Toast The Official Bailey Banfield Appreciation Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Bell is one of Freos greatest players and would probably make the best ever Dockers team.
Bailey, who is a good solid depth player and a salt of the earth bloke, will not be in our starting 23 next year, (if no injuries).
And Im not a hater of the Uncanny X Man, in some ways he is a fave but lets be real.

Bell is one of Freos greatest players and would probably make the best ever Dockers team.
Bailey, who is a good solid depth player and a salt of the earth bloke, will not be in our starting 23 next year, (if no injuries).
And Im not a hater of the Uncanny X Man, in some ways he is a fave but lets be real.
The comparison was Bell vs McManus

Edit: understand the confusion given we’re on the Banners thread

The comparison was Bell vs McManus

Edit: understand the confusion given we’re on the Banners thread
McManus might be a better footballer than Banfield but tbh I don't think that Bell vs McManus as a comparison would need any extra time to discuss.

Bell seems like a bit of a knob but jeez he could really play. Was our best player for a few years until Pavlich genuinely hit his prime.

Last edited:

Old mate thinks Bell is a terrible player

There’s still a chance the AFL scraps the sub and goes with 5 man bench.
That’ll mean Bailey’s still about the place for a game. We just need to play him in the right position.
For me, he's in the scrap for 23rd man with JoM, Fyfe, Walters, Coop and probably a few others.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some gratuitous Bailey content for y'all.

Back home for the Kimberley 9's:

Then getting one step closer to future Freo players (once plays another 3 games):

Mow back to pre-season training:

Banfield's such a pro on the track, there's no doubt he'll pay a significant role at some point in '25. He's a fantastic component of the list.

But hard for him to sustain a top 25 position for lengthy durations is all.
First step: get him to 100 games!

Banfield's such a pro on the track, there's no doubt he'll pay a significant role at some point in '25. He's a fantastic component of the list.

He’s still top 25 for mine, just hard to get him into top 23 without injuries, I’d prefer him to JOM on a wing, But like the upside of NOD even more on the congested wing.
Given we delisted Emmett, Banfield is also NIL if Sturt is injured to play the Medium/3rd tall role up forward.

That’s totally correct. I think Banners is pragmatic enough to understand that this is the process of an improving team and with that the certainty of selection is reduced.
Bailey will just adapt his role within that new era.
High quality young man and definitely the character we need at the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast The Official Bailey Banfield Appreciation Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back