The Official Post Your Final Team For 2012 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

CrozaN

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 5, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
With lockout under way, our teams are lock and loaded for 2012, so lets unveil what our sides are for 2012 season. I have deliberately not posted my team until now due to obvious reasons, but as it is lockout, its time for all of us to show off our teams :thumbsu:.

I will start:

Team name: Pepper Ur Angus
Backs: Deledio, Birchall, Broughton, Heppell, Hargrave, Clarke, Ellis (Bugg, Morris)

Mids: Pendlebury, Ablett, Boyd, Rockliff, Stanton, Magner (C.Smith, Shiel)

Rucks: Mumford, Giles (Redden, Stephenson)

Forwards: Franklin, Fyfe, Martin, Sidebottom, Porplyzia, D.Smith, Kennedy (Dickson, Hall)

$8,100 in the bank.

This is my team on paper, didn't actually start Giles, Kennedy or Clarke this round due to an uncertainty in my final structure/a few picks. Instead played Redden (hopefully works out), Morris (fail :thumbsdown:) and Dickson (probably fail, will be surprised if he gets close to Kennedy's score). Gone with Rockliff captain this week, wanted a unique captain choice and i think Rocky will dominate the dees!

Justifications:
Back structure is pretty standard with 4 premiums, 1 mid pricer and 2 rookies. Opted to leave out Goddard and Scotland, not confident in either of them this year. Decided to go with 3 rather unique'ish players in Birchall (9.3%), Broughton (13.3%) and Heppell (11.4%). They fit my structure a lot better and i am confident in all 3 of them improving this year. I can definitely see all 3 averaging 90+.

I decided to go with the 5 prem midfield set up. I wanted to go with a different structure to most and really liked the look of my team with the 5 prem mids. I don't see any real downside to it either, as i am confident in all my premiums being up there scoring wise. Went with both Rockliff and Stanton as my unique picks. I am shocked that so little own Stanton (and Rockliff for that matter) after such a great year last year! I see upside in both these guys, so i believe they can both improve a bit this year.

Rucks are pretty standard, like most, i went with the 1 prem/Giles combo. I had Cox as my premium for the majority of the pre-season but with growing number of injuries at WCE i had a feeling he may be played more forward, so got rid of him for big Mummy.

Forwards again are pretty standard. I had Dangerfield for the majority of the pre-season but i decided to downgrade him to Porps to upgrade one of my back mid pricers to Heppell. I honestly think if Porps can stay fit (that's the big gamble) he should average around the 75 mark which i would be happy with and shouldn't be too far off what i think Dangerfield will average. Plus in all honesty i am not confident in the forward premiums this year, bar a few, so i didn't want to stack my forward line without real confidence.

B: Goddard, Deledio, Heppell, Broughton, Hargrave, Ellis, Bugg (Clarke emg, Townsend)

C: Swan (VC), Boyd, Ablett (C), Mitchell, Selwood, Coniglio (Shiel, Magner emg)

R: Jacobs, Giles (Redden, Stephenson)

F: Franklin, Fyfe, Martin, Sidebottom, D.Smith, Hall, Couch (Kennedy emg, Dickson)

Gone with the huge midfield. Have about 10k left over and did not want to change my team at all so stuck with Couch, the 116 this week from Kennedy was not really motivation to do that I just wasn't happy with any of the other rookies and sacrifices I'd need to make to my team (most likely midfield) to get them in. Really hoping that comes off.

Gone Ablett captain over Swanny this week.

Backs: Birchall, Broughton, Duffield, Malceski, Lake, Hargrave, K.Hunt (Morris, Ellis)

Mids: Boyd, Ablett, Watson, Stanton, Griffen, Magner (C.Smith, J.Macdonald)

Rucks: Mumford, Giles (Redden, O)

Fwds: Buddy, Lewis, Sidebottom, Fyfe, Hale, Kennedy, Dickson (D.Smith, Couch)

Edit: Also have 76k in kitty

Backs: Birchall, Broughton, Duffield, Malceski, Lake, Hargrave, K.Hunt (Morris, Ellis)

:thumbsu: I like it!

Griffen is a good choice, i see you will be using JMAC's score to cover for him missing ;).

Backs: Goddard, Deledio, Broughton, Golby, Lake, Bugg, Morris (Ellis, Paine)

Mids: Pendlebury, Ablett, Murphy, Redden, Magner, Shiel (McDonald, C.Smith)

Rucks: Cox, Giles (Redden, Stephenson)

Forwards: Franklin, Fyfe, Cloke, Martin, Sidebottom, Dangerfield, D.Smith (Dickson, Hall)

:thumbsu: I like it!

Griffen is a good choice, i see you will be using JMAC's score to cover for him missing ;).

YehJmac will cover him this week, but i picked him because i could honestly see him going from 98 to 114/115.

Id say his NAB PPM was better than anyone else. Soft draw and with Cooney back, the dogs new style that is DT friendly meant he was a lock even if he didnt play the first 2 games. Historically scores poorly against WCE due to Selwood so was quite happy for him to miss round 1 :D

Edit: Also have 76k in kitty

Ryan Griffen

Nice age, scored well last year and could bump again. Missing week one will turn nearly everybody off.
Broken finger and gets tagged first every week. Struggled with the tag last year - no thanks

He just seems to me like he could be that player that scores 95-100 but it isnt good enough in the mids and requires a trade/upgrade.

Similar to Montagna last year. These players are very annoying.

hmmmmmm???

Backs : Deledio - Birchall - Broughton - Waters - Hargrave - Ellis - Bugg
Morris - Paine

Midfield : Pendlebury - Boyd - Ablett - Mitchell - Watson - McDonald
Shiel - Magner

Rucks : Kreuzer - Giles
Redden - Stephenson

Forwards : Franklin - Goodes - Fyfe - Martin - Sidebottom - Smith - Kennedy
Smedts - Dickson

Went with the 5 premium midfield strategy which has obviously really weakened my back line. Late in the week i strengthened my forward line by going Goddard -> Birchall and Leuenburger -> Kreuzer and Clarke -> Paine which game me enough to go Porps -> Sidey. Out of those 3 downgrades i am most worried about getting rid of Clarke. First upgrade will be in my back line.

Watson was one of my earliest picks and seems fairly unique on here. Had that big section last year before he had hammie problems, hoping he can have an injury free year.

Backs : Deledio - Birchall - Broughton - Waters - Hargrave - Ellis - Bugg
Morris - Paine

Midfield : Pendlebury - Boyd - Ablett - Mitchell - Watson - McDonald
Shiel - Magner

Rucks : Kreuzer - Giles
Redden - Stephenson

Forwards : Franklin - Goodes - Fyfe - Martin - Sidebottom - Smith - Kennedy
Smedts - Dickson

Went with the 5 premium midfield strategy which has obviously really weakened my back line. Late in the week i strengthened my forward line by going Goddard -> Birchall and Leuenburger -> Kreuzer and Clarke -> Paine which game me enough to go Porps -> Sidey. Out of those 3 downgrades i am most worried about getting rid of Clarke. First upgrade will be in my back line.

Watson was one of my earliest picks and seems fairly unique on here. Had that big section last year before he had hammie problems, hoping he can have an injury free year.

No Clay smith? ever consider him

Backs: Goddard, Deledio, Hargrave, Malceski, Lake, Docherty, Ellis (Bugg (E), Townsend)
Mids: Ablett (C), Swan, Cotchin, Goodes, Parker, Clay Smith (Shiel (E), Magner)
Rucks: Mumford (VC), Redden (Giles, Stephenson)
Forward: Franklin, Fyfe, Martin, Pavlich, Jack Riewoldt, Harvey, Mitch Morton (Kennedy (E), Smedts)

Due to Robbie Gray not playing I had to make a few last minute adjustments...

Out - Robbie Gray, Pendlebury, Broughton, Hale
In - Swan, Hargrave, Pavlich, Harvey

Gotta address that dud pick of Morton as well as Parkers injury ASAP.. f you McDonald. Though if Magner shows he can score well in round 1, might just sit on Parker since I think he'll tear it up this year. Morton's going out pretty soon for Devon Smith regardless...

I think Cotchin will step up to a premium player during this season, went with him over Watson due to the laters hamstrings. I think Jumping Jack is going to step his shit up this year in regards to DT points, he should've scored over a 100 last night...

Went with Docherty because I think him breaking into Brisbane is going to be sooner than later and Bugg can E for him this week and than start round 2.

Started Redden over Giles because I thought Mumford was going to nuke him, also don't think much of St Kilda's rucks...

Backs:

Goddard Deledio Broughton Grimes Malceski Hargrave Clarke (Ellis Bugg)

Midfield:

Ablett Rockliff JSelwood Gibbs McDonald Magner (Shiel Clifton)

Rucks:

Kreuzer Giles (Redden Stephenson)

Forwards:

Franklin Fyfe Martin Sidebottom Gray Dangerfield Smith (Kennedy Dickson)

Thoughts ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Backs:

Goddard Deledio Broughton Grimes Malceski Hargrave Clarke (Ellis Bugg)

Midfield:

Ablett Rockliff JSelwood Gibbs McDonald Magner (Shiel Clifton)

Rucks:

Kreuzer Giles (Redden Stephenson)

Forwards:

Franklin Fyfe Martin Sidebottom Gray Dangerfield Smith (Kennedy Dickson)

Thoughts ?

Errr? Fail? Or did you pick a non-playing mid-pricer to get Kennedy's score?

My final team:

Goddard, Deledio, Birchall, Broughton, Hargrave, Clarke, Ellis - Morris, Bugg

Swan, Pendlebury, Ablett, Mitchell, Magner, McDonald - Smith, Shiel

Cox, Giles - Stephenson, Redden

Franklin, Fyfe, Cloke, Martin, Sidebottom, Smith, Hall - Smedts, Dickson

Final side:

Backs: Scotland Deledio Birchall Heppell Golby Howard Ellis (Bugg Morris)

Centres: Pendlebury Boyd Ablett Mitchell Coniglio Shiel (C.Smith Magner)

Rucks: Maric Giles (Reddan Stephenson)

Forwards: Franklin Goodes Fyfe Robinson Martin D.Smith Kennedy (Hall Dickson)

Kitty: $15,500

DEF: Goddard, H.Shaw, Deledio, Broughton, Hargrave, Ellis, Bugg (Darley, Morris)

MID: Swan, Pendlebury, Ablett, Palmer, D.Smith, J.McDonald (Shiel, Magner)

RUCK: Cox, Giles (Stephenson, Redden)

FWD: Chapman, Franklin, Fyfe, Martin, N.Riewoldt, Dangerfield, Kennedy (Dickson, Hall)

Kitty: $0

My goal is the top 500.
Bolded players I consider as unique compared to other top 1000 contender teams. I have not seen those players selected in many teams at all. I could even make a case for Swan. I switched Boyd to Pendlebury as the final move due to having too many Round 11 bye players.

I've gone for a very heavy forward line due to the seemingly lack of decent forward rookies. I picked Palmer believing he's the best mid-pricer option in the competition at ~323k.

DEF: Goddard, H.Shaw, Deledio, Broughton, Hargrave, Ellis, Bugg (Darley, Morris)

MID: Swan, Pendlebury, Ablett, Palmer, D.Smith, J.McDonald (Shiel, Magner)

RUCK: Cox, Giles (Stephenson, Redden)

FWD: Chapman, Franklin, Fyfe, Martin, N.Riewoldt, Dangerfield, Kennedy (Dickson, Hall)

Kitty: $0

My goal is the top 500.
Bolded players I consider as unique compared to other top 1000 contender teams. I have not seen those players selected in many teams at all. I could even make a case for Swan. I switched Boyd to Pendlebury as the final move due to having too many Round 11 bye players.

I've gone for a very heavy forward line due to the seemingly lack of decent forward rookies. I picked Palmer believing he's the best mid-pricer option in the competition at ~323k.

Can you tell me where ill finish this year if you already know the top 1000?

cheers

Def: Deledio, Birchall, Broughton, Golby, Lake, M Clarke, Bugg, (Hombsch, Ellis)
Mid: Boyd, Ablett , Mitchell, Thompson, C Smith, Magner (Shiel, Wingard)
Ruck: Mumford, Hale (Giles, Redden)
Fwd: Chapman, Franklin, Goodes, Fyfe, Dangerfield, D. Smith, Dickson (Kennedy, Paine)

$29,600 leftover

10/939 thus far.

Hale is a gamble that I'll see out until price changes. Decided not to take Kennedy's score. If I can uncover a gun rookie without trading for him, it will make a decision on Hale easier.

Goddard Deledio Broughton Heppel Clarke Bower Ellis (Bugg Morris)

Pendlebury Boyd Ablett Murphy Selwood Jmac (Magner Shiel)

Giles Redden (Orren Campbell)

Fyfe Robinson Zaharakis Martin Sidebottom Dangerfield Dickson (Kennedy Hall)

Backs:

Premium: Goddard / Deledio / Birchall / Broughton
Mid-price: Golby
Rookies: Ellis / Bugg / Townsend / Morris

Mids:

Premium: Pendles / Boyd / Ablett / Thompson
Rookies: C Smith / Magner / Shiel / Kerridge (M/F link)

Rucks: standard Cox / Giles / Redden / Stephenson

Forwards:

Premium: Franklin / Goodes / Fyfe / Martin / Sidebottom /
Rookies: D Smith / A Kennedy / A Hall / Dickson

Went hard on GWS rookies and will look to trade aggressively over the first 8 rounds. "Unique" picks / non-decisions are not having JMac or Porpz

Appreciate any comments.

Edit: $31,800 in the bank

DEF: B Goddard, H Shaw, G Birchall, D Heppell, M Golby, R Hargrave, M Clarke, B Ellis, T Bugg

MID: D Swan, M Boyd, G Ablett, J Caddy, S Coniglio, J Magner, D Shiel, J McDonald

RUCK: S Jacobs, J Redden, J Giles, O Stephenson

FWD: L Franklin, N Fyfe, D Martin, S Sidebottom, P Dangerfield, D Smith, A Hall, R Gray, T Dickson

Goddard, Deledio, Broughton, Waters, Hargreave, Clarke, Ellis ( Bugg, Hombsh)

Pendlebury, Ablett, Boyd, Thompson, Selwood, McDonald (Shiel, Kennedy)

Cox, Giles ( Redden, Stephenson )

Franklin, Goodes, Fyfe, Martin, Smith, Smedts, Dickson ( Cameron, Hampton )

Deledio Broughton Waters Golby Lake Hargrave Bugg (Morris, Ellis)

Ablett Boyd Thompson Coniglio Magner Mcdonald (C Smith, Shiel)

Cox Giles (Redden Stephenson)

Franklin Martin Fyfe Chapman Sidebottom Dangerfield D Smith (Kennedy, Hall)

Remove this Banner Ad

The Official Post Your Final Team For 2012 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back