Play Nice The NM Devil's Chessboard Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

That's not how the 25th amendment works. The Republicans don't get to 'invoke' it.
Requirements for Invocation

To invoke Section 4 of the 25th Amendment, the following conditions must be met:

1. The Vice President, in conjunction with either:
    • A majority of the Executive Cabinet (currently 15 Cabinet members)
    • A body designated by Congress (which has not been established yet)
  2. Must jointly agree that the President is unable to discharge their powers and duties.

Who holds the power in congress?
They’ll start proceeding because it forces Kamala to be part of the process.

So Kamala has stepped into Genocide Joe's shoes. The Democrats must believe that she will lose by less. Good sacrificial lamb. Now the coup has been executed hopefully the bullshit saving democracy talking point will end.

LOL jesus, trhere was no "coup".

He hasn't stood down as President, he's just not running again.

LBJ did the same.

To invoke Section 4 of the 25th Amendment, the following conditions must be met:

2. Must jointly agree that the President is unable to discharge their powers and duties.

You were the leading proponent of the stolen election theories on BF so I might take your commentary on these matters with a grain of salt.

Pretty wild that he’s too senile to run again but is ok enough to still be president.

That's not what is happening and not what he has said. It's a conservative attack without a basis in reality.

Yes, the Vice President has to start it.

Somehow I don't think Kamala is about to do that.

You were the leading proponent of the stolen election theories on BF so I might take your commentary on these matters with a grain of salt.
"If Joe Biden is not fit to run for president, he is not fit to serve as president," said House Speaker Mike Johnson, the most powerful Republican in congress.

Pretty wild that he’s too senile to run again but is ok enough to still be president.

What a shit show.
Is he OK to be president for the next six months? He's clearly on the decline but I'd argue that his decision to withdraw is evidence that he's still capable of making good decisions.

Will he be capable in 4.5 years? No.

I don't think it's wild to hold those two opinions at the same time, tbh.

If the equivalent of the Cuban Missile Crisis happens sometime between now and Christmas then we'll be having a different discussion. But absent that, grandstanding no-name Republican senators can tweet to their heart's content but they're wasting their energy.

Is he OK to be president for the next six months? He's clearly on the decline but I'd argue that his decision to withdraw is evidence that he's still capable of making good decisions.

If the equivalent of the Cuban Missile Crisis happens sometime between now and Christmas then we'll be having a different discussion. But absent that, grandstanding no-name Republican senators can tweet to their heart's content but they're wasting their energy.
Lol Mike Johnson is a no name Republican.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"If Joe Biden is not fit to run for president, he is not fit to serve as president," said House Speaker Mike Johnson, the most powerful Republican in congress.

This is how you know the move from Biden and the Democrats has the Republicans shook and running scared.

They've absolutely botched their messaging since the move, coming out with all sorts of contradicting complaints... that have the same outcome;
  1. Joe Biden is not fit to be President if he's not running again! We must invoke the 25th now! (which would result in Kamala being POTUS now)
  2. Joe Biden and the democrats lied! They deceived us and had this planned all along! (which results in Kamala being POTUS)
  3. Joe Biden has been deposed in a coup by the Democrats! He must be on the ballot in November! (which would result in Kamala being POTUS after Joe would invoke the 25th on day 1)

Markwayne Mullin
Nancy Mace
Steve Daines

Legit never heard of any of them until today. Will probably forget them all by tomorrow.

Mike Johnson is the leader of the Republicans in the House. He's important (although he's a total Trump puppet/sycophant with no real independent power).

The other names you listed you're free to ignore forever. They're irrelevant. 👍

Mike Johnson is the leader of the Republicans in the House. He's important (although he's a total Trump puppet/sycophant with no real independent power).

The other names you listed you're free to ignore forever. They're irrelevant. 👍
Yeah, I never called Johnson a no-name.

Old mate's post mentioning Johnson was seconds before mine, I wasn't replaying to it.

This is how you know the move from Biden and the Democrats has the Republicans shook and running scared.

They've absolutely botched their messaging since the move, coming out with all sorts of contradicting complaints... that have the same outcome;
  1. Joe Biden is not fit to be President if he's not running again! We must invoke the 25th now! (which would result in Kamala being POTUS now)
  2. Joe Biden and the democrats lied! They deceived us and had this planned all along! (which results in Kamala being POTUS)
  3. Joe Biden has been deposed in a coup by the Democrats! He must be on the ballot in November! (which would result in Kamala being POTUS after Joe would invoke the 25th on day 1)
The whole point is drag the opposition into a circus that revolves around who knew when Biden couldn’t tie his shoes.
Kamala is the sideshow that gets drawn in by proxy.

Last edited:

He was pretty cooked in 2019. They’ve been gaslighting everyone for years. I don’t believe he’s been making decisions for a while.

Turn it up. Do you really believe that?

Yes.

I believe Joe Biden is currently fine. I don't believe he's unfit for office as it stands today.

Biden withdrawing is about the next 4 and a half years. It's not about how he is right now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice The NM Devil's Chessboard Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back