Play Nice The NM Devil's Chessboard Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Because the infrastructure didn't degrade in the two years that Buttigieg had been in the job when that incident occurred.

Shit like that had been neglected for decades. And if we're 'blaming' any one specific politician/administration, then most of the blame should go to Trump who overturned freight rail safety regulations put in place by Obama, after Trump received big donations from Norfolk Southern.

You can read more about that here:

It wasn't just infrastructure. It was the response to the incident and the extreme lack of heat the rail industry got afterward. People are still getting sick there today and residents are still unsure what will happen.

They all pretend to be good people. Dubya allowed the execution of nearly 150 people in the five years he was Texas Governor. Only one of those people had anything vaguely resembling proper representation at their sentencing. You could find other shit on him and anyone else who runs for or has ever run for US president.

The anti Trump vote will outweigh the pro Turmp vote I reckon. All she has to do is not **** up for the next three and a half months.

Yeah maybe, my point is that they already had the anti trump vote and I don’t think Harris will win enough over because she’s so unpopular.

Something that everyone agreed on until now because of Trump derangement syndrome.
Biden wants Kamala, not sure the rest of America wants her, ultimately a lot of them will be pissed because they see the country going down the toilet and they feel like their decision to do something has also been taken away.

For the democrats a lot relies on the next four weeks. They’ll either eat themselves alive or come out with a coherent plan to win after the convention. Not sure a divided party is a winning strategy this time around.

Biden wants Kamala, not sure the rest of America does, ultimately a lot of them will be pissed because they see the country going down the toilet and they feel like their decision to do something has also been taken away.

For the democrats a lot relies on the next four weeks. They’ll either eat themselves alive or come out with a coherent plan to win after the convention. Not sure a divided party is a winning strategy this time around.

Which is exactly why Trump was elected the first time. They don’t learn.

Biden wants Kamala, not sure the rest of America wants her, ultimately a lot of them will be pissed because they see the country going down the toilet and they feel like their decision to do something has also been taken away.

They've just spent the last week nailing all this down imo

They've just spent the last week nailing all this down imo

I'm yet to see literally any dissent from any Democratic officials.

If nothing else, certainly seems that the party has quickly and decisively unified around Kamala.

Anyone that withholds evidence that would exonerate an innocent man and take him off death row is a terrible person.

It’s pretty simple.

By the time you get to be running for President of the US, you have blood on your hands, its in the job description.

It wasn't just infrastructure. It was the response to the incident and the extreme lack of heat the rail industry got afterward. People are still getting sick there today and residents are still unsure what will happen.
It was never the accident that was the problem, the lack of response was always the issue, he never went there. He left them high and dry.

Shapiro probably.

Whitmer as the dark-horse.

Anyone else would be a surprise.

This would help calm the farm with the Democrat establishment and neuter attacks that a vote for Kamala is a vote for The Squad etc.

It was never the accident that was the problem, the lack of response was always the issue, he never went there. He left them high and dry.

???

He absolutely did go there.

1721609539301.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This would help calm the farm with the Democrat establishment and neuter attacks that a vote for Kamala is a vote for The Squad etc.

I'd prefer it if she was more like the Squad.

Assuming Newsom is the front-runner candidate in 2028/2032 (pending what happens with Kamala this year), it'll be interesting to see if he does pick an AOC or Tlaib type to be his running-mate.

I like Newsom, for the most part. As far as rich straight white male candidates go, he's decent enough.

Wasn’t that photo op taken like a month later?

Not quite. Two or three weeks (closer to three, I believe). Which was normal practice for Transport Secretaries to not interfere in first-response recovery efforts and NTSB investigations.

But certainly not true to say he 'never' went like you inferred.

Took Buttigeig three weeks and Biden over a year to visit.

Rail incidents increased in the aftermath of that accident as well. He's tried to bring in legislation and failed despite the East Palestine accident and the leverage it gave him. He let the rail lobby get away with preventing action to make the railway safer instead. He doesn't seem like he's up to it.

Look I don't give a **** one way or the other but, like 90% of politicans, he hasn't done enough in response to a disaster in the face of big business interests. I don't follow US politics enough to have an opinion on anyone else and only have this opinion cos I followed the response to the accident/disaster.

Not quite. Two or three weeks (closer to three, I believe). Which was normal practice for Transport Secretaries to not interfere in first-response recovery efforts and NTSB investigations.

But certainly not true to say he 'never' went like you inferred.
??
Three weeks after the event is about as much sympathy and ****s given as “what do you what from me, I can’t pick up a hose mate”..

Three weeks after the event is never going. I believe it was one of the largest transport accidents ever and you had a missing senator.

It’s funny, Josh Sharpiro rise in popularity was of the back of East Palestine, the polar opposite can be said of cia Pete.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice The NM Devil's Chessboard Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back