The next AFL dynasty

Remove this Banner Ad

We'll worry about landing that first flag in almost thirty years for now, but we now go into games expecting to win.

It's been a long time since we've had that sort of confidence!

We have a serious chance of the flag this year, if we don't have to travel interstate in the finals imo.

There was no BigFooty, Facebook, or Twitter/X around when we last won a flag, so when we do hopefully break the drought all non Carlton fans lives are going to be a living hell!:D
We'll probably just ignore all you losers

Collingwood are in pole position. Already have 1 on the board, in a good spot to push for a second.

Age profile is worrying in the middle but it's not like they don't have players coming through. A couple strong trades and they'll look a new team
Are you saying Logan McDonald is on the way?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They're in place to finish top 4 and do well in big games. It would be silly to write them off

I'm not writing them off but history shows they have to work very hard and have a lot go their way to win one. Last year they won by less than a goal, after winning a lot of games by less than a goal. They are not blessed with luck like some other clubs have been.

I'm not writing them off but history shows they have to work very hard and have a lot go their way to win one. Last year they won by less than a goal, after winning a lot of games by less than a goal. They are not blessed with luck like some other clubs have been.
The harder you train the luckier you get.

Easy to say a lot has to go their way, they get in the position for those things to happen.

24 wins from 30 games decided by 12 points or less is nearly getting lucky

Just because you want something to happen, doesn’t mean it will.

Sadly, life and sport don’t work that way.
I could exactly the same thing back to you. I have no special dislike of Carlton or anything, it's just that what seems inevitable in the league often doesn't come to pass. A lot of people thought St Kilda would win multiple premierships in the late 00s.

Carlton look most likely. Dont think anyone is declining in next 4-5 years. And heaps of good kids. Have the A+ grade talent like TDK, Walsh, Charlie, Harry, Weitering that will be there for a while. Like E Hollands a lot as well.
Hawks.. building but maybe 2026 onwards. Perhaps biased but history suggest we do this a bit.
Brisbane..with 2 x Ashcroft and Coleman in next years team gives it a massive boost.
North.. Great kids
Sydney.. incredible mids.
That’s about it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back