Oppo Camp The Non-North Football Discussion & AFL Matchday Chat Thread: Edition IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Collingwood paid for not taking advantage of the long stretches when they were well on top in that game. Midfield battle turned the other way, Grundy didn’t have a big influence, Cox did very little, left the defence with too much to do.
They really blew that first half dominance, then were over possessing in the second stanza. Geelong good enough to hang in and then started to get on top in the midfield and be more direct.

Dunno what the stats are, but that's how it looked to me.

Not much in it, but from an old school neutral, I enjoyed it.

Geelong getting it done again in a close game.

Ablett will be a handful as a forward.

Kelly is a Rolls.
But why so much excitement about Ratugolea? Apart from a dodgy free, I didn't see him get a possession, yet JB and bloody wats'is name were screaming about how he nearly took a speccy all match long!

Say what you like about Carey as a human being but as a football commentator I find myself agreeing with 99.9% of everything he says.

He's definitely got the highest footy IQ of any sports commentator today and that's me trying not to be biased at all considering, but its true. Everything Duck calls in the middle of the game is accurate, his philosophies on playing is sound, and all of his predictions whether its pre-game or during the game before something happens come true.

And he's got the resume to prove it.

The only one who even comes close is Bartel or Richo but to me its a bit of a power gap.

He's definitely got the highest footy IQ of any sports commentator today and that's me trying not to be biased at all considering, but its true.

He has a practical, non DT/SC bullshit, non Disneyfied, understanding of the game

Say what you like about Carey as a human being but as a football commentator I find myself agreeing with 99.9% of everything he says.
thats right Sam Mitchell wouldnt get a game anywhere else. :)

Considering Carey has done some pretty outrages things in his past and is not really a likeable person, he must know something to get a gig on TV after all that.

Personally i think he's footy knowledge onfield is very good. His off field predictions and high level analyses of the game leaves a lot to be desired however.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

im not watching the game. is corey wagner actually good now? theres one that would surprise me. well done to him if he makes it at melbourne.

He had one good disposal inside 50. I think he was a decent kid, nothing special though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back