The Next Big Thing - Jake Stringer

Remove this Banner Ad

bigboysdontcry

All Australian
Apr 19, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I don't normally like talking up young players...As much as I love Bontempelli, I think Jake will be our most talented player in the future. His untapped potential is scary. Bookmark this, without any setbacks or injuries, He will kick 50plus goals this season and really make a name in the league. He reminds me of Gary Ablett srn. What do others think of him? some of his highlights in his short career.

1269421.jpg

Probably could have saved this for the Bulldogs board, just going to attract bored trolls. And it's a bit of over the top dick measuring etc etc. Very happy with Jake and am going to love watching him over the next decade however, is a very watchable player when up and running.

I'd put Ollie Wines up as the 'next big thing' and he's 6 months younger than Stringer.

#biased

Interesting little anecdote: I had a week-long work conference with Ollie's sister (he showed up one night, kid has cannons for legs) in town. She compared Ollie and Jake and didn't speak too highly of Stringer as a person. Seems while Ollie was always the gun junior but also great person Stringer was the same on the field but a much more arrogant version off it. Both had the same drive to succeed, although Ollie didn't quite have the setbacks.

He already is a big thing....I don't think many have watched a lot of him. He kicked 20 goals in the last 9 games...This thread will be bumped up during the season.

He actually kicked 22 in his last 9.

Personally I think he'll kick 40 in his sleep this year, pushing through the middle at times too. His potential is enormous. His ceiling is as high, if not higher, than anyone under the age of 25.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He could kick 40 or 50, but I doubt he'll be a superstar forward. I'd caution the dogs in to building a forward line even with him as the 2nd big forward. Thankfully now they have Boyd he wont be the main man, that would've ended in disaster.

He has smarts and strength, but not height or athleticism.

A little bigger, clever but not as freakish but a bit like Stevie J I think. The number of goals he kicks in the video above running in to an open (or close to) goal shows he's got really good smarts.

So for him to really be the level of freak player than the OP is suggesting then I think he'll have to be a regular midfielder. There are only a handful of players and not even every year that are truly top of top who are medium sized forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Next Big Thing - Jake Stringer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back