The Percieved Board / Coaching situation - Post Here no more individual threads

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Terry Wallace- Gone ?

Can't believe how many people who supposedly love THE RICHMOND FOOTBALL CLUB want to burn the place down because of rumours an underachieving coach from another club (sorry, a couple of other clubs) might spit the dummy and leave.
They are usually the ones that complain we are unstable and a basketcase.

Hey he might be a good bloke but good blokes dont win flags and that is where I am heading look at Malthouse Sheedy Mathews etc etc I know where you are coming from but I think this club has to get out off the attitude that not making finals isnt a problem and by the way that is from a guy who has played alot off football and has supported the club for 40 years. And I am not a Fool at least I dont swear!

Well there's not one guy out there who has the credentials. Matthews and Sheedy are too old and Malthouse is pretty much the same. I've supported the club for over 30 years. There are no quick fixes. Richmond is in the doghouse because it does not believe in loyalty. No marquee players want to play for us and no one is brave enough to step into the football manager's role. I thought Schwab would be the ideal fit because he played with Terry at Hawthorn. The only way Richmond will be successful is if it develops its own. I believe we have the talent. I think the two players who are pivotal in all of this are Cleve Hughes and David Gourdis. They both are highly rated and it is possible the next Royce Hart is about to be unveiled.....

Re: Wallace goes: I'll almost give up on the club

Would it make any difference to the sky-is-falling brigade if Terry walked, as opposed to being sacked?

It just seems like a lot of the hysteria is being based on the idea that March and the board have sacked Terry. But if Terry resigns, is that a more acceptable outcome for the afore-mentioned brigade? Or would that simply indicate he'd been pushed too far by the dastardly board?

Mate I've met Wallace. You couldn't meet a nicer bloke. The guy is probably one of the best tacticians in the game. I don't know how many times it has to be repeated. Richmond hasn't had a list for god knows how long. Wallace has had to start from scratch. It wouldn't matter who was coaching the club. Without the players the club goes nowhere. To have players you've got to have money. Richmond has not had any money. There's a bit of a pattern emerging here right? For the first time we've started to turn this around. I don't want blokes who can't string two words together running our club. I want professional people who have plenty of heart. ie Eddie McGuire Get the drift?

Spot on! I think the anti-Wallace camp, with their embarrassing hysteria, have particularly short memories. Don't you recall the feelings of despair as Danny would be interviewed pre-game, looking wistfully off into the distance, mumbling about "putting our best foot forward" type of malarky? Then watching him in the box, in a state of catatonia, watching the pile of shite list we had disgracing the jumper week in week out. FFS, get a grip! Who the **** is gonna replace him (and for the sake of the lord please don't anybody start mentioning Leigh Matthews)

Maybe their might be somthing about it on the footy show. March knows what he is doing. If Wallace goes bad luck. Better coaches out their than wallace, we finished last 2007 and now we finished 9th. It's like everyone is sucking up Wallaces ass, geez.

are pivotal in this are Cleve Hughes and David Gourdis. They both are highly rated and it is possible the next Royce Hart is about to be unveiled.....
The first is a one trick pony that is as useful as a one legged man in an arse kicking comp once the ball his the deck. The second is extremely raw and has been developed as a FB at coburg 2nds. Neither come within 10 miles of Jack Riewoldt.

Well there's not one guy out there who has the credentials. Matthews and Sheedy are too old and Malthouse is pretty much the same. I've supported the club for over 30 years. There are no quick fixes. Richmond is in the doghouse because it does not believe in loyalty. No marquee players want to play for us and no one is brave enough to step into the football manager's role. I thought Schwab would be the ideal fit because he played with Terry at Hawthorn. The only way Richmond will be successful is if it develops its own. I believe we have the talent. I think the two players who are pivotal in this are Cleve Hughes and David Gourdis. They both are highly rated and it is possible the next Royce Hart is about to be unveiled.....

This I agree with you with the players but the coach and the coaching staff not that is only my opion go Tigers lets hope things get better i think we are both hurting at the moment!

See it's not hard to admit when you are wrong.
You are a f****** w***er. It just gets boring going around in circles with you.
The thing about you is you blow your load over something and then put shit on it the next.Which is it ?
Frawley set the joint back years and you know it .
Your Brown/johnson thing is the most far fetched ******ed thing i have ever read.
You pull yourself over pick numbers.
You pulled yourself over Tambling
You hate Tambling
You pulled yourself over wallace.
You hate wallace.
You make me F****** dizzy.

It will be the most stupid decision ever, but it will be typical of a stupid club to throw away something good and go backwards like they have done over and over and over again. Like Northey in 1995 we were looking really good for the first time in years, then we pick up Walls who was pathetic. Dumb club not wanting to give a 3 year contract to Northey, in the stupid hope Sheedy would be available one day? :eek: Right now, this is the most exciting position the club has been in. Exciting list built by Wallace. Exciting game plan. Wallace knows everything about the players. We will almost definately make the finals next year under Wallace imo unless we have 20 injuries. We'll win 2-3 more games than we did this year imo. We'll be exciting. Wallace knows exactly what he's doing. Anyone saying he's not a good coach is wrong.

2005-Turned over some of the list, finished with about 11 wins. Promised hungry tiger fans what they would have wanted. Competitive season, playing a few kids, but not over doing it. List not good enough to wins 13 games. PASS, well coached

2006-Similar to 2007, turned over more of the list and did the right thing by the club, hungry tiger fans and himself with another competitive season with around 11 wins. Played a few more kids, but overall list not ready to win 13 games. PASS, well coached

2007-Turned over more players. Several injuries to important senior players. Many kids being played and we lose several close ones. As expected with a very young inexperienced team we struggled. What more could Terry do?

2008-More delistings. Kids gaining experience and learning game plan. Exciting team playing exciting footy. Best list we have had since I have supported the club in 1982. Exciting times ahead. Young team not quite ready for finals. PASS, well coached

Wallace has done everything right. Quality coach, quality players. He told us it will take 5 years. We'll be an awesome unit in a year or 2. Wallace in charge. He built this list and he warned us all it will take 5 years, but it will be worth it. Will be worth the long wait.

But NO, this is Richmond. A club that has been run by Morons for 25 years. A club so stupid to even consider spoiling everything we have waited for. We'll get rid of the man who will take this team places. We'll replace him with a kid with no afl coaching experience for NO REASON. We'll go backwards for the next 2 years and most likely won't make the finals if we sack wallace. The players will have to learn yet another game plan. The players and coach will take a year to trust and know each other. The game plan will be less exciting. We'll lose games we should win because of this. We won't increase membership of crowds. After 2 years of underachieving, players and coach will lose confidence and support and membership will drop further. Miss the finals again, coach get sacked and the CYCLE continues. This is Richmond. A place run by morons and supported by a few as well :thumbsdown:

I feel the same as you, MT
Hang in there :thumbsu:

I'll admit, i have not been Wallace's biggest fan with all the excuses and crap he spun. but i'm really happy the way he's developed the list and game plan. like someone said earlier with a new coach the players will need to learn a new game plan. Lets just hope the board sees all this and gives Wallace next season at least.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are a f****** w***er. It just gets boring going around in circles with you.
The thing about you is you blow your load over something and then put shit on it the next.Which is it ?
Frawley set the joint back years and you know it .
Your Brown/johnson thing is the most far fetched ******ed thing i have ever read.
You pull yourself over pick numbers.
You pulled yourself over Tambling
You hate Tambling
You pulled yourself over wallace.
You hate wallace.
You make me F****** dizzy.
I suggest you go have a wank to relieve the stress that's built up.

The first is a one trick pony that is as useful as a one legged man in an arse kicking comp once the ball his the deck. The second is extremely raw and has been developed as a FB at coburg 2nds. Neither come within 10 miles of Jack Riewoldt.

It takes time. There aren't too many Wayne Careys out there who become elite players of the competition the minute they begin their careers in the AFL. It can take up to five years for a young player to physically mature. It's going to take time with Cleve. He hasn't even stringed 50 games together yet. The guy has been unlucky with injuries. However he wasn't selected as the All Australian U18 CHF for nothing. The guy is a beautiful kick. Something Richo could only dream about. As for David Gourdis I've seen the reels of him and the guy looked like a star. Has got a really strong grab and great leap. Apparently his kicking needs working on but from what I can see he looks really promising. Was touted to be top 10 in the last national draft. It's going to take time people but I think we've got some real live ones here!!!!

It takes time. There aren't too many Wayne Careys out there who are elite the minute they begin their careers in the AFL. It can take up to five years for a young player to physically mature. It's going to take time with Cleve. He hasn't even stringed 50 games together yet. The guy has been unlucky with injuries. However he wasn't selected as the All Australian U18 CHF for nothing. The guy is a beautiful kick. Something Richo could only dream about. As for David Gourdis I've seen the reels of him and the guy looked like a star. Has got a really strong grab and great leap. Apparently his kicking needs working on but from what I can see he looks really promising. It's going to take time people but I think we've got some live ones here!!!!
I've seen enough of Cleve Hughes to be pretty damn sure he won't make it. Gourdis I have no idea, but we are really struggling if we relying on him to come on. Oh that's right we are struggling. Far too few are relied upon to come on.

This I agree with you with the players but the coach and the coaching staff not that is only my opion go Tigers lets hope things get better i think we are both hurting at the moment!

if this proves to be complete and utter horse shit I will seriously never let you forget this thread.

i dunno if Wallace should go, but i am not celebrating finishing 9th again - we lost several winnable games and carlton, St.kilda, the doggies draw, and put in some near pathetic performances in games that were genuinely crunch games (twice against Adelaide, against Sydney ) . We near did our best to lose some games which should have been percentage boosters (bombers twice, Melbourne, Freo ) and in my opinion - we got the luck of the gods in the majority of close games (shown clearly by our shitty percentage)

this "good 9th" is very overrated . no one cares about the apparent value of the 9th , end of the day 9th = no finals.

Why keep him when there are people like,
Buckley Mathews Sheedy that could take over. Because its not good enough. last year we won 3.5 games this year we won 11.5. Who says were not gonna go back to the bottom.
Well lets see you moron.
Nathan Buckley, will be a good coach one day, but has never coached before, Sheedy would be a disaster you going off his past few years or his name?
Clearly his name because he was pathetic with pretty much everything he did in the last 3-4 years he was coaching. And Leigh Matthews just quit and I just do not think he will be coaching again any time soon.
I have this bad feeling something will happening been building up for ages know. But we will just have to wait and see I guess.

i dunno if Wallace should go, but i am not celebrating finishing 9th again - we lost several winnable games and carlton, St.kilda, the doggies draw, and put in some near pathetic performances in games that were genuinely crunch games (twice against Adelaide, against Sydney ) . We near did our best to lose some games which should have been percentage boosters (bombers twice, Melbourne, Freo ) and in my opinion - we got the luck of the gods in the majority of close games (shown clearly by our shitty percentage)

this "good 9th" is very overrated . no one cares about the apparent value of the 9th , end of the day 9th = no finals.
Good call tobes.

I've seen enough of Cleve Hughes to be pretty damn sure he won't make it. Gourdis I have no idea, but we are really struggling if we relying on him to come on. Oh that's right we are struggling. Far too few are relied upon to come on.

The biggest problem Riewoldt and Hughes had this year is size. A quality forward is judged on his ability to take big marks which can turn games. That's something which a summer preseason can sort out. Until Hughes has consistent playing time at senior level he will continue to struggle. You've got to remember these guys aren't much past 20 years of age. That's why Polak was a huge loss this year because he was a foil for these guys. You have to give time for these guys to grow into the role. Don't forget CHF is the hardest position on the field.

Mate, you're the one carrying on like a child. You have no idea of the situation. Do you know the inner workings of the club? No. Do you have any idea what Gary March does for Richmond? No. Do you realise that Wallace steals his game plan from other coaches and that the talent he has at his disposal is thanks to his recruiters?? NO! Will you be jumping on the bandwagon when Hardwick or whoever makes us into a genuinely competitive team? YES! Have you just emerged from your Y2K-proof bunker, Henny-Penny? Quite possibly. Get a grip. Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn for your panicky hysteria. Tomorrow is another day, and as God is my witness, Punt Rd will rise again! (Apologies to Margaret Mitchell - yes, Michael's mum.)

what is so good about hardwick from all you experts. have you all heard him speak to groups of players and man manage people, or is it that he looks good following clarkson on to the ground that it must mean he can coach.

You people are seriously pathetic...

SURELY if there was a time for Wallace to go it was last year, when you finished last!

SURELY finishing 9th with massive improvement, after finishing last, gives him the right to the last year of his contract!?

Blokes talk about logic - where's the logic in sacking the bloke that has finally got your side moving in the right direction!?

FFS, all you anti-Wallace blokes talk about are the poor recruiting decisions, etc. GET OVER IT! You're on the improve, move forward as one, it's complete crap the way you go on and on about how he's not the right bloke for the job!

OF COURSE the next bloke to come in and coach the side will do a better jon that Terry's done, HE'LL HAVE THE LIST READY TO GO, HE WON'T HAVE TO FIX OTHER PEOPLE'S STUFF UPS!

Surely you all can't be so FU&*%$G DUMB as to not see the progress you've made on last year and previous years!?

I've got a question for Beaver Fever - you seem to be the biggest advocate for Wallace to leave, some of what you say seems to make a little bit of sense and you come across as a smartish sort of person, so how can you see logic in sacking Wallace? How can you sit there and say he has no right to the last year of his contract and he needs to be sent home right away?

Re: I Have A Conspiracy Theory

Hardwick as coach, Buckley as an assistant, Pelchen as Football Chief. Couldn't get any better than that.

Then in 3 years, when these blokes have finished 6th, 7th and 10th, you'll be calling for their heads.. :rolleyes:

Come off it mate, what have you got against the current regime?

Remove this Banner Ad

The Percieved Board / Coaching situation - Post Here no more individual threads

Remove this Banner Ad

Back