Food, Drink & Dining Out The Perth Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part 4 is here:

I wish our lives were that exciting at the moment

She bent down to adjust the high chair and coming up clipped the edge of the stone top bench. Despite being rounded off, it opened her right up and the amount of blood seemed disproportionate to the injury.

She has a lovely egg on her forehead and no doubt a black eye by days end.

I'm guessing, I'll be the DV role model for the next fortnight.
She walked into a stone benchtop? Riiiiiiiiight ;)

it opened her right up and the amount of blood seemed disproportionate to the injury.

It's always the case with any kind of wound to the forehead/brow area. I've had a split eyebrow that was only about a 3mm opening but I looked like I'd been playing around with chainsaws in Texas.

Helps when you get to Emergency though, you get ushered straight through so you don't distress other patients with your bloodstains.

Speaking of black eyes and bruises.
I have a terrible terrible joke about domestic violence. I dont wanna post it. But should i?

please do

Pretty cool that covid (even when there is none) trumps all other aspects of life. Had a friend in Melbourne only allowed to facetime his Mother whilst she died.

Best wishes AxialMat , your GF will need a lot of support and counselling.
It's only because of these precautions that we're not swamped with COVID cases!!

8dOMsGz.png

**** the masks. Touching them ruins their purpose and taking them on and off to eat and drink creates more of a risk than it protects against. Re using cloth ones every day is counter intuitive and people don't wear them right anyway. It's all about optics there is no efficacy with anything less than an n95 worn correctly.

Optics. It makes Lord Mark look like he is doing something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perth has its own brand of COVID fatigue I reckon.

I was way more on board with staying home for weeks at a time, missing some work income etc. than making sure I'm not the 21st or 22nd person at a pub that has room for 100 or that I'm wearing a mask in the park because my heart rate doesn't yet justify taking it off.

Don’t think he’s read the room re: masks at work. It’s not the end of the world but eight hours of it is quite inconvenient. I, and many others I imagine, will work from home longer, which won’t make some employers happy.
None of us in the office wear them at our desks. When we mill about however they come back on.

WA voters might exercise some schadenfreude here...

Clive Palmer has been ordered to pay $1.5 million in damages for copyright infringement over his political rendition of the metal track We're Not Gonna Take It.

The businessman and former politician was sued by Universal Music after he used rewritten lyrics in a version of the Twisted Sister song in saturation advertising for his United Australia Party in 2019.

Despite first seeking a licence to use the 1984 track before abandoning negotiations due to the price, Mr Palmer claimed his lyrics came to him while contemplating the federal election.

If the outcome of her civil disobedience is that nobody was sick because of her - I don't see the issue at all.

I understand that we are in the phase of opening up where someone who didn't know they were infected touched a door knob and later some random who had no idea opened the door and then wiped their face - waiting to see if they get sick.

If the outcome of her civil disobedience is that nobody was sick because of her - I don't see the issue at all.

I understand that we are in the phase of opening up where someone who didn't know they were infected touched a door knob and later some random who had no idea opened the door and then wiped their face - waiting to see if they get sick.

So should we make this a given for any acts of civil disobedience - if no one ends up dead or hurt, then all good

So should we make this a given for any acts of civil disobedience - if no one ends up dead or hurt, then all good

I don't see why not. If there is no material harm to their actions then who would seek justice for it?

The caveat to that would be that everyone is responsible for the material harm they do cause others by their choices and actions, and they need to be held accountable for it.

So walking down a street without a mask that hurts nobody is no problem, but blocking a road to tell people to wear a mask is.

You'll note I pivoted the language to the meaning of what I was saying, and "material harm" better suits all purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back