Oppo Camp The Non-North Football Discussion & AFL Matchday Chat Thread: Edition IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know I would have the same reaction as most are having it was an accident he went for the chest got the chin I wouldn’t have any hard feelings or calling him a thug. Will get what he deserves and that’s about 6 weeks if it was Toby Greene that did it he would get 10 weeks probs banned all together

Imagine if it was LT.

The result of Gaffs hit. Can't eat solids for a month.
00220536caf21b8fe2be830d9e636bcd

Last edited:
Gaff’s gaffe will be footy legend forever. Not the way he would want to be remembered. Looking at the replay a few times I think he intended to whack him in the chest but Brayshaw stumbled forward and he clipped his chin. I just wonder now if it will affect his trade fortunes. Gaff will pay a massive price for this folly I suspect. I just hope that Brayshaw recovers fully. His injuries are serious for such a young player.
Pardon the intrusion, just a couple of points.

If Gaff misdirected his punch, surely he would have hung around and acknowledged his mistake? Instead he ran off, never looked back and resumed play like nothing had happened.

Secondly, your immediate past President is Andy Brayshaw's uncle. Do you believe that wouldn't play in North's thoughts of recruiting Gaff?

Anyway, cheers and best of luck for the rest of the season.

If Gaff misdirected his punch, surely he would have hung around and acknowledged his mistake? Instead he ran off, never looked back and resumed play like nothing had happened.

Secondly, your immediate past President is Andy Brayshaw's uncle. Do you believe that wouldn't play in North's thoughts of recruiting Gaff?

Will be interesting to hear JB's thoughts this arvo on his radio show.

Thanks for dropping by. It somehow went over my head how connected we are to the poor fella even if none of them play for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK.

So my question is why aren't charges bought against Tomas Bugg?

Why weren't charges bought against Hall?

No idea, for some reason there is still a bit of protection for the perpetrator if it happens on a sporting field.

Hall not facing criminal charges was ridiculous, and probably Bugg too. Society wants to remove acts like this from the streets, but not on a sporting field? Why is it different?

Imagine how Gaff felt having to look Brayshaw's brother Hamish in the eye today. Hamish would feel like head butting him in retaliation I imagine.

Imagine how Gaff felt having to look Brayshaw's brother Hamish in the eye today. Hamish would feel like head butting him in retaliation I imagine.
Listening to JB and he said his brother Mark is feeling for Gaff and his parents as well.

On a different topic.

Was listening to Peter Donegan's interview with Adam Cooney on Sunday, was pretty bloody good.

I'd heard his stories before about how unfit he was when he was drafted, Cooney isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, he went right into the details of why he and Griffen left the Dogs and an insight into Brendan McCartney, was fascinating, you don't usually hear a player rip as hard into a coach still involved in the AFL and a player only just recently retired.

Some of the stuff he said was damning, surprised it hasn't gotten any media traction.

https://omny.fm/shows/this-is-your-sporting-life/adam-cooneys-sporting-life

On a different topic.

Was listening to Peter Donegan's interview with Adam Cooney on Sunday, was pretty bloody good.

I'd heard his stories before about how unfit he was when he was drafted, Cooney isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, he went right into the details of why he and Griffen left the Dogs and an insight into Brendan McCartney, was fascinating, you don't usually hear a player rip as hard into a coach still involved in the AFL and a player only just recently retired.

Some of the stuff he said was damning, surprised it hasn't gotten any media traction.

https://omny.fm/shows/this-is-your-sporting-life/adam-cooneys-sporting-life
I've only heard him in a couple of game calls, but i have been impressed with cooney on the radio. Seems fresh and honest.

Spare a thought for Stringer and Hooker.
Especially the latter who manages another season without a finals win.
Cosmic justice
Don't forget sympathy for floggard...

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

CEO coming out to talk about? The club apologising? To the family AND Fremantle?

What the **** is going on. Spooked about the law getting involved after Lyon's presser yesterday? I noted that he chose the term 'king hit' which was the exact same term used for when Mathews got charged, honestly thought his statement was a stitch up regardless of how true it was; sounded preprepared in expectation of the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back