Play Nice The NM Devil's Chessboard Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

That Sheez is not fighting his way through tunnels in Khan Younis is quite something. What a soldier he'd be - and how much in one generation has the attitude to IDF servive changed.

Back than pretty much all Jewish kids in Melbourne like him did their service.
I knew kids who went over there. One who obviously worked for the spooks cos he didn't say a word about anything when he was back. Very smart kid tho. He was a theoretical mathematician and very good at it.

Yep, agree with this analysis. His ground game had improved significantly since 2016 but even with all the anti democratic measures in place the Democrats should win comfortably if they can get their vote out.

The Denocrats have a coalition of voters Trump doesn't.

In 2016 Trump and the Republicans ran a very effective (and mainstream-media assisted) campaign against Hillary focused on her security breaches and her supposed corruption. "But her emails! Lock her up!". That probably did juuuust enough to keep some centrist Democrats home on election day.

None of that will work against Kamala, and I am fascinated to see how the Trump campaign decides to approach this campaign. They're at a massive disadvantage in terms of campaign funding, negative perceptions about each party's candidate, and the core issues that will likely decide the election (especially abortion).

Going to be really interesting to watch.

I knew kids who went over there. One who obviously worked for the spooks cos he didn't say a word about anything when he was back. Very smart kid tho. He was a theoretical mathematician and very good at it.

Yeah I knew a few, including Ben Zygier, the famous Prisoner X. I remember talking to him before our last VCE exam (we weren't mates but had enough peope in common and were in a few classes together) and the general tone of the discussion being what are you going to do straight after this.

I was all I'm gunna get soooooooo high man, gunna spend all summer RAVING man I'm so cool bro and he was like I'm getting on a plane and going to Israel, I'm gunna become a paratrooper lol.

In 2016 Trump and the Republicans ran a very effective (and mainstream-media assisted) campaign against Hillary focused on her security breaches and her supposed corruption. "But her emails! Lock her up!". That probably did juuuust enough to keep some centrist Democrats home on election day.

Its hard to overstate how disliked Hillary is and for so long and how she managed to piss off so many disparate groups of people along the way.

I cut my teeth on the internet trolling right wing Yanks on joints like FreeRepublic in the late 90s, and the memes then (early versions but the right did push lots of internet culture) were the same in 2016 lol.

Trump got a huge billion dollar free kick in terms of MSM coverage, and the times suited him - Brexit the same year - but by God was he pushing on an open door with her, just such a generationally bad candidate.

None of that will work against Kamala, and I am fascinated to see how the Trump campaign decides to approach this campaign.

Yep. Trump needs known quantities right, so he can run his nickname/slogan based campaigns, and by definition known quantities have been around a long time so are rooted in the same 90s and before world as Trump himself.

They're flailing because she's not a known quantity from the 90s like Hilary and Biden. She's the embodiment of modern America as a successful multiracial female.

Trump's like Scott Morrison - he's a railway politician in the that he needs to get on some tracks and head in one direction.

Harris can't be defined by him - well, she can, but even he knows he can't say what he thinks and what his base wants about her - so he's struggling.

His base are already doing the "only got there through bee jays" thing which will turn women off even more.

Big call, massive call, I'll take credit for it if it comes true call Caro, but I won't be surprised if Trump chucks in the towel and runs away rather than lose to her.

He has no loyalty to the GOP or anyone else, people say he's running to keep out of jail (true) but if it looks obvious he's headed for a kicking, I won't be at all surprised if he cuts and runs, blaming the Deep State and unfair media blah blah.

They're at a massive disadvantage in terms of campaign funding, negative perceptions about each party's candidate, and the core issues that will likely decide the election (especially abortion).

Yep, really feels like something seismic is happening in terms of how women are approaching this election. Ironically, not unlike 2016 when a seismic change in how white and rural voters behaved delivered Trump.

Best show in town.

Big call, massive call, I'll take credit for it if it comes true call Caro, but I won't be surprised if Trump chucks in the towel and runs away rather than lose to her.

He has no loyalty to the GOP or anyone else, people say he's running to keep out of jail (true) but if it looks obvious he's headed for a kicking, I won't be at all surprised if he cuts and runs, blaming the Deep State and unfair media blah blah.

Jeeze mate, I hope he does. It would be so ****en funny.

I meet people down here who reckon Trump's gonna save them. No one up North thought like that. the ones that liked him thought he was piss funny but didn't have any illusions about him. More that he was no different to anyone else in politics but just didn't care about being a corrupt campaigner.

Serious cult of personality around him down here, at least with a couple of people.

Actually those things are resulting in less of that violence because it gets recorded. When I was young it was standard practice for coppers to bash people. That's why they had nicknames like "wallopers" and "bullymen". People would often end up in hospital after a run in with the cops, especially if they'd been drinking.

You'd like to think that person no longer has a job but they've only been stood down at the moment. So they may get their job back despite the extreme violence we all saw. How is it that "a few bad eggs" get those jobs these days? You can't work with kids, including volunteer work, without a heap of police checks, welfare checks and associated safety training these days and as a result the safety of children has increased significantly. Bad eggs shouldn't make it thru screening.

They used to handcuff us throw us in the back and drive over roundabouts, take corners at speed, slam on the breaks etc for about 1/2 hour so we’d be bouncing around in the back like a ping pong ball and then drop us off somewhere K’s away from where they picked us up from.

Tbh though, I preferred that to them knocking on the front door, because I didn’t care about them and it would’ve been north compared to the hiding id get at home.

They used to handcuff us throw us in the back and drive over roundabouts, take corners at speed, slam on the breaks etc for about 1/2 hour so we’d be bouncing around in the back like a ping pong ball and then drop us off somewhere K’s away from where they picked us up from.

Tbh though, I preferred that to them knocking on the front door, because I didn’t care about them and it would’ve been north compared to the hiding id get at home.
Yeah - the seats and everything else is metal. campaigners.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting to note that the past few weeks there has not been any noticeable bump in the polls for Trump following;
  • The shooting
  • The debate
  • The change of candidates for the Democrats
  • The Republican National Convention
  • The announcement of Vance as VP
Definitely seems to suggest that Trump is a known quantity, and there's no true 'swing' voters in elections involving him. People have made up their minds, by and large.

The polls might not have changed since the debate, but the Democrats pulled the president off the back of it.

None of that will work against Kamala, and I am fascinated to see how the Trump campaign decides to approach this campaign. They're at a massive disadvantage in terms of campaign funding, negative perceptions about each party's candidate, and the core issues that will likely decide the election (especially abortion).

I spose it depends on what media people were watching, Fox or CNN. Hillary definitely got a good run from the msm on platforms like the CNN.

Also, it’s pretty shit that funding is a deciding factor, because that funding comes with a quid pro quo.

Hillary definitely got a good run from the msm on platforms like the CNN.

lol nah. CNN extensively covered and promoted her emails, the Comey stuff, all of Trump's lies about her.

• Former President Barack Obama and Michelle Obama endorsed Vice President Kamala Harris for president.
  • The announcement came in the form of a video of a brief phone call between the Obamas and Harris, which was released by the Harris campaign.
  • The video eschewed the traditional format of political endorsements, but it was in keeping with the Harris campaign’s emerging political character.

There were no seats in my experience
They had these metal benches about a foot high and wide along each side.

You could wedge yourself between them at the drivers end using your back and legs if you were quick. Well so I've heard anyway.

They had these metal benches about a foot high and wide along each side.

You could wedge yourself between them at the drivers end using your back and legs if you were quick. Well so I've heard anyway.

I honey don’t remember seats. Just felt like being in a washing machine.

The worst thing I (second hand) experienced was when they made one of my mates do a strip search in an alley in Watsonia, he had nothing on him but his dad is a old school crook so they targeted him. Think he was 14 or 15 at the time, they just wanted to embarrass him to bait his dad. Didn’t work.

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice The NM Devil's Chessboard Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back