The official SA v Vic Metro Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

apart from a purple patch in the second quarter i wasn't overly impressed with bachar houli. definitely not a first rounder and will be lucky to go second round as well.

What was Coalan like he is a tough nut how did he go got in the best so im assuming did alright any highlights from him can someone give me a run down on how he played?

gandaal said:
Wasn't impressed by Sellar one bit. Too small to be a quality ruckman and did nothing as a key position player. You wouldn't draft him just to pick up cheap possies on a wing. I'll be spewing if we draft him with our first pick.

I agree with your first comment Gandaal. But poor coaching rather than poor play on Sellars part. Why put him on a wing where he played very unaccountable football.

He should have played at CHB because SA was exposed back there, with their lack of height.

In the first half he should have played at CHF, because SA needed to win the game. You play your best players down the spine.

Didnt SA have any other taller players they could have picked for the carnival?

gandaal said:
Ahead of Gibbs, Gumbleton or Hansen? Hell yes! Why would you pick up a talented player who has to play KP because he's not tall enough to play in the ruck when you can pick up a talented player who actually plays KP?

Sellar is every bit as good as Hansen or Gumbelton, you can't split them. He was played out of position all day long. First in the ruck where he never has excelled as a genuine ruckman who wins the taps (he'll work alright around the ground because he can run all day and reads the play exceptionally well) but without a doubt he is a class CHF who can play flank, wing, or defence here and there. He has carved sides apart in the past from CHF. 4 goals in league SANFL debut with some very good marking. What you saw Hawkins do is what Sellar CAN do...just not today. Remember his Under 16 champs, he was sensational. Suddenly he is not as good as the others :rolleyes:

Gibbs certainly did his #1 pick chances no harm with 34 touches, no doubt if Essendon finish bottom they will take him. In need of midfielders they are.

SA can do better than that, no questions asked. Trevena will need to get in there and rev his side up and make them feel some HURT after that loss, no doubt the players are but they really a kick in the backside. It wasn't honourable, they were outworked.

I'm a big Bachar Houli fan, and also wish they wuld prnounce his name correctly, but cannot believe he was in the best today. He has a very good 2nd quarter but did almost nothing after that. Have seen him play alot and he can improve on that for sure. If people think he played well today, when u see him at full tilt (which u mite not cose hes still recovering from injury layoffs) u will be amazed.
I thought Prismall was very lucky to be picked in the squad but today he was very good up forward. When ur playing next to Hawkins in the form he was in, its pretty hard to star up forward, but i thought he showed quite a bit today.
Horne was unbelievable in the last quarter, Hawkins was simply brilliant and i cant wait till hes down at Geelong. I thought Everitt was very good for Metro too.
Gibbs was also fantastic, easily SA's best with Hurley the only one i can think of that looked able to play quality footy at this level.
Theres probs a few others from Metro i didnt mention that played well, but i only reli focused on players i know or played with or against etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

gandaal said:
Wasn't impressed by Sellar one bit. Too small to be a quality ruckman and did nothing as a key position player.
How many games have you seen him play? One would be my guess.

Sellar is an out-and-out gun and didn't have a chance to show his true class today. He'll go top 5.

hey how about andrew hornes last quarter something like 17 possessions. imagine if dicko gave him a chance throughout the game in the guts and not in the back pocket or on the pine:thumbsu: would of killed it

chooker said:
Didn't play.
I actually thought he was one of our best, very impressive work in close. :thumbsu:
SnIcKeRs #3 said:
What was Coalan like he is a tough nut how did he go got in the best so im assuming did alright any highlights from him can someone give me a run down on how he played?
You referring to Caolan Buckley? If so I thought he played extremely well, especially in the second half. Good skills, prepared to get the contested footy, and looked pretty clean and poised.

chooker said:
What number? #3?

Didn't do enough to be recognised by me then. Not many do.
had 17 possesions and kicked a goal... thought he was good then surprisingly sat the 2nd on the bench... a couple of real courageous efforts running back with the flight of the ball too

CharlieG said:
Is he the Jets boy that you were promising me would be a top ten pick months ago?

I read about him in The Age. Apparently as a practising Muslim he fasts during Ramadan - if so he won't be able to train or play for a month... you can't be an AFL footballer without eating during the day. Hopefully it won't be an obstacle to him being drafted... but I can see controversy coming from a long way off.
No idea if the above is actually true, but if it is: Ramadan commences according to a lunar calendar. Commences 24 September 2006. Sounds no problem so far; the team drafting him probably won't expect to see late September action for a while. But it marches back by a little over 10 days a year: 13 September 2007, 1 September 2008, 22 August 2009 etc. So Houli could be the first player in history whose value shrinks as he gets older and more experienced!

Anyone got the Video of the Game?

Remove this Banner Ad

The official SA v Vic Metro Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back