Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
St Kilda remind me of us under Brad Scott.

Capable of playing some good footy, but never legitimately a chance of winning the premiership.

They look to be in that no man’s land we were in under Scott. Good but not good enough.

They also rushed to re-sign their coach before he'd actually won anything, and when no one else was after him.

Hmmmm…and we didn’t see any value in trading a round 4 draft pick for Peter Wright but happy enough to give a round 2 (because we wantEd to be nice) for CCJ.
Need a review into our recruiting….oh wait…there’s not many left there.

St Kilda remind me of us under Brad Scott.

Capable of playing some good footy, but never legitimately a chance of winning the premiership.

They look to be in that no man’s land we were in under Scott. Good but not good enough.
Yep refer to main board I created a thread on this a year ago calling it out

Stkilda in no mans land

2 inside 50's for West Coast for no score in the 1st quarter and 24 for Carlton. They're lucky to only 34 points down.
I’m watching the Hawks v Crows and the Crows have dominated the 3rd and can’t put in on the scoreboard.

You need to take your opportunities when they come, a bit like us yesterday. I thought we could have put that game to bed if we took most of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At Etihad, Jeepers are the crows bad.

20-19 clearances in their favour but you’d feel the game has been played 90% on hawthorns terms.

Glad I watched us play yesterday looked like there was some genuine system.

Can’t see any from the crows today and tbh hawthorns is more chaotic than structured
Hawks is an organised chaos/play-on at all costs style, which is fairly taxing.

Adelaide spreads the ground then go down the wings. I've barely seen them use the corridor.

Hawks is an organised chaos/play-on at all costs style, which is fairly taxing.

Adelaide spreads the ground then go down the wings. I've barely seen them use the corridor.
100%.

I’ve actively watched them ignore corridor options to take the boundary side on a lot of occasions.

Maybe it’s a strategy to limit the hurt of any potential turnovers?

100%.

I’ve actively watched them ignore corridor options to take the boundary side on a lot of occasions.

Like what collingwood did yesterday. Which was a hallmark of the malthouse era at the pies. One that brad scott tried to copy early days too.

Could be making a comeback.

Freo really showing that sometimes blokes can look like they lack the talent for AFL until you put them in a new environment.

Acres
Aish
Clark
Brodie
Colyer

Have all become good players under Longmuir.
Reminds me of collingwood in 2018.

Aish, greenwood, mayne, varcoe, crisp, hoskin-elliot, roughhead

Their backline had goldsack, varcoe, aish, langdon, howe and maynard. Nothing spectacular but well drilled and hard to score against.

Last edited:
100%.

Albeit they tried to control the footy but without patience.

Little to no movement up the ground, and it was like the bomb down the line was a given so why present.

At least we actively had individuals trying to switch and change the angles yday

Charlie Curnow just dropping an f bomb. What tmb said....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back