Play Nice The NM Devil's Chessboard Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

But he is so close to winning the internet!

Look I'm all for shitposting and a good feud but this is just stupid now.

I wanna talk about glide bombs and whether politically northern England has gone hard right like northern France.

Last edited:

Ffs even Russia has a national wealth fund, we get really fooked in Aus.

So Russia is spending savings to pay for the war and winning rather than putting humiliating losses on the credit card like the Americans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s fine. Just buy a membership to atone.

I'm sure one of you guys can screenshot for me when he posts the evidence that he has bought the membership as honour demands.

Lol but nah, people would’ve voted for someone else, Rishi basically himself and the party unelectable.

I don’t think reform party is the biggest shock of that election, Corbyn winning as an independent is going to send bigger shockwaves.

Even Keir said in his maiden speech, tough on immigration was going to be one of his cornerstones. Doubt there’s really going to be that much change in policy.

Last edited:
Lol but nah, people would’ve voted for someone else, Rishi basically himself and the party unelectable.

I don’t think reform party is the biggest shock of that election, Corbyn winning as an independent is going to send bigger shockwaves.

Even Keir said in his maiden speech, tough on immigration was going to be one of his cornerstones. Doubt there’s really going to be that much change in policy.

He has canned the mad Rwanda plan at least

It'll be the Tories on the numbers, Reform will implode within months, their only hope was a complete Tory collapse that allowed them to consume the remains of the party.

I'd be worried if I were Starmer, 130 seats is a very plausible base to fight back from and UK politics is so volatile and the terms so long it is a very winnable position in 2029 for the Tories with FPTP.

The great SNP surge and hold cycle is over, they still have power in Holyrood but that'll change next election. I'm mates with some of their hardheads and they are hugely happy with what they've achieved - they made Scottish Nationalism mainstream and proved a referendum could be held without the world ending.

The aim will be to absorb a 20 year opposition cycle then win the referendum they hold next time.
Yeah Reform only would've got a foothold if the polls saying the Tories would win about 50 seats, were on target.
120-130 seats is on the upper end of their expectations, so wasn't as disastrous for them as it was looking.

Would need to be a lot go wrong for Labour, not to get a 2nd term with that majority. But with FTPT the seat swings can be far more savage, than with preferential voting.

The SNP proportionally got a belting worse than the Tories did. But not really a shock as they've imploded since Sturgeon quit.
Will definitely lose Hollyrood as well at the next election.

I agree that Scottish nationalism is inevitable, and will come with the concept of it being normalised to the younger generations.
My staunchly Labour-voting Dundee born and raised Grandmother, wasn't particularly invested or interested in the referendum when it happened. Figure she was probably similar to a lot of the older generation, in being ambivalent about it.
My old man died in 2004, so would've been interested to know what he thought about it all. He migrated here at 14, but was still very much a proud Scot.
Took on the middle name of Wallace, when he was ordained as a Presbyterian/Uniting Church minister.

Northern England has been turning culturally hard right for decades, once Thatcherism broke the institutions of solidarity most notably the unions and jobs thst held communities together.

Blair kept them onside by drowning the revolution in baby milk and beginning the first big tightening up immigration ... "Australian style points system"

The UK wasn't prepared for the enormous influx of Poles and other Eastern Europeans post the 2004 accessions.

It really amped up the immigration stuff, especially when it became plain the Poles would both do the jobs Brits wouldn't (packing chicken for Tesco etc) and also do the jobs Brits wanted (building, plumbing etc) cheaper and better.

It was at this time the old Army buffers were railing against pushing NATO right up to Russia's borders ...

View attachment 2039768

Sorry ferball I was wrong about my age 👍🏽

Yeah that's what I saw.

Its alright.

I'm sick of arguing with you.

I know we will never agree on Ukraine but we support the same footy team and we probably agree on much more than we disagree so I'm willing to call a truce and leave our differences behind.

Peace and lets home we smash the Suns this arvo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back