No Oppo Supporters The Melt Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't ya know - ballas is about to POP! Forward line issues solved - LOLZ

He'd have to remain upright for more than 30 seconds if he wants to POP.

Why the f*** he won't wear better footwear is beyond me and why Lyon won't make him is equally astounding

He'd have to remain upright for more than 30 seconds if he wants to POP.

Why the f*** he won't wear better footwear is beyond me and why Lyon won't make him is equally astounding

I think he has foot problems that are exacerbated by the longer studs. There was a time shortly after he was drafted that he was always having issues with his feet. One of the things he used to do to strengthen them was to run bare foot at the beach.

I think he has foot problems that are exacerbated by the longer studs. There was a time shortly after he was drafted that he was always having issues with his feet. One of the things he used to do to strengthen them was to run bare foot at the beach.
Draft year until now still no solution ? surely with technology a special footwear can be make for him if it affect his performance.

That may be true but if he cannot wear the right gear to allow him to play the game, then he shouldn't get picked.

I've always loved the little guy but right now, he's taking the place of somebody else who can contribute a lot more than somebody who just falls over and watches the opposition stroll past. Its the same reason I don't get picked....because I can't do enough to justify my selection.

That may be true but if he cannot wear the right gear to allow him to play the game, then he shouldn't get picked.

I've always loved the little guy but right now, he's taking the place of somebody else who can contribute a lot more than somebody who just falls over and watches the opposition stroll past. Its the same reason I don't get picked....because I can't do enough to justify my selection.
The falling over is annoying but it's being conflated a bit at the moment. He has always fallen over but for a few years Ballas was a really great player despite it. His problem at the moment is not kicking enough goals and not getting the ball enough. That's why he should be dropped. But I assume he's being picked on something other than form. Maybe he's on the way out (and maybe he knows this and it's affecting his form) but perhaps the selection committee is doing everything it can to give him a chance to continue his career elsewhere, in recognition of his service and seniority. He has five weeks to find his form. And as others have said, his instruction to the forwards may be more valuable than his impact on the game at the moment, similar to that other currently-useless leader Luke Hodge.

Draft year until now still no solution ? surely with technology a special footwear can be make for him if it affect his performance.
OW7Q_f-maxage-0.gif

Maybe he's on the way out (and maybe he knows this and it's affecting his form) but perhaps the selection committee is doing everything it can to give him a chance to continue his career elsewhere, in recognition of his service and seniority.

Then they should all be sacked.

Our goal is to develop youth. Not gift games to old players.

Then they should all be sacked.

Our goal is to develop youth. Not gift games to old players.
Don't get too upset, I'm only ruminating. It's not necessarily true. Anyway, you need some experience out there to help develop the youth, they can't figure that shit out on their own, or else we end up in a wasteland for half a decade like the dees did.

Don't get too upset, I'm only ruminating. It's not necessarily true. Anyway, you need some experience out there to help develop the youth, they can't figure that shit out on their own, or else we end up in a wasteland for half a decade like the dees did.

He can be experienced at Peel.

We need to take an axe to whoever got Blakely to run back out there. Actually why don't we just do the entire Freo team a favour and scrap the entire medical staff. I've never seen anything less competent. Sending Blakely back out there. The whole Harley Bennell saga. Fyfe throughout the last 3ish years. It's ****ing ridiculous.

Not only that but every time someone comes back off injury they ALWAYS look like they are still injured. This year alone S.Hill and Langdon have both been affected, both have been rushed back and then had to go back to being rested as they were not ready. Fyfe has had to go at 80% because of a chest injury they couldn't rest him on for a week. And I'm halfway convinced that the med staff is also responsible for Balic coming back, then instantly returning east.

We need to take an axe to whoever got Blakely to run back out there. Actually why don't we just do the entire Freo team a favour and scrap the entire medical staff. I've never seen anything less competent. Sending Blakely back out there. The whole Harley Bennell saga. Fyfe throughout the last 3ish years. It's ******* ridiculous.

Not only that but every time someone comes back off injury they ALWAYS look like they are still injured. This year alone S.Hill and Langdon have both been affected, both have been rushed back and then had to go back to being rested as they were not ready. Fyfe has had to go at 80% because of a chest injury they couldn't rest him on for a week. And I'm halfway convinced that the med staff is also responsible for Balic coming back, then instantly returning east.

It's easy in hindsight, but I agree.

You'd hope there's nothing major through the second dislocation, club were neglect.

You could call it brave by Blakely, but in all seriousness any player that pops it back in and feels 'ok' would want to go back out there. MOST clubs wouldn't put the player back out there ESPECIALLY for a game that has no baring on anything for us as a club.

My first comment to mate a mate wasn't 'man Blakely is a tough bugger' It was 'How can he be allowed to go back out there'.

We need to take an axe to whoever got Blakely to run back out there. Actually why don't we just do the entire Freo team a favour and scrap the entire medical staff. I've never seen anything less competent. Sending Blakely back out there. The whole Harley Bennell saga. Fyfe throughout the last 3ish years. It's ******* ridiculous.

Couldn't agree more. It's a rebuild year, there's no reason not to be as cautious as possible. Every other week we have injury recurrences when people are brought back too early.

Could not agree more on this one !
Shades of Walters ankle in 2014 that the kept him out for most of the year

If Blakely has seriously exacerbated his shoulder injury by going back on medical staff heads should roll

We need to take an axe to whoever got Blakely to run back out there. Actually why don't we just do the entire Freo team a favour and scrap the entire medical staff. I've never seen anything less competent. Sending Blakely back out there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This has been a bugbear of mine for years. We always seem to rush players back from injury way too soon to their detriment.

For the sake of a few extra games a season, you're running players into the ground and ending careers early. Shits me to tears. I'd prefer a player play 220 games over 15 seasons than 200 games in 12 seasons.

I hope Blakely is ok.

It's hard for the trainers to stop those players, because a) the coaches push them so hard to make sure they're good, even at 80%. And b) the players themselves. They push through the pain, irrespective of what happened. So I'm sure Blakely was pushing, saying yeah. I worries, all good. Only fair. They want to get back into ASAP. That's their job, life in the moment.

Blame the man management of that. Should've just been a stern no. Shoulder dislocation is never an easy break per se. Always going to complicate, when they play on. Look at Neale- did his and wasn't right for a few months. Fyfe and Hill too. Now hopefully Blakely isn't restricted in his movement and range of motion.

It's hard for the trainers to stop those players, because a) the coaches push them so hard to make sure they're good, even at 80%. And b) the players themselves. They push through the pain, irrespective of what happened. So I'm sure Blakely was pushing, saying yeah. I worries, all good. Only fair. They want to get back into ASAP. That's their job, life in the moment.

Blame the man management of that. Should've just been a stern no. Shoulder dislocation is never an easy break per se. Always going to complicate, when they play on. Look at Neale- did his and wasn't right for a few months. Fyfe and Hill too. Now hopefully Blakely isn't restricted in his movement and range of motion.
Grey too , no tackle in this match.

No excuse for the doctors. They get paid big bucks to make these calls. The players personal feelings shouldn't affect them

Fyfe still avoids laying tackles because of his dodgy shoulders. Chose to merely shove a bloke in the back today instead of grab him.

I'm not saying he was mismanaged. (Can't remember tbh.) Just pointing out the long term effects of dodgy shoulders.

To mount a case for the other side - how good was Shiels in the 4th quarter? Hurt a shoulder last week, hurt it again early today, but was almost the difference in the end.

It's easy in hindsight, but I agree.

You'd hope there's nothing major through the second dislocation, club were neglect.

You could call it brave by Blakely, but in all seriousness any player that pops it back in and feels 'ok' would want to go back out there. MOST clubs wouldn't put the player back out there ESPECIALLY for a game that has no baring on anything for us as a club.

My first comment to mate a mate wasn't 'man Blakely is a tough bugger' It was 'How can he be allowed to go back out there'.

But it's not really an "easy with hindsight" thing, when there is a pattern of doing this over and over again.

Not just within games, but for longer rehab periods. Langdon (twice), Sandilands and Spurr all missed games, and then re-injured the same injury as soon as they came back. Maybe Ballantyne as well with his hamstring, I can't quite remember if he did the same one twice. Then there's Bennell and Pearce suffering recurrences.

Others have been rushed back too early or mismanaged, including our very best and most valuable players. Been going on for years.

The medical team is incompetent. Has been for years. Anyone who disagrees has their head in the sand and ignoring the evidence. That includes Ross if he truly trusts them.

But it's not really an "easy with hindsight" thing, when there is a pattern of doing this over and over again.

Not just within games, but for longer rehab periods. Langdon (twice), Sandilands and Spurr all missed games, and then re-injured the same injury as soon as they came back. Maybe Ballantyne as well with his hamstring, I can't quite remember if he did the same one twice. Then there's Bennell and Pearce suffering recurrences.

Others have been rushed back too early or mismanaged, including our very best and most valuable players. Been going on for years.

The medical team is incompetent. Has been for years. Anyone who disagrees has their head in the sand and ignoring the evidence. That includes Ross if he truly trusts them.

It's an even more serious problem than just the immediate effect on results suggest.

If you were an AFL player would you want to move to a club that had a big question mark over their medical staff and a history of playing players while injured in search of short term goals? I sure wouldn't.

It's an even more serious problem than just the immediate effect on results suggest.

If you were an AFL player would you want to move to a club that had a big question mark over their medical staff and a history of playing players while injured in search of short term goals? I sure wouldn't.

Yeah I see your point but not entirely sure I would agree with it.

There have been a few studies that showed the majority athletes when faced with a choice would accept an early death if it meant a gold medal. I don't imagine AFL players are so different that they wouldn't risk injury if there was a chance at a flag.

The flag prospect or lack of it would be be a bigger factor. That and money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back