The New Era starts now

Remove this Banner Ad

If we do fail to make an impact this season, it will be interesting to see who sticks around.

I see a tough 2008 coming up but good signs for hte future, most definately.

But hey, we can dream about success in 2008 right?

Our best 22 this year will be significantly better than the sides we put out on the park in the finals last year. I feel that if we can keep our best players injury free, we will have a good shot at it. However, if we go through the injury run we had last year, our weakened depth will see us under a lot of pressure.

I think the thing about this year is that I will enjoy home games much more (and wins at home), rather than leaving a home win merely satisfied that we did what we should have done. Now a 35 point win against the Kangaroos or whoever, will mean more because we won't be super hot favourites every time (if that makes sense).

Our best 22 this year will be significantly better than the sides we put out on the park in the finals last year. I feel that if we can keep our best players injury free, we will have a good shot at it. However, if we go through the injury run we had last year, our weakened depth will see us under a lot of pressure.

I think the thing about this year is that I will enjoy home games much more (and wins at home), rather than leaving a home win merely satisfied that we did what we should have done. Now a 35 point win against the Kangaroos or whoever, will mean more because we won't be super hot favourites every time (if that makes sense).

Total sense, next year we will be the hunter instead of the hunted

I'm not sure we can win it in 2008.

We're not going to reload immediately.

But we still have the foundations in place to have another crack in the next 3 years.

Im glad your put not sure cause you never know what can happen in a game of footy, we could very much win next year most likely to the suprise of many. Do a Bombers of '93.

We could also flop badly, which I hope as hell doesnt happen, then again you never know.

Judd is gone. Cousins is gone.

The Golden Era that promised so much is over. But now a new era begins.

We still have a core of tough, experienced, talented players, and a crop of young guns to develop. We'll pick up some outstanding local talent in this draft, where we're better positioned than ever before.

2007 has knocked the absolute stuffing out of the Eagles, but this club will pull itself up off the mat and keep going. We're too tough not to.

Our premiership window obviously isn't what it was two months ago, but it's not totally closed. We'll drop back to about 9.00 on the premiership clock and rebuild for another crack.

John Worsfold is about to earn his money.

Testing times for West Coast, but this is the moment where everybody associated with the Eagles, supporters included, have to pull themselves together and show their mettle.

It's the way people deal with the tough times that defines them. Anyone can ride a wave of success. It's when the milk goes sour that people show what they're made of. That time is now.

This club will not curl up and die. Its supporters should not allow themselves to despair, no matter how grim the situation might appear.
West Coast still have a solid list and drafted well. IMO the best recruiters in the AFL are at the Eagles. Cousins and Judd leaving will be a massive loss which the Eagles may well struggle with for a few seasons. Still have a good list that can make the 8. Will need players to fill in the breach. I know many people have big wraps on Priddis, but I dont see it that way. IMO he went missing when the fab 4 were running out there together for the few games where it was actually possible. Players like Rosa are good prospects that will develop into midfield regulars. Backline is good but forward line needs improving. New generation starting at West Coast, that should see more finals action but not the dominance that the Eagles fans have come to expect.

I know many people have big wraps on Priddis, but I dont see it that way. IMO he went missing when the fab 4 were running out there together for the few games where it was actually possible.

:confused:

That's not really a criticism. The important thing is that he stands up when Judd et al aren't there, which he did, and did very well (unlike some of his more experienced team mates).

That's going to be vital from 2008 onwards :(

I do believe that we will play finals next year and if we do we will be a very dangerous side. If all our players are on the park there is no reason why we couldnt be a serious threat. Since our side is very very young a lot of improvement will come. Hopefully unearth another Priddis or Lecras next year that will have an impact in our team and players like Hurn, Staker, Graham fulfill their potential and take the next step. It will be those sorts of players where our team will improve.

Our game plan will definately change. We have lost 2 of the best game breakers and our run and carry style will need to be tweaked as a result. We lack genuine pace but this can be conteracted if we play direct down the corridor football, something we hardly did. We always went down the wings and flanks and we played our best footy when we actually went through the corridor.

Although a new era has begun, we still have 17/22 Premiership players. Add Hurn, Nicoski, Priddis, Staker and Lecras to that team and we're set for a good crack. Bring it on!

Also, lookout for Ashley Arrowsmith in a couple years time. He will be yet another rookie list gun.

West Coast still have a solid list and drafted well. IMO the best recruiters in the AFL are at the Eagles. Cousins and Judd leaving will be a massive loss which the Eagles may well struggle with for a few seasons. Still have a good list that can make the 8. Will need players to fill in the breach. I know many people have big wraps on Priddis, but I dont see it that way. IMO he went missing when the fab 4 were running out there together for the few games where it was actually possible. Players like Rosa are good prospects that will develop into midfield regulars. Backline is good but forward line needs improving. New generation starting at West Coast, that should see more finals action but not the dominance that the Eagles fans have come to expect.
There were only four games last year when Kerr, Judd, Cousins and Cox played together (I presume that would be your fab four?).

Priddis had seven possessions in round 16, 18 and a goal in R17, 17 possies in R18 and 26 and two goals in R19. He lead the team in tackles in most of those games. Keeping in mind he would have had much less game time than what he would have when any of Kerr, Judd and Cousins wasn't playing.

If that is going missing for a second year player behind four better players, well, I am happy for him to go missing.

Remove this Banner Ad

The New Era starts now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back