The Percieved Board / Coaching situation - Post Here no more individual threads

Remove this Banner Ad

You really are a complete and utter fool with no concept of how to behave in the general populous. Its not about being negative its about being repeative UNDERSTAND. I have had enough ,this is a warning. I dont care act like a troll you will be treated like a troll.

I am banned from saying flog but you can say toss pot???

Hypocrite!

you repeatedly called my rumour negative when in fact it wasn't, so i am simply stating a fact.

It is a pity you have to resort to threats when you run out of arguments!

Editted to reflect the current content of my post

I never once said it was negative I SAID it was a rumour. The thread that was closed was closed because it was the same stuff again and again.

I apologise for calling you a ******* as that was wrong , however in general I dont swear and was angry when I posted it. Now that I have apologised will you apologise to each every board member you called a ****.

Get this now, SR let this go , you will not win. Mention it again and see what happens.

Khan

I never once said it was negative I SAID it was a rumour. The thread that was closed was closed because it was the same stuff again and again.

I apologise for calling you a ******* as that was wrong , however in general I dont swear and was angry when I posted it. Now that I have apologised will you apologise to each every board member you called a ****.

Get this now, SR let this go , you will not win. Mention it again and see what happens.

Khan

GO on tough guy....ban me and show them you mean business.

I could only sit on the sidelines for so long. I have given sausage roll a short break .

Let me warn all that post on this board that our patience can be eaten away at. We generally are very tolerant and that means sometimes putting up with a lot of ranting .

We run the boards this way because we don't like the way some other boards are run. Because of this we have to bear that cross but this is an example when it is to much.

I think our board is great.... yes we have a few twits..(some people may think I'm one)..
I like the fact we can cope just as much as we can give... Trolls from other clubs dont last long on here.

To all the posters on this board I apologise for letting SR get up my nose and be abusive to him/her. It wont happen again.

Khan

Or at least I'll try.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK has anyone got any info from last nights board meeting, apparently the coaching issues was going to be addressed last night. Here is hoping they come out and say Wallace has been given a 2 year extention. Does he deserve it? Who really knows, but at least we could head into the 09 season with stability and can give the finals a real shake.

Otherwise their best option if they truly don't believe Wallace is the man for the job, is to part ways and bring in someone fresh. Only problem with that is I think it would cause more instability as there would no doubt be a number of angry supporters who would be calling for the board to resign.

Here's hoping that they didn't extend his contract but resolved to give TW a clear message that he will be judged on whether he is doing the things to take the team forward over the next few years. That short-term decisions to ensure a new contract will have the opposite effect; that we will take a hit and go backwards a bit if it means we will go further forward in the long run. I don't think it should be finals or bust for him, there are too many things that can influence that that are out of his control, like injuries. Having said that, if we have a good run with injuries we should make the finals. If we do, I want to see a game plan and personnel in place to stand up to the extra September pressure.
What I want to see is entire games like we saw quarters of this year, and no games like the abominations against Sydney, Adelaide (x2) and Carlton; the blooding of more youngsters and signs that they will make it; further progression from those who showed something this year. I want to see a team that when it is three goals up with six minutes to play, aims to win by seven goals, not three points.
Give me all that Terry, and you'll get your contract extension. Forget the spin and talk cold hard facts and I might even start to like you.:p

Lets face it, its a no brainer. Wallace deserves another year and maybe a few more but lets leave that decision until it needs to be made, i.e. this time next year. We keep comparing his performance to Clarkson whcih is basically an anomolie in AFL terms but there are a few other coaches that Wallace has considerably outperformed over the past 4 years IMHO, if you compare the starting position. Closest comparison to me is Bomber Thompson about 2-3 ago which reinforces why we should let him see his contract out.

Here's hoping that they didn't extend his contract but resolved to give TW a clear message that he will be judged on whether he is doing the things to take the team forward over the next few years. That short-term decisions to ensure a new contract will have the opposite effect; that we will take a hit and go backwards a bit if it means we will go further forward in the long run. I don't think it should be finals or bust for him, there are too many things that can influence that that are out of his control, like injuries. Having said that, if we have a good run with injuries we should make the finals. If we do, I want to see a game plan and personnel in place to stand up to the extra September pressure.
What I want to see is entire games like we saw quarters of this year, and no games like the abominations against Sydney, Adelaide (x2) and Carlton; the blooding of more youngsters and signs that they will make it; further progression from those who showed something this year. I want to see a team that when it is three goals up with six minutes to play, aims to win by seven goals, not three points.
Give me all that Terry, and you'll get your contract extension. Forget the spin and talk cold hard facts and I might even start to like you.:p

Great post Richoatthedisco.

Wallace will coach beyond 2009 with if the signs are that the team is still developing well. He coached well this year and i think the results that didn't go our way were more due to youth (not being able to play 4 quarters) and inexperience.

There are a lot of players in our best 22 or around the mark who will play there 50th next season or the one after: Edwards, Riewoldt, Cleve, Cotch, Thursty, McGuane, Connors, Morton, Moore, White, Jackson, Polo.

Good signs as they could be all very to good players. But still with so many so young finals cannot be guaranteed.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Percieved Board / Coaching situation - Post Here no more individual threads

Remove this Banner Ad

Back