The Pecking Order...

Remove this Banner Ad

Question: When Rippednew1 gets pwned on this forum (pretty common occurrence admittedly) does he have any tactic other than to accuse his vanquisher or being related to a member of the coaching department?

It's getting pretty old.

That it is snrub, particularly in threads unrelated to such repetitive responses.

Cute, thats a completely different ball park.

As a matter of fact it's the same ball park. Adam Simpson is particularly concerned by the effect that forums like Big Footy have on young players.

Has it always been this way since the 1930s as you've suggested? No. Players hear stuff all out on the ground no matter how much you yell and scream. But web forums have suddenly made the opinions of thoughtless people available for public consumption.

Question: When Rippednew1 gets pwned on this forum (pretty common occurrence admittedly) does he have any tactic other than to accuse his vanquisher or being related to a member of the coaching department?

It's getting pretty old.

He seems to favour the age old technique of personal abuse...
I got a delightful pm =)

Sign em all up on 10 year contracts, everything is just perfect in our little world. After the group hug, can ya pass the bong?

nobody's said anything about extending contracts, or that everything is perfect. But do you really think slagging off a stranger in an internet forum is in the least bit helpful to anyone?

But web forums have suddenly made the opinions of thoughtless people available for public consumption.

True. But this same phenomenon also quickly taught us that increased exposure of said opinions has in no way translated to any kind of increase in their value or quality.

I'm glad that Adam Simpson is concerned, because it means the issue probably gets an airing at the club, which then allows the players to be a little more savvy and discerning when they happen to read a site like BigFooty.

Of course, this isn't a problem for Lachie Hansen because he knows all about computers.

True. But this same phenomenon also quickly taught us that increased exposure of said opinions has in no way translated to any kind of increase in their value or quality.

I'm glad that Adam Simpson is concerned, because it means the issue probably gets an airing at the club, which then allows the players to be a little more savvy and discerning when they happen to read a site like BigFooty.

Of course, this isn't a problem for Lachie Hansen because he knows all about computers.

Lucky Lachie is a golden boy around here.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

and as Sansbury and Power did?

It wasn't keyboard hero's repeating tired forum rhetoric and threatening to slice their membership cards that affected the process in any way shape or form.

(also, i don't remember Sansbury or Power ever showing much to suggest they had the potential to make it... Thomas and Hansen have both played dominant games even if they have been few and far between)

I picked LT because I was sick of the way players got smashed on here. I made it into an ironic past time. Funny things is, turns out I was right all along!!

reading my comments here it made me thinh how Smug Mav would be feeling right now. My guess was as smug as Teffy but in fact he called me to say: I'm feeling as smug as a tug under a rug on a plane!

Remove this Banner Ad

The Pecking Order...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back