No Oppo Supporters The Melt Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

As much as it is a hurdle in Hogan's life I can't see how we can blame the footy club for recruiting him.

I'm not a fan of Ross anymore but we would be foolish to blame him for the Hogan set back.
I don't think it is Ross' fault either. No doubt he had his input on his recruitment from a playing ability POV, but this is on Belly IMO. Everyone has been blowing smoke up his ass for everything he has done since coming in well now he gets to wear the ****-up here.

Good point. More mistakes to add to the long ang lengthening list.

In that case we go nowhere until what, 2021?

Exactly. Time for the tough decisions to me made.

We'll see pretty quickly over the next year or so to see whether Belly is the messiah or not.

I don't think it is Ross' fault either. No doubt he had his input on his recruitment from a playing ability POV, but this is on Belly IMO. Everyone has been blowing smoke up his ass for everything he has done since coming in well now he gets to wear the ****-up here.

It's not Belly's fault either. You can't predict the future. It's just something he and the club have to deal with.

He's worth every bit of what Bell gave up for him.

I'm not willing to say Hogan is a terrible mistake yet. When you're a shit club you have less chances and mistakes seem bigger.

Bell will earn his cash when he starts making the systemic changes to our off field personnel and culture.

I've never as little f*cks about a season like this one coming up.

It's not Belly's fault either. You can't predict the future. It's just something he and the club have to deal with.

He's worth every bit of what Bell gave up for him.
There was plenty of smoke around Hogan's behaviour prior to the trade on BF alone. I don't believe for a second that the club didn't know there was risk in this space.

Couple that with the foot and someone has ****ed up. Either the recruiters, Belly or both.

There was plenty of smoke around Hogan's behaviour prior to the trade on BF alone. I don't believe for a second that the club didn't know there was risk in this space.

Couple that with the foot and someone has ****ed up. Either the recruiters, Belly or both.

Of course there is a risk. That's obvious. Sitting back and not getting him due to a risk isn t helping the club either.

We finally have a decent forward instead of just a buch of c grade tall forwards running around.

Wasn’t Rosich stand in list manager at the time?

Of course there is a risk. That's obvious. Sitting back and not getting him due to a risk isn t helping the club either.

We finally have a decent forward instead of just a buch of c grade tall forwards running around.
That's the problem though, we don't have him running around because he is off with issues. That's like saying Bennell is better than Crowden. Well of course he is when he plays, which is never.

Wasn’t Rosich stand in list manager at the time?
You are correct. String him up next to Bell then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just get a new game day coach, Have Ross in a mentoring position until the contracts up, I don't see how we
play finals in 2020 without change.
Harsh on Ross given one of his key pieces has just been taken off him indefinitely.*

*Unless of course this was all Ross' idea then he can be hung up with Rosich and Bell.

That's the problem though, we don't have him running around because he is off with issues. That's like saying Bennell is better than Crowden. Well of course he is when he plays, which is never.

You are correct. String him up next to Bell then.

They (Bell, Rosich and Lyon) are all guilty by association but Lloyd was responsible when he was list manager, so whether Rosich held the same sway, I guess we’ll never know. But certainly someone or perhaps a couple of them, had their doubts about either getting him or paying so much for him.

As raffrox says, it’s far from a bust deal (yet) but you’re right, it’s also not looking like a great deal either.

Does sound very similar to what we've heard about Bennell for 3 years but think we need to treat each individual in isolation.

This is getting pretty ridiculous now. This club is in a downward spiral. Not gonna hang on to our supporters for much longer.

Last edited:
WTF happened we were cruising after Xmas , how were we going to fit all these blokes in ? Then Blakely went down the engines started spluttering and WHAMO straight into the side of a mountain

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Was just about to say the same thing, been a very bad few months. Hopefully when all the players come back from injury and other problems we finally get all the pieces in the puzzle in place

We just have to remember in light of recent events that this is just a game no matter how sucky it is for the poor Freo supporters

Think more will come out soon over jesses situation over next week .

Clearly we’re already getting a glimpse why Melbourne were so keen to offload

That said we kinda had an idea(fan base) before we traded just annoyed the season hasn’t even started and things are going pear shaped for him.

But my biggest melt is most definitely reserved for Weber and co tho

There a ****en joke.

Yes it’s hard to truly gauge as spectators if their doing their job properly but as the guy who’s going to cop the most heat for the teams poor performances says -it’s a results based industry and right now our results with soft tissue injuries and more pertinently injury management is dog shit had been for quite some time.
Harley and hill the two prime examples.
With the formers injury issues pretty costing him his career.

The fact this clowns been here since 2009 alone should be cause for concern.
Nothing stands still in the afl and if you think things aren’t working/could do better then you change it not just cross your fingers and hope for the best,simple.

Player availablilty is now just behind drafting and recruiting in importance to list management .

You ll never win the whole thing if you can’t get close to your best team on the park at the right time of the year.

So just like with D+T there’s an element of luck but like anything you do you can still be good average or bad and again ifyou want to be the best you can’t simply throw your arms up in the air and say “it’s just bad luck”

We Simply must get better at it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back