The onward march of T20

Remove this Banner Ad

when we're down to 6 teams playing Tests, we'll have more space in the calendar for T20s... :eyes:

"...It is very clear Australia will support and invest and grow Test cricket opportunities as long as we possibly can." how exactly are we doing that outside of looking out for number one?

T20's original appeal was it would all be wrapped up within 3 hours.

The recent IPL blew through that.

If T10 can wrap in 90 minutes (the length of soccer matches), it'll become the new normal.

The Big Bash 3-hour thing gives me a little lol because, as you suggest, IPL games go WAY longer, and no one seems to care. Most IPL games go over 3-and-a-half hours, and some go over 4!! Granted, they have strategic time outs, but still....

Last edited:

If T10 can wrap in 90 minutes (the length of soccer matches), it'll become the new normal.

The Blast is probably the only T20 comp that achieves this. The playing condition which states that the bowling side must be in position to begin the 20th over within 75 minutes of playing time helps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cricket seems to be regressing about 200 years, with rampant gambling and glorified single wicket comps.

T20 is alright, the hundred kind of interesting but less so than t20, t10 is village nonsense and anything shorter is worthless as a sport.

Our worst fears realised when the likes of Jimmy Anderson and David Warner are cutting their Test careers tragically short to go play hit-and-giggle. I knew I hated that damn T20!

Remove this Banner Ad

The onward march of T20

Remove this Banner Ad

Back