The Official John Meesen Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Time for John Meesen- NOW!

Drummond, you made a point yesterday and i would be really interested on you expanding on it.... Why does Meesen deserve a spot anymore than any of the others on our list, or more than any of the other untried players we have waiting in the wing?

Thanks

I'd like to see Meesen playing at Full Forward this week, allowing Hudson to ruck and hang back across CHB as a loose man.

Adelaide_Girl - He's strung a couple of good games together, he's massively rated by the Club, we need him to play so we don't have to trade him (or to increase the value) - and we need someone (still) who can take a contested grab in the forward line.

If Meesen is as mobile as Drummond and others think he is, he'd be a pretty hard matchup in the forward line.

And the other reason is that we've been doing the same old thing for ages, and it hasn't worked, time to try something new.

Yeah I agree Jenny, how awesome would it be to make the finals only to crash out in the very first week? :rolleyes:

You honestly think I expect Meesen and co. to come in to the AFL and dominate? I don't, so quit with the "unrealistic expectations" rubbish.

I would rather be in the finals and crash out than not be there at all, mediocrity may be acceptable at richmond or carlton or even freo.... BUT is that the path you really want to see this club go in?

I'd like to see Meesen playing at Full Forward this week, allowing Hudson to ruck and hang back across CHB as a loose man.

Adelaide_Girl - He's strung a couple of good games together, he's massively rated by the Club, we need him to play so we don't have to trade him (or to increase the value) - and we need someone (still) who can take a contested grab in the forward line.

If Meesen is as mobile as Drummond and others think he is, he'd be a pretty hard matchup in the forward line.

And the other reason is that we've been doing the same old thing for ages, and it hasn't worked, time to try something new.

Thank you for that - I have only seen Norwood on the TV this year, so your response was very helpful :)

I know people have failed to understand the relevance of training performance in selection, but i honestly think this has been something that holds Meese back from getting a gig as a ruckman.

The few times ive been down and watched him train, he appears to be the worst at rucktaps out of the potential ruckmen we've picked up. Im hoping that was just him being slow on the comeback trail from injury, but to really press for a game, he needs to be atleast breaking even with his competitors like Maric and Griff. I dont think he was last time i went down to training, but like i said, i hope more fitness will improve that. He certainly shouldnt be losing rucktaps at training to Kenny McGregor and Ben Rutten if he wants to play as an AFL ruckman.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Official John Meesen Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back