FTA-TV The Office (US) (2)

Remove this Banner Ad

The Office (AUST) is now a thing, with a female lead.

Will the cry be "SEXISM !!" when ratings tank and the few who watch it pan it?

This idea is about as sensible as the US Kath & Kim.

I’ll be giving this a wide berth. Will be awful.

The show will be the first scripted project from BBC Studios ANZ, whose general manager Kylie Washington said: “We figured the world is ready for a lovable, flawed, lady boss, ruling over her packaging empire.”

Do you reckon it was after seeing Liz Lemon, Leslie Knope or Selina Meyer* that they figured that we're finally ready?

*Selina was a lot more flawed than lovable but still...

The show will be the first scripted project from BBC Studios ANZ, whose general manager Kylie Washington said: “We figured the world is ready for a lovable, flawed, lady boss, ruling over her packaging empire.”

Do you reckon it was after seeing Liz Lemon, Leslie Knope or Selina Meyer* that they figured that we're finally ready?

How has Kylie Washington got a good job putting TV shows together?! Everyone knows this will reek.

Part of the humour of the office is the stupidity and accidental misogyny of the male boss. If they write a female boss as a buffoon people will moan. No win in this. Will be a truly awful show anyway, we cant do comedies.

Utopia is good though

Utopia is good though

I was going to mention that, we already have a decent Office comedy. Working Dog crew are some of the few that get decent Aussie humour.

That's the worrying thing hearing the comment about 'loveable'. Brent was never really loveable, more sympathetic because of his desperation to be liked.

Michael was the similar in the early days, and naturally became loveable once the US version started becoming it's own thing and drifting away from the UK version.

I hope that don't try and aim for super bright slapstick humour from the start.

Sad and interesting story about Rainn Wilson.

Interestingly I always felt the character grew in confidence as the series progressed. I wonder now if that was Rainn being comfortable after the initial few years.

Interestingly I always felt the character grew in confidence as the series progressed. I wonder now if that was Rainn being comfortable after the initial few years.

His podcast Metaphysical Milkshake is awesome. Very interesting guy.

Once the US version got away from copying the UK episodes it really bloomed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV The Office (US) (2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back