Toast The Official Bailey Banfield Appreciation Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Has been thrown around a lot this year, and played out of position.

Happy to sign him for 2 +1 years, but I also hope he plays less game next year.
He owns no position, he's a utility. That's his mission to perform whatever he's placed. He can kick goals and perform on the forward flank, he's demonstrated that.

Brain explosions and outlandish execution fails are poison wherever you play, there's a critical level of those that he's exceeded for weeks now. It's not sustainable, especially with the high level of contests we've taken on and continue to take on.

Peel game was today...

Aren't you having your own showdown in the Sturt thread , loser leaves town? Lol 😂🤣

My post was a joke. I know he's being held over for tomorrow's game

Peg wants a bet with me but I'm happy to be proven wrong as I rate Sturt highly. Just going off info that is factual of him wanting the highest pay possible and Freo have to offer up or he's off to Victoria.

So how are you related to banners?

Peg wants a bet with me but I'm happy to be proven wrong as I rate Sturt highly. Just going off info that is factual of him wanting the highest pay possible and Freo have to offer up or he's off to Victoria.

Outside of being a Freo supporter, I'm not 🙄 😉

This was what confused me about the whole bet thing. There was "if he leaves vs if he stays" as the condition...but I don't think you ever affirmatively stated he's leaving, just that his head's being turned, specifically re contract terms.

Like if he re-signs early next week, I think it'd be fair to say your posts were sus because that'd be a quick resolution (wouldn't conclusively mean you're wrong, but it'd be quite the turnaround). But if after back and forth he re-signs in like 3 weeks time...I don't think that disproves anything you said?

This was what confused me about the whole bet thing. There was "if he leaves vs if he stays" as the condition...but I don't think you ever affirmatively stated he's leaving, just that his head's being turned, specifically re contract terms.

Like if he re-signs early next week, I think it'd be fair to say your posts were sus because that'd be a quick resolution (wouldn't conclusively mean you're wrong, but it'd be quite the turnaround). But if after back and forth he re-signs in like 3 weeks time...I don't think that disproves anything you said?

I'll be as clear as possible

I haven't made a bet. Nor do I care to. That was Feeder trying to get me to take a bet for whatever reason.

I have stated that a guy I know who is ex media as I know a couple of people who work in radio media tell me that if Freo don't offer him the highest contract he will go to the Vic team and there has been a number of interested clubs. Since then I have met up with an ITK poster at the wafl and he said a very similar thing with an even better source but I won't say who he is because I don't want to speak for himself.

If you think that I'm making this up that's fine but I'm not. Msybe freo shouldn't leak info. And for the record I want Sturt playing for freo as I think he's turning out great

Last edited:
I'll be as clear as possible

I haven't made a bet. Nor do I care to. That was Feeder trying to get me to take a bet for whatever reason.

I have stated that a guy I know who is ex media as I know a couple of people who work in radio media tell me that if Freo don't offer him the highest contract he will go to the Vic tea.m who will and there has been a number of interested clubs. Since then I have met up with an ITK poster at the wafl and he said a very similar thing with an even better source but I won't say who he is because I don't want to speak for himself.

If you think that I'm making this up that's fine but I'm not. Msybe freo shouldn't leak info. And for the record I want Sturt playing for freo as I think he's turning out great
Long shot, but do you know if it’s length or $$ the vic clubs are offering him that makes it more attractive?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Same but what is overs to keep him

Brayshaw needs a new deal too and he will want his pay day
Guess it depends on who the highest Vic bidder is thus far. Most fellow contenders shouldn't be in a better spot than us in what they offer Sturt, so if he leaves for money either we've cooked ourselves by not offering enough or they've potentially cooked themselves by offering too much.

If it's a tank bowl/mid team which is barely above the cap floor though...they can offer something that to us would be irresponsible but to them would be "gotta spend the money on someone".

OK so the back end of his season wasn't to his lofty standards (shut up), but my boy's up for the Jim Stynes award for the second year running!

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast The Official Bailey Banfield Appreciation Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back