Toast The Official Bailey Banfield Appreciation Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

TIL that Bailey is the club's Sustainability Officer. Man gets two pay checks, mad respect!

TIL that Bailey is the club's Sustainability Officer. Man gets two pay checks, mad respect!
Gee.

This is how I find out you don't pay attention to anything I say?

Been banging on about this for 12 months. He'll be on minimum chips and get a payrise elsewhere.

Gee.

This is how I find out you don't pay attention to anything I say?

Been banging on about this for 12 months. He'll be on minimum chips and get a payrise elsewhere.
1725424501610.png

Bailey is saving the FreoFC from extinction?
Sounds eerily like a Bob Murphy role. We like the sound of it. It feels good. But no-one will ever know what he actually does.

Bailey is saving the FreoFC from extinction?
Sounds eerily like a Bob Murphy role. We like the sound of it. It feels good. But no-one will ever know what he actually does.
To do with minimising the carbon footprint of the club.

Hard gig with how much the club is made to travel.

Would likely be involved with renewables, natural lighting/heating for the redevelopment. Water saving practices and recycling.

Be a key stakeholder in sponsor discussions like Woodside in what they're doing to ensure there's a future.

I wouldn't trust anything you say, based on itk stuff crap you said about Sturt leaving.. anyway banners will build his tank and play wing or coming off half back..

Whatever that has to do in the Banfield thread

He has been poor all year bar a few good games.

What you are referring to isn't crap it's a fact he was being offered contracts that were lucrative and he considered his options going back east. I've got a few contacts through radio media and ex WC staff. I'm glad Sturt signed on as he is important. Banners is a great bloke but not the best player. He getting games over others is ridiculous

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a huge Banfield fan, but he did kick 20 goals in 22 games...which sadly, is about right for our forwards.

Jacko kicked 21 goals in 23 games.
Sturt 21 goals in 13 games
Walters kicked 17 goals in 17 games.
Freddy 23 goals in 20 games.
Switta 12 goals in 20 games.
Emmitt 7 goals in 13 games.

Bolton kicked 34 goals in 22 games

TLDR; Sturt needs to play more. We need more production from our forward/midfield lines and Bolton will be a big upgrade. Get it done FFC!

Not a huge Banfield fan, but he did kick 20 goals in 22 games...which sadly, is about right for our forwards.

TLDR; Sturt needs to play more. We need more production from our forward/midfield lines and Bolton will be a big upgrade. Get it done FFC!
From mostly wing.
He should’ve stayed wing, adapted second half of season. That’s a weird weird move this season.
He was a natural in that position, link up play between defence and kicking to forwards.

Underrated tank when he came to the club, and finally used it around the ground.

Instead he gets pigeon holed as a half forward, which is bloody hard due to the fact errors can be costly.
Never understood why coaches thought Frederick , Banfield, Sturt would be ideal.

Thought he was more valuable on the wing then Sharp as season wore on. Sharp couldn’t kick a goal from anywhere and began bombing it and being ineffective.
That combined with JOM getting 15 possessions a game, both wingers in Sharp and JOM were useless towards the back end of the season.

sadly? this is normal for most clubs in the eight this year.

I would expect a higher return from Switta and Freddy but it's not that bad given our two key talls have been left off the list
I think having a disfunctional forward line for so long has given us unreasonable expectations to what a functional forward line looks like.

If Switta kicked more goals he would be all australian easy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast The Official Bailey Banfield Appreciation Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back