The Most Over-rated song(s) in history.

Remove this Banner Ad

This thread is good reading & reinforces the fact that its hard for any two people to agree when it comes to music.. its such an individual taste thing.

I like many of the songs mentioned & dislike others.. as for most over rated.. i guess for me ANYTHING by barnsey (particularly Khe sahn) or Farnsey (excluding Age if Reason.. for some bizarre reason i like that one). Oh & how could i forget Am i Not pretty Enough (******** i hate that song) & anything by K.Chambers Aaaaaargh!!

Its always a sad moment for me when the cameras go into the Aussie cricket teams change rooms after a win & they sing Khe Sahn.... c'mon guys move with the times.. how about something by Powderfinger, Grinspoon, Buterfingers, Hilltop Hoods or anything BUT Barnsey! even AC/DC would be ok.

Sweet Child Of Mine - Guns N' Roses

Personally like someone said earlier, I don't think songs like Stairway to Heaven, Bohemian Rhapsody and Hotel California are overrated, they're just overplayed. Bands like Zeppelin, Queen and the Eagles and others like AC/DC, the Beatles, the stones, pink floyd etc had many great songs, but we only ever hear a couple of them on radio.

Hawk_2004 said:
You're kidding right? This song changed the world more so than "smells like my socks need changing"

Songs change the world? :confused: It's a pretty song but it's been played to death and unfortunately with such a song, if it's used too much especially in advertising or anything like that, it starts to lose its original meaning.

Add Matchbox 20, Incubus, Creed, and Goo Goo Dolls to that lists.

hell no!!

ok creed and incubus yes.
but matchbox 20??!!! :eek:

and yeah, most overrated songs gotta be anything buy guns n roses or train.

sophie said:
hell no!!

ok creed and incubus yes.
but matchbox 20??!!! :eek:

and yeah, most overrated songs gotta be anything buy guns n roses or train.
Matchbox 20 suck so much ass it's not funny.

Boring, repetitive, cliched, and formulated (alleged) rock that has absolutely no balls. Even all their film clips are the same.

Hawk_2004 said:
You're kidding right? This song changed the world more so than "smells like my socks need changing"

Music History lesson #1

Actually the title is Smells like Teen Spirit. The title was 'created' with thanks to Kurts squeeze at the time.

Kurt had been out an about, or so the story goes, and heads home to his lady friend who suspects he's been cheating.. She sniffs his bodily odour and decides somethings up and proceeds to write on the wall "Smells like teen spirit".

Now as the story goes, Teen Spirit was a deodarant for girlies back in the USSA. Kurt had no idea what she meant by the phrase, totally amblivious to the girls sentance. He just liked the phrase, and apparently had no idea what it meant till someone mentioned it while recording it.. and he almost.. supposedley.. pulled it from the album when he learnt it was a Girls deodarant.

So.. That's how one of the most iconic songs of that decade came to be named.

SaveFeriss said:
Music History lesson #1

Actually the title is Smells like Teen Spirit. The title was 'created' with thanks to Kurts squeeze at the time.

Kurt had been out an about, or so the story goes, and heads home to his lady friend who suspects he's been cheating.. She sniffs his bodily odour and decides somethings up and proceeds to write on the wall "Smells like teen spirit".

Now as the story goes, Teen Spirit was a deodarant for girlies back in the USSA. Kurt had no idea what she meant by the phrase, totally amblivious to the girls sentance. He just liked the phrase, and apparently had no idea what it meant till someone mentioned it while recording it.. and he almost.. supposedley.. pulled it from the album when he learnt it was a Girls deodarant.

So.. That's how one of the most iconic songs of that decade came to be named.

Great :rolleyes:

I Was Made For Loving You by Kiss

They (PS &GS) even admitted to hating that song but $$$ means success.

I'm not fond of Stairway To Heaven....Led Zeppelin have alot more better ones IMHO.

bunsen burner said:

Boring, repetitive, cliched, and formulated (alleged) rock that has absolutely no balls. Even all their film clips are the same.

personally i don't agree and i think you are the ass sucker. but it seems your mind is made up.

fyi though.... i think you'll find the film clips are all quite different.

sophie said:
personally i don't agree and i think you are the ass sucker.
ooooooh.

but it seems your mind is made up.
Why wouldn't it be? There've been around for 6 or 7 years. How much longer do you think it takes for someone to make up their mind whether or not thay think a band sucks ass?

ps Rob Thomas is into scat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bunsen burner said:

bunny boy this is the first time I will agree with you, M20 along with all the other white trash yank music sucks ass

Matchbox 20 are god awful and you can throw Creed in there, Nickelback and all wuss-rock tripe. Incubus have sucked since S.C.I.E.N.C.E which was awesome.

Have to agree with those that said Stairway to Heaven, Hotel California and Under the Bridge are over-played rather than over rated. All amazing songs in their own right.

Try and imagine hearing each for the first time and you'll realise how good they are.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Most Over-rated song(s) in history.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back