and move on to next year

Questions need to be raised about Rado. I don't think he is the man for the job to be honest.
I can't explain not bringing Jamo in his final game once we were 4 1 down.

I can't explain not emptying the bench when we went 3 1 down.

He is probably an ok assistant coach. But I don't get the feeling he has what it takes to be a head coach.

I can't explain not bringing Jamo in his final game once we were 4 1 down.

I can't explain not emptying the bench when we went 3 1 down.

He is probably an ok assistant coach. But I don't get the feeling he has what it takes to be a head coach.
I know I was complaining to anyone who would listen about the complete lack of subs. To be fair PK was also pretty bad at this.

But we were completely outcoached today. And Rado had no answer at all. I think we have done well throughout the season on the back of the processes already established under PK.

The commentators suggested that Rado would have left it up to Jamieson to decide whether he wanted to be subbed on or not. Guess when the scoreline was 4-1 after an hour against you, Jamieson probably didn't feel too enthused about playing.

Really, just a bad day at the office, albeit a shocker.
Our season has been huge, and CCM were brilliant in their pressure at us. Champion team smashed a team of champions tonight.

What a shocking capitulation after finishing on top. Àbsolute underchevement to lose 3 out of 4 grand finals. I think the style of football doesnt hold up in big matches. Big names went missing again.

What a shocking capitulation after finishing on top. Àbsolute underchevement to lose 3 out of 4 grand finals. I think the style of football doesnt hold up in big matches. Big names went missing again.
Scoreline is a shocker.
BUT
-Effort was there, we dominated many stats
-25000 home fans for CCM in Sydney is an injustice considering where we finished, and history
-The Talbot penalty was borderline at worst, and when in doubt, go against City
-The twice 2 week breaks for our finals was ridiculous, but CCM also had to deal with it
-A champion team beat a team of champions

I know 1 grand final out of 4 seems really bad BUT....I feel like the only real bad result was this one.

1. PEAK Sydney in Sydney and our first crack at a trophy. Were well and truly underdogs.

2. Won it.

3. Were completely stuffed after a congested end to the season and the Asian champions. Were surprised we even made the GF.

4. Should have been a closer match but lost our way after the penalty went against us. Was still in the game and a chance at the 60th minute. Obviously losing the home advantage is a big old asterix too but can't hold that against central coast.

So yeah not all doom and gloom

I know 1 grand final out of 4 seems really bad BUT....I feel like the only real bad result was this one.

1. PEAK Sydney in Sydney and our first crack at a trophy. Were well and truly underdogs.

2. Won it.

3. Were completely stuffed after a congested end to the season and the Asian champions. Were surprised we even made the GF.

4. Should have been a closer match but lost our way after the penalty went against us. Was still in the game and a chance at the 60th minute. Obviously losing the home advantage is a big old asterix too but can't hold that against central coast.

So yeah not all doom and gloom
Spot-on.
I think the players that are leaving, which seems to be many, have no way to redeem themselves next season with MC; that can be a plus or a minus. Out of sight, out of mind?

Remove this Banner Ad

The Melbourne City Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back