The on topic thread 4.0

Remove this Banner Ad

HISTORY HAS BEEN MADE! THEY WON!!!

Only their second win since 2004 (same opponent). Basically they have more wins than Essendon have finals wins since 2004.

Can add that one to the database.

I don't have a problem with a busy schedule, but the onus is on the clubs to make sure players aren't overworked.

I wouldn't expect to see too many first XI players against Watford, and while that will hurt our chances of progressing (surely the game could have been scheduled a day later) that's preferable to players getting injuries through overwork.

I could even see clubs starting to send players away for a week kid season just to refresh mentally and physically.

I don't have a problem with a busy schedule, but the onus is on the clubs to make sure players aren't overworked.

I wouldn't expect to see too many first XI players against Watford, and while that will hurt our chances of progressing (surely the game could have been scheduled a day later) that's preferable to players getting injuries through overwork.

I could even see clubs starting to send players away for a week kid season just to refresh mentally and physically.
You’d think with less football and more rest the quality of football would increase. It is over the top atm

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You’d think with less football and more rest the quality of football would increase. It is over the top atm
It would also mean less opportunities for kids to break through, less football for the supporter to watch and less money for clubs train, coach and buy the players that bring us then quality of football we currently see.

There's not a heap more football today than there was 20 years ago. We still had both cups, and 38 games. Champions league will be a few extra games this season, and there didn't used to be the conference. Not much has changed.

There’s 25 players in a premier league squad plus the kids but managers seem happy enough to send out the same XI when fit, and plenty of players don’t seem happy about sitting out games.

The new champions league format is overkill but it’s 4 extra games a year for 4 teams, and is part of the price of wanting that champions league money. Outside of that I’m not really sure we’re all these supposed extra games come from every time this story comes up.

It would also mean less opportunities for kids to break through, less football for the supporter to watch and less money for clubs train, coach and buy the players that bring us then quality of football we currently see.

There's not a heap more football today than there was 20 years ago. We still had both cups, and 38 games. Champions league will be a few extra games this season, and there didn't used to be the conference. Not much has changed.
Nations League is a load of shit. Why do teams have to play 8 CL to qualify for last 16? A joke format. World Club garbage. Just overkill. A lot of fans couldn’t give a shit about these games

Nations League is a load of shit. Why do teams have to play 8 CL to qualify for last 16? A joke format. World Club garbage. Just overkill. A lot of fans couldn’t give a shit about these games
It's just so there's less random friendlies isn't it?

I'd happily get rid of the nations league (and about 70% of international friendlies) to be fair.

There’s 25 players in a premier league squad plus the kids but managers seem happy enough to send out the same XI when fit, and plenty of players don’t seem happy about sitting out games.

I think there's an element of poor squad management in that. Pep is pretty good rotating the squad but seems to have a blind spot with Rodri. Players are an asset that need to be protected, whether they're happy about it or not.

It's just so there's less random friendlies isn't it?
Yeah but thought there were too many friendlier anyway.

Football season lasts nearly 10 months then a major international tournament every 2 years. No big time team sport in the world plays that long in a season. Now there’s going to be a 32 team club champ!! FMD!

Different though. These days players sprint far more often plus more press and now its longer playing times now that injury time been extended.

Just over 20 years ago UEFA got rid of the second stage of the CL because of the injuries just before and during ‘02 WC. Now they don’t seem to give a shit. Think overkill negatively impacted the Euros this year as well and possibly the quality of PL late last season suffered as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

The on topic thread 4.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Back