Streaming The Netflix Thread

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Has anyone watched the new series of Unsolved Mysteries?

The ep about Amanda Antoni has me absolutely puzzled. Seems pretty clear it’s not an accident but nothing else makes sense.
Used to love the original when I was a kid. Robert Stack still hosting?

I suppose if he was that would mean the first mystery would be his appearance on TV 20 years after his death.

Used to love the original when I was a kid. Robert Stack still hosting?

I suppose if he was that would mean the first mystery would be his appearance on TV 20 years after his death.
Can definitely confirm he is not hosting haha.

Never watched the originals so no idea how well they stack up.

I don't personally care for the UFO/Alien eps but there are plenty that are just fascinating.

Have watched. Which one was that?

We didn't enjoy them as much as the shows where, you know, they get solved.
The wife that was found in the basement with all the blood, cracked in the head but had no DNA/footprints of anyone else in the basement.

Yes! That was probably the best one.

I think me and Mrs B agreed it had to have been an accident but the phone on the floor and the overturned chair...
That's how I'm leaning as well. It's an awful lot of blood though.

Also, the dog not going into the basement at all? There's just a few things that seem off about it all.

The sister really seems the only logical suspect but not sure she'd be bright enough to have done this that well.

That's how I'm leaning as well. It's an awful lot of blood though.

Also, the dog not going into the basement at all? There's just a few things that seem off about it all.

The sister really seems the only logical suspect but not sure she'd be bright enough to have done this that well.
The kicker for me was the lack of unknown DNA anywhere and yet didn't they say her pants were half off or something? Really weird.

The kicker for me was the lack of unknown DNA anywhere and yet didn't they say her pants were half off or something? Really weird.
Yeah they did, I almost forgot about that. Super strange case. Be surprised if they ever find anything from it now.

Yeah they did, I almost forgot about that. Super strange case. Be surprised if they ever find anything from it now.
I mean I suppose it's possible in a state of shock and head trauma she could have pulled her own pants down for whatever reason. I also just remembered there were also marks in the blood that looked as if the body had been dragged. Very weird.

Area 51 Aliens GIF by Sky HISTORY UK

I suggest you watch, say, the first hour of the first movie, and if you're not digging it, then you can stop without losing much time. That was our attitude, and we didn't watch them from start to finish but watched a bit at a time.
I have done this, maybe the first 1 and a half hours so far. It is better. I wish now I had not watched the initial release as I am still remembering the shit parts. Some of the fleshing out of characters is much better so far. I guess I will see how it goes still. Is certainly more 'adult' content in it.

The wife that was found in the basement with all the blood, cracked in the head but had no DNA/footprints of anyone else in the basement.

Yes! That was probably the best one.

I think me and Mrs B agreed it had to have been an accident but the phone on the floor and the overturned chair...

Yeah it's wild isn't it?

• No other DNA
  • Drag marks
  • Pants around the ankles
  • No signs of a struggle
  • No forced entry
  • No sexual assault
  • Pets not even going down there
  • Undisturbed washing basket on the landing

Bizarre the animals didn't go down there at all either given their connections to owners in general.

The dog could have knocked the chair over, but the whole thing is so strange.

How did she lose that much blood? It's like she was slashed open. I know the head bleeds a lot, but surely that's not all from a head wound?

Yeah it's wild isn't it?

• No other DNA
  • Drag marks
  • Pants around the ankles
  • No signs of a struggle
  • No forced entry
  • No sexual assault
  • Pets not even going down there
  • Undisturbed washing basket on the landing

Bizarre the animals didn't go down there at all either given their connections to owners in general.

The dog could have knocked the chair over, but the whole thing is so strange.

How did she lose that much blood? It's like she was slashed open. I know the head bleeds a lot, but surely that's not all from a head wound?
Yeah absolutely bizarre.

I'm leaning more towards accident - it just seems impossible someone was there without leaving a single bit of DNA.

Still doesn't explain several things, as you say. The dog is the strangest one for me. Not only did it not go down there, it was suggested it couldn't get out until the husband got home to let it out. But there was no talk of dog pee/poop anywhere in the house.

I've never known a dog that wouldn't have gone down there at some point across a 2 day period if they'd heard their owner in trouble. Particularly with it looking for food etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Owning Manhattan?

Jade is awesome. Chloe and the young tattooed bloke. Not so much 🤦🏼‍♂️
I love all those type shows (not so much the Selling franchise), but I am familiar with Ryan from Million Dollar Listing LA way back when it first started.

Yeah Chloe is certainly a bit of a snake.

Jonathan is a real prick.

How many eps you watched?

I love all those type shows (not so much the Selling franchise), but I am familiar with Ryan from Million Dollar Listing LA way back when it first started.

Yeah Chloe is certainly a bit of a snake.

Jonathan is a real prick.

How many eps you watched?
Just saw the episode where Jonathon recorded the podcast - can imagine shit will hit the fan.

Chloe is absurd. Her friend tells her that her husband cheated on her and she immediately made it about herself haha

The new series about Wyatt Earp and the OK Coral was interesting; I learned stuff I didn't know about, but the way the doco series is presented wears on you after a while. Ed Harri's narration just gets on your nerves after a few episodes. It feels like they made it for school kids.

The new series about Wyatt Earp and the OK Coral was interesting; I learned stuff I didn't know about, but the way the doco series is presented wears on you after a while. Ed Harri's narration just gets on your nerves after a few episodes. It feels like they made it for school kids.
Watched the trailer last night. Did wonder if it was going to be interesting or intensely annoying..

Watched the trailer last night. Did wonder if it was going to be interesting or intensely annoying..
I wouldn't say it was intensely annoying, but it got mildly annoying. But I didn't know the whole story of The Gunfight at the OK Coral, and what happened after it, so it was informative and worth watching.

I did watch the first ep of KAOS yesterday, and it was a bit all over the shop. Need to watch some more to get into it I suspect.

Last edited:
the lie: the murder of grace millane

fairly unremarkable crime doc thingo. we complain that people lose their shit and focus heavily on young white females missing at the expense of other types of individuals, well netflix certainly attempts to make the most of that phenomenon by hitting this on the dartboard and adding it to the pile.

violence against women, while a worthy thing to talk about is shoehorned into the viewing experience in an attempt to elevate it above being another mundane, routine doc. it was a fairly open and shut case, aside from a few courtroom quirks, lawyers being lawyers. i feel somewhat cold watching something that flirts with exploitation. maybe a series with an overall comment on that violence theme could make a much more poignant and weighty statement instead of plucking cases at random. honestly why the **** is this on netflix, for my entertainment?
show clearly had a dilemma in providing a perp backstory to amplify that message while also avoiding focusing on him. unfortunately the message is better portrayed while spending more time on what pieces of shit they are.

Kaos is fun. Mindless charming nonsense, but it's a decent weekend filler, esp if you a fan of the legendary Jeff Goldblum who absolutely nails it as Zeus.

Definitely not a show to watch with the kids but still a lot of laughs to be had (well if you like lowbrow humour anyway)

Kaos is fun. Mindless charming nonsense, but it's a decent weekend filler, esp if you a fan of the legendary Jeff Goldblum who absolutely nails it as Zeus.

Definitely not a show to watch with the kids but still a lot of laughs to be had (well if you like lowbrow humour anyway)
Watched 3 episodes tonight with a Greek Studies mate and they were letting me know all the ins and outs of the Gods and their relationships

As you say mindless fun with a cheeky irreverence to the subject - while staying as accurate as they can

Remove this Banner Ad

Streaming The Netflix Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back