Streaming The Netflix Thread

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought Koas had some good moments. The way they crafted ancient Greek gods and their stories into a modern context was clever and, at times, amusing. Making Hades black and white was clever. However, having watched all eight episodes now, I can't help but feel (Despite its cleverness. tricks, and interesting cameos) that it just lacked any real substance. 5/10 Average.

Last edited:

cannot understand why people actually pay money for this. Nowhere near enough good content to justify the price. Don't even offer a free trial anymore.

cannot understand why people actually pay money for this. Nowhere near enough good content to justify the price. Don't even offer a free trial anymore.

There's plenty of quality on there. For some people $20 a month is chump change. It's literally a large takeaway meal these days.

I just renewed my subscription.

TV series on Netflix that all range from good-great as a start;

Mindhunter
Stranger Things
Arcane
Supacell
Ozark
Beef
Blue Eyed Samurai
Top Boy
The Sandman
Suits
Narcos
Squid Game

These are just the ones I've seen. There's SO much content. And this is just TV series.

Yet, somehow, it's used every day in my household. Someone is always watching a show on it. I can't say that for any other of the streaming services we pay for. Maybe Disney+. I just got rid of Paramount+ for very that reason—no one was using it.

only has to be the minimum of quality content, enough to tolerate the monthly charge.
would give it up if my wife didn't watch it. once you're paying, you're locked in to trying to find something worthwhile. often you can if you look hard enough, or expand your horizons.
i feel a lot lately that tv is a waste of my time, regardless of being charged for it. how much am i attempting to watch just to try and justify paying for it?

Untold: Sign Stealer

Documentary about a dude who steals signs and plays from other college football teams and relays the information to the Michigan coach. Smart but also extremely sketchy.

Usually love these. This one was just okay. College footy is ****ing insane over in USA. It's really a different world. Couldn't imagine our country going nuts over VFL footy.

Untold: Sign Stealer

Documentary about a dude who steals signs and plays from other college football teams and relays the information to the Michigan coach. Smart but also extremely sketchy.

Usually love these. This one was just okay. College footy is ****ing insane over in USA. It's really a different world. Couldn't imagine our country going nuts over VFL footy.
The whole concept of sign stealing was bizarre to me. Fancy a sport having a rule that you're not allowed to scout a team at other games to work out how to beat them. You can only watch videos. Deciphering another team's hand gestures (signs) seemed like a proper competitive action to me. I saw this as just an example of how weird Americans are sometimes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The whole concept of sign stealing was bizarre to me. Fancy a sport having a rule that you're not allowed to scout a team at other games to work out how to beat them. You can only watch videos. Deciphering another team's hand gestures (signs) seemed like a proper competitive action to me. I saw this as just an example of how weird Americans are sometimes.

Yeah absolutely stupid. You can't video the other coaches, but you can use the 'official' footage. I hear the NCAA is ran by absolute ****wits and this is no different.

To me the guy did nothing wrong. Just had an insane appetite to win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Streaming The Netflix Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back