Play Nice The NM Devil's Chessboard Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

I've said 'yes' to that many, many times.

Do you think IDF soldiers in Gaza looking down their advanced gunsights can differentiate between toddlers and Hamas fighters

Last edited:
That’s not an answer.

Because it's a dumb question that supposes every single member of the IDF is guilty of a crime.

Israel has mandatory military service for all citizens (with a few exclusions).

It's perfectly rational to find this notion that all members of the IDF are guilty of committing atrocities is ridiculous.

Find the ones who are actually guilty, and charge them. I'll enthusiastically support that.

But a blanket approach is stupid at best, and bigoted anti-semitism at worst.

I thought collective punishment was bad?
Because it's a dumb question that supposes every single member of the IDF is guilty of a crime.

It's perfectly rational to find this notion that all members of the IDF are guilty of committing atrocities is ridiculous.

Find the ones who are actually guilty, and charge them. I'll enthusiastically support that.

Ah yes, the "not all men" or "good German" argument.

You stated that you think Israel is guilty of genocide, yet you think it’s a stupid question to ask if IDF soldiers carrying out the genocide should be held responsible?

Do you also humanise Nazi soldiers because they were conscripted into Hitlers army?

Ah yes, the "not all men" or "good German" argument.
This is the logical conclusion, it’s staring him in the face.
the death toll for this is going to be astronomical, there was population of two million people living in a land 41km by 20km.
70% of all buildings have been raised. There’s no where for these people to go.
I wouldn’t be surprised to see a death toll closer to 500,000 to a 1,000,000 or higher when alls said and done.

We’re going to see arrests all over the place for decades to come, if South Africa’s case is successful.

Last edited:

If an Australian citizen has been in Gaza fighting for the IDF then they need to be investigated for war crimes and if there is evidence of war crimes they need to be charged and tried. Not just if they've been in the IDF but if they've been in the IDF and served in areas where war crimes occurred, which is probably all of Gaza, or at least 90% of it.

I doubt they will be tho. There are already war criminals in Australia who have got away with it.

Israelis have the choice of going to prison rather than serving which some choose to do. Remember Tal Mitnick, the kid last year who bravely refused his mandatory military service? They gave him 30 days in prison. And I'm sorry but if I have a choice between being a functionary of a genocidal regime or spending 30 days in prison, I know what I'd choose and I would hope you and everyone else in this thread would make the same choice.

How do you distinguish between members of the IDF who do and don't carry out atrocities? If you're the cook feeding the soldiers so they're full of energy to go enforce the boundaries of the illegal settlements, or you're the armorer who gives out the sniper rifles that IDF soldiers use to kneecap peaceful protestors for fun, or you're just a secretary who keeps the apartheid checkpoint system running at peak efficiency, can you really be said to be innocent of atrocities? They're all willing participants in that system, they all bear responsibility for the things that it does. The ones who don't directly pull the trigger are there to support the ones that do.

As far as I'm concerned serving in the IDF is a crime. We wouldn't go easy on a guy who defected to ISIS and tried to return to a normal suburban australian life because he was only the sword sharpener, not the actual beheader.

Genocide is perpetuated by a populace devoid of independent journalism. It's not hard to work out. You control the narrative, you control the perception. Journalists and indeed all opposing viewpoints have been irradicated in Israel and to a large extent silenced both here and abroad. Why has this occurred? Compliance. Control the narrative, control the "truth".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Genocide is perpetuated by a populace devoid of independent journalism. It's not hard to work out. You control the narrative, you control the perception. Journalists and indeed all opposing viewpoints have been irradicated in Israel and to a large extent silenced both here and abroad. Why has this occurred? Compliance. Control the narrative, control the "truth".
That's not entirely true, a lot of good reporting comes from haaretz. They print basic truths about what Israel is doing that don't seem to ever make it to the international mainstream press.

Israel literally targeted and killed journalists families reporting the genocide. They even went as far as Bombing a refugee camp to kill a journalist’s family, a place where the Israelis ordered his family to go so they would be safe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice The NM Devil's Chessboard Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back