FTA-TV The Mole (Aust) - Season 6 (2013)

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah, I hate stripped reality TV. It's lazy programming and just results in hours of filler per week. The US consistently proves that you can make exciting appointment reality TV with Twitter integration in one hour a week timeslots (Survivor is better than ever in its 26th season).

It's such a small part of the viewing experience, but I don't need to see some 16 year old's opinion on who The Mole is or how "hot Aiden is, hope he totes wins" incessantly dominating the bottom right corner of the screen. The whole point of the second screen is to keep the Twitter experience to the second screen.

It's a shame because the first couple of seasons of The Mole were phenomenal. But they were tightly edited, contained, single hour episodes a week.

Fair points made.

This Alex guy has one of the most punchable heads I've ever seen (guy with glasses and receding hairline). Is also a twat.

And that Ally bird is a moll. I can see why she auditioned.

lol too true! :D

Switched off about 50 minutes in.

Awful. Long, stretched out boring challenges with talking heads commentating the whole way through = not the Mole. I think that was worse than the Tom Williams first ep.

Sebel's the mole, too. But this show will be "rested" by the end of the week, and turn up in a month's time in tightly edited one hour episodes again

My early tip on the mole is Kerrie.

Far too obvious to be true.

I liked bits of it, think it might improve without all the explanations about anything and giving backgrounds on who all the contestants are. Was a lot of filler but thats kind of the norm for first ep of a reality show.

It's a shame because the first couple of seasons of The Mole were phenomenal. But they were tightly edited, contained, single hour episodes a week.

Yeah I loved the show as a kid (~8 years ago? Almost 20 now). I don't watch TV apart from sports anymore, and haven't for a while, but I thought I'd give this a go for that reason. Lasted 20 minutes before I switched off, cringeworthy stuff. Thought it might have been just me being a dumb kid but there you go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm calling Nick (tall, glasses wearing art director) as the Mole. Seems like the sort of bloke who would be smart enough to find ways to stealthily sabotage challenges yet unassuming enough to never really raise suspicion. Just a wild early hunch (he'll probably be the first to go).

Exactly what i said last night, hes my tip at this point also.

Just caught up online, I don't think it was terrible as far as opening episodes are concerned but I hope the pace picks up and we get far less talking heads.

I hope Ally and that fat silly Shaun are both killed. Alex ftw.

Just caught up online, I don't think it was terrible as far as opening episodes are concerned but I hope the pace picks up and we get far less talking heads.

I hope Ally and that fat silly Shaun are both killed. Alex ftw.
I ****ing hate Alex, pompous looking twat who needs a shovel to the head.

Did the early seasons of the mole draw so much attention to potential sabotage acts?? It's almost like the producers don't think viewers can figure out when somebody may be sabotaging even when it's freaking obvious (OMG she's taking the exemption she may be attempting to sabotage!). Get on with it ffs and let people come to their own conclusions as this is what made the show good.

Also I'm not a huge fan of the demographic they've gone with this year. Yea attractive people are nice to look at but they've got to have an interesting personality to go with it (cannot handle the ditzy, pretend I'm stupid, fake girls that are a dime a dozen in reality TV these days).

I will probably keep watching just because I love the concept but there has to be some serious improvement otherwise I wont make the effort.

Must be so easy in the first few eps for the actual Mole. You don't have to do anything to sabotage it because all the players are doing it themselves, trying to convince others that they are the Mole.

Pretty much this. There are clearly a few who are trying to convince everyone else that they are the mole.

On this, thought, love the concept of this show. I would suspect that the mole is someone you wouldn't suspect for the first week or two of episodes.

Must be so easy in the first few eps for the actual Mole. You don't have to do anything to sabotage it because all the players are doing it themselves, trying to convince others that they are the Mole.
that's why i'm convinced it's sebel. did nothing outwardly "moley" but showed absolutely no inclination to stop them using the envelope early either

Far too obvious to be true.

I liked bits of it, think it might improve without all the explanations about anything and giving backgrounds on who all the contestants are. Was a lot of filler but thats kind of the norm for first ep of a reality show.

Does seem a bit obvious, but I will stick with my prediction.

Oh and I didn't realise there had been a thread already created for this. Mods maybe we can merge the two?

I loved the original series with Grant Bowler. First episode obviously no where near the quality but I will keep watching because like crazyman27 I enjoy the concept. I really wish they wouldn't insist on casting unlikeable or boring people though.

But yeah it should only be one episode a week to focus on quality not quantity.

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV The Mole (Aust) - Season 6 (2013)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back