Streaming The Netflix Thread

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

I was enjoying 3BP and randomly stopped watching. I wil get back into it.

Anyway, what are peoples top 5 Netflix series of all time?

Mine would probably be Black Mirror, Mindhunter, Making a Murderer, Narcos and Daredevil. Although there are quite a few I haven't seen entirely like Stranger Things, Ozark and The Crown etc.
I love lists.

Black Mirror
Line of Duty
Top Boy
Dark
Queen's Gambit

the hijacking of flight 601

entertaining for the first 3-ish episodes, before going into an uncontrolled descent. devoting a whole episode to the backstory was too much. how does a backstory for hijackers make them anything less or more than a hijacker?
uneven tone - they manage to add humour into a story of plane hijacking, there's a lot of time spent on side stories, which may not even have happened. which brings me to the last point, it's a dramatisation of a real event.

maybe it's just me, but the stretching and altering of actual events rubbed me the wrong way, i have a problem with the series on principle. i get that there will have to be some filling of the gaps, it's not like they can write a script line for line of what transpired. you have to adapt books to fit a film, but that is often a work of fiction not based on an event.
have no doubt i was less tolerant of that stretching as it became tiresome and less entertaining. it watches a lot like they had the event to make a series on, but had to pad it out to 6 eps.

Last edited:
Godzilla minus once quietly snuck onto Netflix without announcement or even being at the top of the page. Which seems like a really odd decision as I would’ve paid to rent it months ago so surely they’ve lost money here.
They did announce it on X yesterday, but I agree it was odd it wasn't highlighted or even listed as a new release. I had to actually search for it to find it. Still, it was a bloody good movie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched Godzilla Minus 1 a couple weeks ago before it came out on Netflix but glad others will be able to experience it. It's great. Probably the best Godzilla movie I've ever seen if I'm honest.

Think that's what it won the Oscar for too. Was going to watch on the resort TV last night but when I saw subtitles and an Oscar win for vfx decided to leave it until we're home for the 85".

Watched Burn After Reading again instead. Forgot how good that movie is.
One of my faves, Burn After Reading. Frances McDormand is easily one of my favourite actors and she's so bloody good in it.

Last edited:
Netflix screwed the pooch on the whole Godzilla release. By only releasing it to Japan first, it made sure that millions just pirated a copy. I really don't know what they gained from withholding it from the rest of the world.
This is exactly what I did like a week ago. Got a surprise when it suddenly appeared on Netflix.

For what?
She is suing Netflix, alleging defamation, intentional infliction of emotional distress, negligence and violations of her right of publicity.

The suit was filed Thursday in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California. Copy of Harvey’s complaint is at this link.

Harvey’s lawsuit alleges Netflix told “brutal lies” about her in the “Baby Reindeer” series.

“The lies that Defendants told about Harvey to over 50 million people worldwide include that Harvey is a twice-convicted stalker who was sentenced to five years in prison, and that Harvey sexually assaulted Gadd,” her complaint says. “Defendants told these lies, and never stopped, because it was a better story than the truth, and better stories made money.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back