Game Day AFL Finals 2024 - Match discussion party thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like Sloane voted on impact, not looking at stats.

That is how our group called it, and not one of us looked at stats.

Statwatcher v Footywatcher

Neale had a great game, but those three made the most impact.

Lions really had no passengers. Every player stood up when they had to. Only player you could suggest had an off day was Charlie. But even he did some good things, tackles and key contest wins.

There was no "Billy Frampton" in this Lions side.

You can see this Lions side winning a few flags because of the depth across all lines.
I thought Neale was better early and visibly just noticed him everywhere, but Ashcroft came home stronger and also kicked that brilliant goal.

AFC rating problems confirmed.
I thought those 3 all had a bigger impact on the game. Ashcroft was consistent across the whole game, Ah Chee looked dangerous all day and was involved in a heap of scoring chains, while Lohmann gave them a massive spark when the game was on the line in the 1st half.

Didn't look at stats until post game, but before that thought Ashcroft and Ah Chee were the top two players on the ground. Had Neale in there during the 1st half, but he faded a bit (fair enough given the injury he's carried for a month).

Mutineer should be given credit for his judgement in pushing Lohmann the showman during his draft season.
Going to be a good draft this year for the Rebels too, I think all of Sam Lalor (mid/forward), Ollie Hannaford (small forward/mid), Jack Ough (tall mid/utility) and Jonty Faull (KPF) will all be off the board by the 2nd round, later/rookie chances in order I think Floyd Burmeister KPF/Ruck), Rhys Unwin (small forward/mid), Harry Charleson (small/medium defender) Flynn Penry (Ruck) all have AFL attributes.

Any of those that don't get drafted in the later/rookie category especially Flynn Penry i'd like us to have a look at with the new SANFL player rules being looked at currently. Matty Lloyd (192cm athletic defender) and Will Rantall 192cm defender) as well for the SANFL team

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day AFL Finals 2024 - Match discussion party thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back